Thread: 115 talent row?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    They should just get rid of that stupid CC/gap removal row every spec has, make those baseline, then do exactly what you just suggested.
    Dear god this so much. The utility rows are just so disappointingly anti climactic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    To be honest your reply proves my point too. Does it matter if we get one more talent row if all that it gives would be one good choice and two bad ones?
    'Course it does. Even if only one of three is actually viable, that one viable talent still adds flavour to a class, a new mechanic or a new spell.

Something that wouldn't be taken away once Blizzard releases their next expansion and the classes reliant on their artifact weapon/armor go to shit

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    NEW level 115 talents!!
    frostbolt
    ice orb
    water elemental
    For every class and spec. Super balanced because everyone gets it. Warriors with ice orbs, Rogues with frostbolts. Demo locks running around with a half dozen demons and a water elemental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    PS - 90% of your artifacts traits/abilities are being taken away and given back to you as talents. ENJOY! Hahahaha
    It's actually closer to 50%... the other 50 they just scraped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why we need yet another talent row. We have enough options already. All it would do is give us another X, Y, Z, where one of them will be better than the others. Also adding yet another button if they were Active abilities would bloat up rotations for many.
    Erm.. I play most specs currently and not a single one could really be mistaken for anywhere near close to "bloated". Quite the opposite for some, to the point of absolute boredom/tedium.

I could understand not having a new talent row in Legion because we got the artifact ability and the traits but I can't excuse them for not having a new row in bfa. That azerite necklace better be worth it.

getting a new spell at max level is exciting. Without even a new talent row it feels pretty lame. Feels like my destro lock has been devolving since the glory days of MoP (but at least I'm getting soul fire back)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    getting a new spell at max level is exciting. Without even a new talent row it feels pretty lame. Feels like my destro lock has been devolving since the glory days of MoP (but at least I'm getting soul fire back)
    Having chaos bolt is already more than enough. Imo soulfire should just rot (4s cast time? in M raiding you don't have 4s to stay and cast)... but MAH CLASS IDENTITITITITTILTY... They are just lame at this point and they added another dead talent for stupid reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to fix current talents before attempting to add more.

Why a new talent row, when you get a new 'talent' system with the azerite armor? We don't know yet how that's going to play out, but I assume that required more effort then a new talent row. Let's hope it works out fine

Soul Fire was always best used on an instant cast proc via Molten Core. But before that, it was used sometimes. It was always mana efficient, but cost shards and had a long cast time.

with BFA, it will have a 4 second cast time, one second longer than Chaos Bolt. However, Soul Fire will cost one shard while Chaos Bolt costs two.

So you could benefit form using Soul Fire sometimes over Chaos Bolt. But it seems situational, and might be more for Demo than Destro now, but Destro locks will have wanted it back.

Deleted
    This sucks in terms of leveling.

You get no progression from 100-120? No new talents? Artificants dont count because you can barely get a few trait points in by the time you're 110 and then suddenly you get a huge spike for an hour and then you hand your artifact in? This is so freaking clunky.

Is Azurite armor at least available while leveling or is it a max level thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why many talk about losing Artifact. I know we won't use the Artifacts in Battle for Azeroth. However basically all but one trait (at least for Hunter) on the Artifact are passive abilities and we all got ALL of them, that is like having none of them. If everyone is special, no one is special. They also mention making some of them baseline with the expansion. In the end they aren't compareable to talents anyway since there is no choice from the Artifact Traits. The Heart of Azeroth is more like the Relic part of the Artifact though with the Forge included, that is the good part since the Relics gave us choices in the end. Talents are like choices and with Heart of Azeroth we then get more choices than having a single line of talents added.
    While almost all artifact traits were passive, a few were strong enough in their passiveness that NOT having them is going to suck in some situations. BM will no longer have self-healing from Kill Command, nor damage reduction from Misdirect to their pet, so BM soloing is taking a hit. Resto druid is losing 4+ seconds on all their HotS and DoTs, which is pretty damn huge. Sure, most traits WONT be missed, but theres 1-2 traits on every artifact that will make the spec feel BLEH without, and chances are, those will be gone permanently.

Just going through some things I'm going to miss?

Blood DK - 4 extra seconds on Dancing Rune Weapon - 12 vs 8 seconds is a significant boost. Leech on HS, DS. Shield+more powerful Vampiric Blood. Increased life from DS overhealing. Consumption itself won't be missed too much.

Guardian Druid - CC immunity during Rage of the Sleeper. 25% extra movement speed on Stampeding Roar on self.

Resto Druid - Perseverance, and movable Tranq.

Feral - Energy cost reduction on Swipe with Thrash.'

Balance - Moon spells are the main thing to be missed here.

Arms - Self Healing when spending rage, and increased rage pool.

This also doesn't take into account ALL the very handy legendary effects there are, such as stacking PS for Feral, the various "Soul of the X" rings for everybody, ect.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2018-02-20 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    No because if players had access to more customization that would require more work on Blizzard's part.
    just like they did it with level scaling so no need to do different leveling zone

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    This sucks in terms of leveling.

You get no progression from 100-120? No new talents? Artificants dont count because you can barely get a few trait points in by the time you're 110 and then suddenly you get a huge spike for an hour and then you hand your artifact in? This is so freaking clunky.

Is Azurite armor at least available while leveling or is it a max level thing?
    There is no indication that you will have Azurite armor as you level at the moment. But what we do know is that we haven't gained a talent tier since WoD and haven't gained baseline abilities since MoP. Plus, two straight expansions of pruning (WoD and Legion). It is looking, really bad right now.

WoW no longer resembles a MMORPG. Factor in NPC scaling at max level and character growth is non existent or near that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Blizzard needs to fix current talents before attempting to add more.
    This is my opinion too. The current system needs a bit more work yet. The whole current design of one set of talents for single target and one set of talents for AOE that most classes have going on right now is not very good.

I know this will be the umpteenth time they've done this, but I think they need to go back to the drawing board a bit and rethink the game's talent system again. It needs to be better.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Talent revamp would be good but that isn't going to happen this expansion. What they can do is address single target talents competing with AoE or the lack of a level 120 talent tier.

Deleted
    Ye definately need more abilities and choices. It would be amazing if they enabled pvp row for pve. PVP is a lot more fun because of the honor traits you get. Many of them would be fun to use in pve. Also this is a role playing game, makes no sense that you "forget" an ability towards a pve mob. This would increase pvp participation as well. Pretty sure people think grinding some pvp is more fun then stale AP/azerite grind. Sure it would be more difficult to balance, but i rather have more abilties then perfect balance.