Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Light doesn't bring pain to UD priest because they manipulate it.

But if a UD priest heals another UD isn't strange that the UD doesn't scream in pain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Fairly sure that, lorewise, undead priests are shadow priests, no? Except maybe a few.

If Troll priests only used shadow type magic as well, then that would be a shot against Prelates, but there are already plenty of Zandalari Priests that use holy magic to hammer home the fact that Trolls can wield it.
    Alonsus :mumble:

Deleted
    Fairly sure that, lorewise, undead priests are shadow priests, no? Except maybe a few.

If Troll priests only used shadow type magic as well, then that would be a shot against Prelates, but there are already plenty of Zandalari Priests that use holy magic to hammer home the fact that Trolls can wield it.
    What can be seen in the "The Stormwind Extraction" scenario (SPOILER): princess Talanji herself casts a light shield while calling Rezan (the t-rex loa) for help. So, ye, trolls can use light magic obtaining the favor of a loa!

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Light

On look it says light pains undead
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Yeah majority of Forsaken priests are shadow priests and they're forming cult of forgotten Shadow. But some of them(not many though) like Alonsus Faol are still using light because they're still sentinent and cling to their own habits and believes that undeath didn't alter.

As for Darkspears - they're coming from Gurubashi empire, therefore they're worshipping same pantheon. Shadra is likely Worshipped by them aswell (this is one fascinating Loa, she is object of Worship by 3 empires, she must be very powerful).

I believe even Bwonsamdi priest would be able to access holy powers, as Samdi himself was able to heal people. even since Vanilla high priests were using holy spells because Loas just like Celestials are able to channel powers from Light force.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Light

On look it says light pains undead
    So basically nobody bathe an eye if UD priest suffer when healing and UD char are in pain if healed.

But God forbid UD Paladin drove by strong force of willpower to handle light itself, endure the pain, to smite the ass of their foe.

That is too much, better the masochist UD healer / healed cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Yeah majority of Forsaken priests are shadow priests and they're forming cult of forgotten Shadow. But some of them(not many though) like Alonsus Faol are still using light because they're still sentinent and cling to their own habits and believes that undeath didn't alter.

As for Darkspears - they're coming from Gurubashi empire, therefore they're worshipping same pantheon. Shadra is likely Worshipped by them aswell (this is one fascinating Loa, she is object of Worship by 3 empires, she must be very powerful).

I believe even Bwonsamdi priest would be able to access holy powers, as Samdi himself was able to heal people. even since Vanilla high priests were using holy spells because Loas just like Celestials are able to channel powers from Light force.
    Yeah, Alonsus, I knew of, and likely some other major forsaken/undead characters.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    No.

Zeliek is well fitted NPC.

Gie is a random follower with no interaction and basically an April fool's like the Solaire NPC for alliance.

Grimtotem are mobs just like Prelate.

There are named Prelate? Named Freethinker? Nope.
    Why would anyone need that when it's meant to be common unit? Like grunt? Do you honestly need some extra named NPC so the combo would be validated? Numbers aren't enough lol?

And I wouldn't say tht Gie is april fools joke, there is a chance that one pandaren wanderer was unlucky to fell to scourge. You saw pandarn turtles in various places even in vanilla like in Dustwallow Marsh or Darkshore.

If there was a Prelate Jumanji in game with some kind of iteration maybe that was a proof.
    Maaaaybe Hah!
    I could bet that even with named NPC you would say "that doesn't count!"

I bet that if we would reverse it, that there is unique Zandalari paladin NPC you would scream "it's just ONE NPC! That means nothing! To justify combo there has to be lore around it and representation in numberz!"

Not a single mob.
    And the fact that even dataming doesn't show Zandalari paladin I'm so sorry for you guys.[/QUOTE]

It's apla and subject to change. the list could be incomplete considering that Dark Irons don't have access to priest class. And lastly devs said that they're willig to listen to players' concern regarding class/race combos. So yeah people are ofc discussing it.

Light doesn't bring pain to UD priest because they manipulate it.

But if a UD priest heals another UD isn't strange that the UD doesn't scream in pain?
    Yes, it does bring them pain lorewise.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Alonsus :mumble:
    The except maybe a few part was important there. I didn't emphasize it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Ok blizzard I guess we'll just go fuck ourselves
    This seems like a balanced and well-reasoned reaction to unconfirmed material.

Deleted
    If tomorrow they add an NPC Prelate in the horde embassy I would be ok and pretty much ok with Zandalari Paladin even with no Overlays.

" Alpha is subject to change " has been proven to be untruly mostly, so don't be so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    This seems like a balanced and well-reasoned reaction to unconfirmed material.
    Yeah I really hope OP would be changed. Pity I was not the one who made it xD

- - - Updated - - -

If tomorrow they add an NPC Prelate in the horde embassy I would be ok and pretty much ok with Zandalari Paladin even with no Overlays.

" Alpha is subject to change " has been proven to be untruly mostly, so don't be so sure.
    What you're talking about? A lot of stuff was changed / deleted in WoD and Legion during alpha stage. in MoP Jade Forest questing was completely changed.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Yeah I really hope OP would be changed. Pity I was not the one who made it xD

- - - Updated - - -

What you're talking about? A lot of stuff was changed / deleted in WoD and Legion during alpha stage. in MoP Jade Forest questing was completely changed.
    Legion had a lot of feedback in alpha regarding leggos or Artifact that wasn't listened and we saw what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Undead can be paladins, maybe not. ( Even afrasiabi struggled with that question in one of his FAQs)

But this is not about Undead paladins, it's about Zandalari paladins. So stop with the Whataboutism.

Blizz will include Zandalari paladins if we complain enough to them. And They should do it, it fits the lore (not that it matter, gameplay ALWAYS trumps lore.)
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Yeah, without making heard what you want to see happen and why, you can't complain about things not changing or being added.

There are named Prelate? Named Freethinker? Nope.
    You'd have trouble finding named examples of most classes since the named characters often don't conform to the class except for the theme.

But really now. If countless nameless characters rushing a group showing off skills normally used by a character class isn't enough of an indicator that something might be common place then we might need to re-categorize what we think the front line fighting force of the armies are... since that means warriors might not be commonplace.

Like what named warriors are still in the game? Was Taylor a warrior or a rogue? Is genn a warrior/rogue... maybe he's a druid since he's ALWAYS shapeshifted and mauling people.

Really though... heavy armor and holy magic on a common mob and background story indicating a possible connection isn't enough, but a random token character that might be a reference/parody/joke is a good sound reasoning? Just no.

Deleted
    If that was enough they would have presented Paladin before Druid for Zandalari.

Deleted
    Its actually lore breaking that they can be warlocks or rogues. Yet it will be fine if they can be paladins...

Deleted
    Yeah, without making heard what you want to see happen and why, you can't complain about things not changing or being added.
    Making heard vs spamming on Twitter like monkey on acid.

Maybe not the same thing?

Also last word is by Blizzard, I didn't recall all this fuzz for Tauren Paladin or Shammy Goblin tbh

Making heard vs spamming on Twitter like monkey on acid.

Maybe not the same thing?

Also last word is by Blizzard, I didn't recall all this fuzz for Tauren Paladin or Shammy Goblin tbh
    You're gonna have to find some evidence that I was spamming on Twitter. :P

Last word is always by Blizzard, but it's not like they never change or add things based on what players have to say, and it already fits lore, so.