Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worst Skier Abuses Privilege to Compete in Olympics

Last week Fox News spend air time complaining that the US Olympic team was too diverse. Will there be equal outrage over Olympic skier Elizabeth Swaney snaking their way into the competition?

That's right kids, you can be an Olympian if:
    • You can abuse nationalization rules to compete on the US , Venezuelan, Hungarian team
    • Have the money to compete in skiing events for 2 years
    • Have the money to only find competitions with less than 30 competitors
    • Place at least in that top 30 by never falling down
    • ??? Worst ski run in the 2018 Olympics ???
    • Profit

Gold goes to the fans expression at the 1:00 mark.

She got some sick air in that half pipe.

Yeah, she's an international embarrassment. This is what happens when you have rich parents who don't cut you off and make you take care of yourself. I'm sure she will go through life, bragging that she's an Olympian, and everyone will be mocking her behind her back.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-02-20 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Last week Fox News spend air time complaining that the US Olympic team was too diverse. Will there be equal outrage over Olympic skier Elizabeth Swaney snaking their way into the competition?

That's right kids, you can be an Olympian if:
    • You can abuse nationalization rules to compete on the US , Venezuelan, Hungarian team
    • Have the money to compete in skiing events for 2 years
    • Have the money to only find competitions with less than 30 competitors
    • Place at least in that top 30 by never falling down
    • ??? Worst ski run in the 2018 Olympics ???
    • Profit

Gold goes to the fans expression at the 1:00 mark.
    And? She gains nothing for doing this, except being able to say "I competed in the Olympics . . . through shenanigans". Maybe it's a silly thing to do, but so what? It doesn't take anything away from anyone.

It's funny. Why are people getting angry at this?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And? She gains nothing for doing this, except being able to say "I competed in the Olympics . . . through shenanigans". Maybe it's a silly thing to do, but so what? It doesn't take anything away from anyone.

Because she's making a mockery of the Olympics. She's basically saying haha I found a loophole.

As far as I can tell, this woman is privileged because... she had the money to do what she did?

Do you even take yourself seriously anymore, with these kinds of idiotic topic titles?

It's ok, I wouldn't be able to pull off those moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Because she's making a mockery of the Olympics. She's basically saying haha I found a loophole.
    Because as we know, the Olympics is the epitome of sportsmanlike conduct in which nobody has ever cheated, bribed, or doped their way into the rankings or even to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It's the Olympics, Who gives a damn. I mean honestly I didn't watch 1 minute of any competition and could care less about them. just as I could care less about the NBA, NFL, or MLB, its a bunch of people that are usually grown ass adults playing kids games, that does not contribute to anything of merit. Will any of these people invent anything relevent? will any of them build a road, Bridge, or Building? Will they do anything with their life or just play games?

10+ Year Old Account

I thought it was sad.

Consider Ester Ledecka won the Woman's Super G on Wednesday... from the 26th spot. She's a rare athlete that can compete in snowboarding and skiing. The possibility of a joke taking away a low rank would deny an Ester Ledecka type of opportunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Right. Which deserves an "oh, you", and a head-shake, with a wry grin. And that's about it. She's not claiming to be an awesome athlete, she KNOWS it's a loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I thought it was sad.

Consider Ester Ledecka won the Woman's Super G on Wednesday... from the 26th spot. She's a rare athlete that can compete in snowboarding and skiing. The possibility of a joke taking away a low rank would deny an Ester Ledecka type of opportunity.
    That's not how Olympic teams are determined in the first place. She didn't take a deserving athlete's spot from them. Hungary's going to send all the athletes they can, and she was specifically entering competitions where she couldn't push anyone out of the top 30.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-02-20 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    It's the Olympics, Who gives a damn. I mean honestly I didn't watch 1 minute of any competition and could care less about them. just as I could care less about the NBA, NFL, or MLB, its a bunch of people that are usually grown ass adults playing kids games, that does not contribute to anything of merit. Will any of these people invent anything relevent? will any of them build a road, Bridge, or Building? Will they do anything with their life or just play games?
    They provide entertainment for millions of people, mister salty blue collar pants. What does Joe Buttfuck who hucks rebar around onsite all day before he goes home to smoke meth contribute? Oh right, he's a paragon of society because he's in construction

Also, FYI: The Olympics are full of amateur athletes who have other careers. Jennifer Jones is an Olympian gold medallist and a lawyer. Seems to me like you don't know shit about shit.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2018-02-20 at 06:19 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Were is the outrage that Giles Barnes plays with the Jamaican national team instead of England? Seriously, what a nothingburger.

I bet she can ski better than most people.

Peace

I admire her courage.

What's an even scarier thought, she's been doing this for 2 years, imagine how bad she was when she started!

Because somewhere in the world there is an athlete who legitimately deserved to compete at the Olympics but lost a spot to this disgrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgeta View Post
    Because somewhere in the world there is an athlete who legitimately deserved to compete at the Olympics but lost a spot to this disgrace.
    That's flat-out untrue.

Hungary is going to send as many athletes as qualify. No Hungarian athletes were cut to make room for her.

And in the placement competitions, she was only competing where she couldn't kick anyone out of the Top 30. So it just flat-out didn't happen.

It's not like the Olympics limit how many can attend per country. Look at the size of the USA's delegation.

It's a good thing you don't have to be a citizen to be part of the olympics, somewhere in the world is someone who lost out representing every country. Gee whiz, think of the Chinese nationals who missed a spot on the US team because of this disgrace.

Yeah I agree, makes me wonder if she earned that Harvard degree or if her parents made some sort of large gift to the university so she could attend.

Trolling through life...yay?

We are collectively trying to disown her. Please accept our apologies.

We actually have competent athletes on our team there.