Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Then how do you explain the player character void elves? Literally the only classes the originals were were mages and locks. Also how/why would initiates exist if they were all transformed during that one event?
    Do you have a source for that? @bold
    The initiates are training to control the void. Not everyone is able to do that right away.

PC Void elves? You know how many DH PCs exist vs how many there are in actual lore, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Maybe Undead can be paladins, maybe not. ( Even afrasiabi struggled with that question in one of his FAQs)

But this is not about Undead paladins, it's about Zandalari paladins. So stop with the Whataboutism.

Blizz will include Zandalari paladins if we complain enough to them. And They should do it, it fits the lore (not that it matter, gameplay ALWAYS trumps lore.)
    Gameplay, Lore and 'Rule of Cool' should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Really? Which Vanilla zone did they inhabit?
    They were mentioned as Freethinkers that came to fight Blood God Hakkar and that they made huge sacrifices to fight him and his minions. You had special quest chain thanks to which you could get plate that gives stenght and intellect.

While I agree that Freethinkers could be dismissed as it doesn't sound like a class, Prelates are obvious enough.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Gameplay, Lore and 'Rule of Cool' should be enough.
    In my honest opinion I think Blizzard are VERY AWARE of people wanting them as pallys. Again we are all making assumptions based on data mining. If we believe the data mining dark iron dwarfs can be death knights also.

In my opinion we should wait till they make a public announcement on what classes they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey303 View Post
    People have this notion that all trolls are the same, but with the in-game lore and alpha knowledge so far, they are much more civilized than jungle trolls or the Darkspear. These are brute-force driven fighters, that look down on dexterity (-rogues) and value strength. They also prefer to supplement their brute force with "ancient magics." While shaman are another class that uses magic and force, it seems much more like they are using their weapons as tools to control the elements, rather than just backing their strikes with it, although that is just my interpretation. Nonetheless, Paladins still fit that bill perfectly, and with it being proven that Loa can grant holy powers, I don't understand why they couldn't back their brute force-like warrior attacks with ancient Loa magic to be paladins.

Quotes for some reference:

"Dexterity is not prized among Zandalari warriors: Brute force, backed by ancient magics, is the preferred combat style."

"There is no room for weakness among the Zandalari. Strength, ferocity, stamina, power: These are the traits by which success is measured." - These sound like warriors mostly, but with the "backed by ancient magics" line from the previous quote, only Paladin fits their "preferred combat style" definition.

"Adolescents prepare for their trials with years of training, communion with the spirits, and by tattooing sigils of power onto their skin." - This sounds very much like how I would imagine a Zandalari-themed Paladin in training. Communining with the Loa for power and inscribing runes of power to grant them aide from them. These mentioned trials are for proving their strength as well, which is another clue that communion with the Loa gives power (although this has already been proven).

I don't understand why people find Zandalari Paladins completely unreasonable. There would have to be no "lore-bending" to make it happen. It is all already there.
    Agreed it's reasonable, but what is your source for those quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by Artoria View Post
    Do you have a source for that? @bold
    The initiates are training to control the void. Not everyone is able to do that equally.

PC Void elves? You know how many DH PCs exist vs how many there are in actual lore, right?
    Check the wowpedia link and also check out the scenario again.

Lots of death knights exist in lore, thats why there is a class hall for them and tons of npcs. Besides void elves are a race not a class. Now if you were asking how many gnome death knights exist in lore and how many player ones exist then you would be correct in saying player numbers don't equal lore numbers. But there are already more Void Elf NPC's than there were followers of Umbric.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Agreed it's reasonable, but what is your source for those quotes?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/For_Council_and_King
    It was inside one of the items from the Lorewalkers scattered around Pandaria.

- - - Updated - - -

Check the wowpedia link and also check out the scenario again.

Lots of death knights exist in lore, thats why there is a class hall for them and tons of npcs. Besides void elves are a race not a class. Now if you were asking how many gnome death knights exist in lore and how many player ones exist then you would be correct in saying player numbers don't equal lore numbers. But there are already more Void Elf NPC's than there were followers of Umbric.
    I'll look into the mage/warlock thing but I said Demon Hunters, not Death knights.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    In my opinion we should wait till they make a public announcement on what classes they can be.
    Datamining seems really open this time around. I mean wasn't alpha usually more closed off? I would not be surprised if the lack of official statement by this point is to encourage just the type of debate in this and other places.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Like a Skin.

Change only the appearance and text and animation.

No the spell DMG or any mechanics.

If Lightforge Tauren with a Sword is ok so make gnomes shaman and fuck this game
    Oh lord, give me the strength.

OF COURSE the optimal thing would be:
    -different class name
    -different skill names and icons
    -different animations for skills/spells
    -different game mechanics

since I’m not THAT stupid and I understand all of these would be way too much work for Blizzard, I can be happy enough with a name change for the class.

As much as I’m a Rogue and not a “naked warrior with knives” or a Priest and not an “Holy Mage” I would like to be a Sunsomething instead of a Paladin.

Why is it so difficult to understand its a mistery to me.

Else

https://wow.gamepedia.com/For_Council_and_King
    It was inside one of the items from the Lorewalkers scattered around Pandaria.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll look into the mage/warlock thing but I said Demon Hunters, not Death knights.
    oops my bad. Still the point stand that there are a ton of Demon Hunters in lore. Maybe not the numbers of players that play em but there are a bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    in what way do they not make sense? considering they exist in the game
    There's Night Elf paladins too. Not like lore consistency is anything they really give more than a token nod to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    They were mentioned as Freethinkers that came to fight Blood God Hakkar and that they made huge sacrifices to fight him and his minions. You had special quest chain thanks to which you could get plate that gives stenght and intellect.

While I agree that Freethinkers could be dismissed as it doesn't sound like a class, Prelates are obvious enough.
    I know about Freethinkers. The comment I replied to claimed there were Prelates in Vanilla already, though.

oops my bad. Still the point stand that there are a ton of Demon Hunters in lore. Maybe not the numbers of players that play em but there are a bunch.
    There aren't *that* many. Most of the people who trained to become a demon hunter died in the process. That, along with the fact that 100% of them were imprisoned after the events of black temple and a fair amount of them died escaping the vault of the wardens.

As Umbric's original group of followers was not shown to be particularly large -- and comprised entirely of mages and warlocks in the scenario -- players have speculated that the void elves' ranks, which seem to have grown significantly between the recruitment scenario and the introduction quest for void elf characters, were expanded by elves learning of Telogrus in the interim and willingly subjecting themselves to the process. This is seemingly implied by the presence of blood and high elf initiates training under Locus-Walker in the rift, but not explicitly stated.
    I saw this and I see why some could come to the conclusion. I just think it's weird that new void elves are told to "go adventure out into the world" and experience yada yada as if the playable void elves are the ones that were in the rift with Umbric for the past.. who knows how long. I think this all circles back to the fact that void elves shouldn't be a race :/ They're a bonafide hero class with a race label because blizzard didn't want to design an entire new class.

If we're going with the theory that void elves are other classes and what not becoming interested in void magic it makes no sense that they start at level 20 instead of like.. 100/110 because they should've already have experienced everything that's gone on in recent times because they weren't away from Azeroth.

There aren't *that* many. Most of the people who trained to become a demon hunter died in the process. That, along with the fact that 100% of them were imprisoned after the events of black temple and a fair amount of them died escaping the vault of the wardens.

I saw this and I see why some could come to the conclusion. I just think it's weird that new void elves are told to "go adventure out into the world" and experience yada yada as if the playable void elves are the ones that were in the rift with Umbric for the past.. who knows how long. I think this all circles back to the fact that void elves shouldn't be a race :/ They're a bonafide hero class with a race label because blizzard didn't want to design an entire new class.

If we're going with the theory that void elves are other classes and what not becoming interested in void magic it makes no sense that they start at level 20 instead of like.. 100/110 because they should've already have experienced everything that's gone on in recent times because they weren't away from Azeroth.
    Really both void elves and light forged shouldn't be playable races or like you said should start out at 100/110 because both already are a warrior/mage/whatever that undergoes a transformation. Blizzard did well creating lore for Nightborne and Highmountain and I assume they just ran out of time and was like "fuck it lets just make up some stuff quick for the Alliance". And because these are transformation races and not actual ones it means they should also have any class the base race has as well.

What Blizzard should have done was make a couple allied races for the Army of Light that now need a home since the major players in the legion are gone and have them join the Alliance and just give a couple light forged styles to Draenei when orcs get the upright standing option.

Having a few races in the Army of the Light would have made Argus seem less silly then what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Rogues use shadow magic also. The Zandalari don't tolerate such things as outcast. It's flat out bad to their culture and way of living.

- - - Updated - - -

There is certainly sickly people in these threads you should not reply to. A dead give away is over 5,000 post in less than 2 years time.
    ? shadow hunters were initially the leaders until their society become bigger and scholars become the predominant caste, but still they are highly respected. so they clearly havent problem with use of shadow

This thread is ridiculous, Zandalari Paladins already exist ingame, anyone saying otherwise is just a troll. >.>

You know what does not exist? Dark Iron Shamans. In fact Dwarf shamans were not a thing at all until Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    This thread is ridiculous, Zandalari Paladins already exist ingame, anyone saying otherwise is just a troll. >.>

You know what does not exist? Dark Iron Shamans. In fact Dwarf shamans were not a thing at all until Cataclysm.
    werent the gryphon rider in w2 shamans?
    i mean, at least for chronicle they were, but in the game?

really? did you forgot there was a whole place called blackrock mountain, and the searing gorge and burnning steppes FILLED with dark iron shaman controlling elementals?
    almost like the dark iron themselves are the ones who summoned the firelord ragnaros originally?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Shaman...dwarven_shaman
    The spellcasters of the Dark Iron dwarves are usually mages or shaman, as these deal closely with fire.[7] (MG 52)

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Iron_dwarves

Dark Iron dwarves speak Common and Dwarven. Dark Iron dwarves sometimes learn Goblin and Low Common to speak with the creatures around their territory, and their elemental masters teach some of them their ancient language, Kalimag

etc
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-02-20 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    really? did you forgot there was a whole place called blackrock mountain, and the searing gorge and burnning steppes FILLED with dark iron shaman controlling elementals?
    almost like the dark iron themselves are the ones who summoned the firelord ragnaros originally?
    How old are you? Serious question.

Those Dark Iron Dwarves are MAGES not Shaman.

Deleted
    This thread is ridiculous, Zandalari Paladins already exist ingame.
    Cross posting

Yep FULL OF THIS PEEPS in Wow

Also Prelate Mobs are wearing MAIL gear. Costco Paladin.