10+ Year Old Account

Azerite, the future of war, and... a cold war?

Is just me, or the separation of the faction by continent and the fact that the Horde and the Alliance are getting something compared to "nuclear weapons", would it mean that for the future expansions will both factions conflict will be based on treats to shoot the other faction with their "azerite weapon" and destroy the other (making both faction not want to ever make a move to the other, and just ending up fighting in small skirmishes?), unless most of the Azerite get destroyed or consumed by the end of BfA, it looks like its going to end this way (or both faction doing irreparable damage to the other, basically making each other no stronger than many of the small factions that we end up helping in many of the expansions we have had)

Tactical Nuke inbound.

I'm sure we'll just end up fighting each other until a big bad puts itself in the middle for us both to rally together for.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Tactical Nuke inbound.

I'm sure we'll just end up fighting each other until a big bad puts itself in the middle for us both to rally together for.
    Most likely, but after the "big bad" is dealt with, and both faction see the other with a full stock of Azerite, they may end up at each other throat but incapable of doing anything for the possible catastrophic outcome that it may have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde get the continent with Azerite. Alliance get the continent with jack squat. How does this become a cold war?

Considering the level of security both alliance and horde have, multiple spies, impersonators, traitors etc. A weapon akin nukes would immediately fall into the hands of some big-bad guy and gg.

The future is cold war like vanilla but azerite will surely go at the end of bfa once we remove the sword and heal the wound.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

While I agree that Azerite weapons might be like Nukes, I can see a potential other result. We might come to find out that Azerite isn't what we think it is. We're assuming it's just hardened Titan blood. We may find out that it's impossible to control or has some nasty side effect. (or is actually something completely different)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Horde get the continent with Azerite. Alliance get the continent with jack squat. How does this become a cold war?
    Azerite starts popping up all over the world, including places like Kezan. Presumably it makes appearances in the Eastern Kingdom as well. Azerite collection is key component of the "Island Expedition" game system in BfA.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Azerite is most definitely not JUST in Kalimdor. The world is bleeding all over. That's why we have the island explorations. I assume that Silithus is probably just the largest known deposit since Sylv mentions she wants to secure the Horde's legacy or some such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Considering the level of security both alliance and horde have, multiple spies, impersonators, traitors etc. A weapon akin nukes would immediately fall into the hands of some big-bad guy and gg.

The future is cold war like vanilla but azerite will surely go at the end of bfa once we remove the sword and heal the wound.
    I don't think we're going to be removing that sword anytime soon...we "cauterized/cleansed" the wound with our artifacts but removing that would be like removing a mountain from the ground.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Azerite starts popping up all over the world, including places like Kezan. Presumably it makes appearances in the Eastern Kingdom as well. Azerite collection is key component of the "Island Expedition" game system in BfA.
    Not only that, I have a sneaking suspicion Azerite will be removed from the story after BfA ends and it has served its purpose as a plot device. Either because healing the world depowers it, or N'zoth somehow corrupts it, or it just becomes dormant after a while on the surface. Blizzard likes its status quo.

Well they do get control of that one-time-only bridge to an entire planet utterly beholden to our world.

Tactical Nuke inbound.

just described BFA

calling it now one or both faction leaders are under the control of an old god

10+ Year Old Account
    Tactical Nuke inbound.
    Well, Lightforged have their Ion canon and Warfronts are RTS. This might be our C&C: Warcraft Edition

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Not only that, I have a sneaking suspicion Azerite will be removed from the story after BfA ends and it has served its purpose as a plot device. Either because healing the world depowers it, or N'zoth somehow corrupts it, or it just becomes dormant after a while on the surface. Blizzard likes its status quo.
    It makes sense but also just having both faction threaten each other with total annihilation would bring an status quo (that they could break whenever the lore requires it), that way we could still have our PvP zones without it being weird while we still concentrate on whatever is the "true evil" in that moment.

I for one look forward to us fueling a Taunka vs. Tuskarr proxy war in Northrend until the losses become untenable and the people of Orgrimmar and Stormwind cry out for peace.

Tactical Nuke inbound.

This is all just a set up for WoW2. After fighting the big bad, the 2 factions will literally blow up the surface of most of Azeroth, wiping out all civilization.

WoW2 is a sandbox/survival MMO about multiple tribal factions rebuilding and exploring a shattered world.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Azerite is most definitely not JUST in Kalimdor. The world is bleeding all over. That's why we have the island explorations. I assume that Silithus is probably just the largest known deposit since Sylv mentions she wants to secure the Horde's legacy or some such thing.

I don't think we're going to be removing that sword anytime soon...we "cauterized/cleansed" the wound with our artifacts but removing that would be like removing a mountain from the ground.
    Goblins are professionals of creating, moving and removing Mountains!;p

At end of BFA Azerite will either be corrupted or magically lose its power cause we gonna ditch those Azerite gear at end of expansion just like Artifact weapons .