Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    There certainly should be DI shaman available; if anything, they should be a "dark shaman" iteration of the shaman class, which enslaves elementals.
    Sounds great! Like the Cata Garrosh orc ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    You mistake the Taunka with the Yaungol. Furthermore it proves nothing about my argument being invalid, as I said, the Dark iron dwarfs are enslaved by Ragnaros NOT vice versa. How do you want to enslave elements when their elemental lord can burn you in an instant?
    Umm, no, I am not. Taunka are the bison-tauren in Northrend. If you do questing there on the Horde side, you would find out that Taunka Shaman enslave the elements to do their bidding, and Taunka Shaman you talk to are proud of the fact.

Yaungol also enslave the elements, but to a much lesser extent then the Taunka - The Yaungol primarily deal with Fire elementals, and occaisonally earth, with little contact with Air and Water. (Part of the Yaungol background lore you find out through the Lorewalkers)

Also, Ragnaros hasn't been in Blackrock Mountain for DECADES, and there were plenty of fire elementals who weren't banished. The Dark Iron still need Fire Elementals to stoke their forges to properly smelt Dark Iron ore. Do you think that a hardy, grudge-carrying race like the Dark Iron would just LET the leftover fire elementals return to the Firelands? I think not myself. So that's a good period of time for Dark Iron's to learn Shamanism, even if it's only related to the element of fire. Whats more, as part of the Alliance, they have had other shamans to work with since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted

I mean if this look right on Troll or Tauren....dunno

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    But that is something so much different from a standard Paladin that is fucking ugly to force.

I don't wanna to have a Zandalari Paladin casting Blessing of KINGS rofl KINGS they have no Kings their only King is Rastakhan that already have the word "khan" that mean King
    While I agree that Rastakhan should have a title of emperor, but since he is in game called king, wouldn't that mean that he had predecessors? Like Dazar? Or the others that are rested in that new golden Necropoly that will become new dungeon?

I dont wanna to see a Zandalari Palading with ANGELIC WINGS that stuff is nightmare fuel.
    FYI Priests also get wings, not only that - the spell is called Archangel!

Wat about Blessing of Ancient Kings? that human with armor? or the Valkyrie? no sense.
    Can be glyphed, like spirit wolves to raptors. Ta-dah!

Zandalari Paladin with "Grand Crusader" passive or "Templar's Verdict" WTH
    It's just name. With your reasoning we should delete space goat shaman because goats can't hex and use voodoo totems, that is troll stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you assume people would use this mog and not the heritage armor? Or the other troll armor, like from Zandalar questing experience?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    I see why not DI Dwarves Shamans and Zandalari Paladins cannot be an option. The former attempted to summon an elemental lord and worked closely with fire elementals at their forges, the latter have prelates within their ranks with obvious Paladin abilities.

This could be the TBC way of 're-introducing' the classes to the opposite factions.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Can be glyphed, like spirit wolves to raptors. Ta-dah!

Why do you assume people would use this mog and not the heritage armor? Or the other troll armor, like from Zandalar questing experience?
    1. Not gonna happen since there wasnt a glyph for Tauren, ta-dah!

2. Because not everybody will use the heritage armor, and usually tier set stick with class fantasy, beside heritage armor there is nothing good looking on zandalari paladin, nor tauren paladin because suffer the same problem.

- - - Updated - - -

OMGAD SO MUCH PRELATE LOOK AT IT

"Hey mon want some blessing?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Umm, no, I am not. Taunka are the bison-tauren in Northrend. If you do questing there on the Horde side, you would find out that Taunka Shaman enslave the elements to do their bidding, and Taunka Shaman you talk to are proud of the fact.

Yaungol also enslave the elements, but to a much lesser extent then the Taunka - The Yaungol primarily deal with Fire elementals, and occaisonally earth, with little contact with Air and Water. (Part of the Yaungol background lore you find out through the Lorewalkers)

Also, Ragnaros hasn't been in Blackrock Mountain for DECADES, and there were plenty of fire elementals who weren't banished. The Dark Iron still need Fire Elementals to stoke their forges to properly smelt Dark Iron ore. Do you think that a hardy, grudge-carrying race like the Dark Iron would just LET the leftover fire elementals return to the Firelands? I think not myself. So that's a good period of time for Dark Iron's to learn Shamanism, even if it's only related to the element of fire. Whats more, as part of the Alliance, they have had other shamans to work with since then.
    Hm I look it up and I guess youre right, maybe they will add shaman to dark iron dwarfs but it's not yet implemented because they need to discuss the class fantasy fitting the race

https://i.imgur.com/0A47idr.jpg

OMGAD SO MUCH PRELATE LOOK AT IT

https://i.imgur.com/qnn20Yn.jpg

"Hey mon want some blessing?"
    Considering there's a high possibility that the first raid of BfA is going to be a troll-based instance, I'm pretty sure the paladin set might look very troll-based. All of the tier sets, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Sounds great! Like the Cata Garrosh orc ones.
    Yeah, exactly. Would be cool to have a more iron-willed(no pun intended) race on the Alliance side of things.

I think they should make Dark iron Shamans and Zandalari Paladins.

1) An argument can be made for both, either way.

2) People obviously want to play these class/race combos

3) What real purpose is served by not having them?

I could see if it was an Undead Druid we were talking about, then I would say that it really doesn't fit the lore. That's not the case though, a good argument can be made for both of those combos.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You could also say that Death Knights are nothing else than Warlocks in a plate and you would be horribly wrong. Read below.

Paladins don't have in their name spells "of the Loa" and I think that's a difference that takes them away from the completely holy path. Check it out, "This is the call of the paladin: to protect the weak, to bring justice to the unjust, and to vanquish evil from the darkest corners of the world." Zandalari trolls - I am not sure they are all about justice to the unjust and vanquishing evil from the darkest corners of the world when those Prelates were on the evil side, fighting for the evil side and that's just an example.

Taurens are rather noble, Zandalari (or just) trolls are not. And yeah, that's the thing "close enough to work". With Zandalari trolls, they aren't close enough.

The way these guys are putting it, orc just has to cast anything that is light and voila, Orc paladins exist with all their horror and all their glory.

What? Don't tell me that you did not notice such behavior in game design.
    Oh, this post is calling to me. It's so wrong and opinionated, I couldn't resist.

So, to understand you correctly, the Zandalari Prelates abilities are labeled in-game and in database as Holy Magic spells. But in your headcanon, you feel that because it says "...of the Loa" that somehow makes them... not Holy? Are you aware that's purely some shit you made up? The spells are labeled as Holy magic, therefore they are Holy. Your mental gymnastics count for nothing here.

Trolls have the potential to be far more noble than Tauren. But I'm going to guess you're one of those that think all Trolls are just jungle-stalkers walking around with spears and loin-cloths. The Zandalari built a city of pure gold, dude. They stand upright and proud. And you think they're not noble creatures? They have NOBILITY, for crying out loud. You couldn't be more wrong here.

Orcs casting Holy and voila? Really? You're going to pretend that's all we're saying? You're going to dumb it down to "hur durr Holy voila" and that's all you've taken away from what we're saying? Wow. If anything, that reflects on your narrow perspective and stubbornness to realize you're wrong. Also, stop being facetious. We're not asking for Orc Paladins. Do you see Orc Priests anywhere? No. Your hyperbole only reinforces how shallow your perspective is.

If you seek to disperse the Zandalari Paladin movement, you're going to have to do A LOT better than that. You're basically just making it up as you go along, while we have very convincing evidence that they do exist, and they should be playable.

EDIT: My apologies to OP and others. I'm aware this isn't a thread for this discussion. Any further commentary I have on the matter will take place in the appropriate thread. Thanks!
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-02-20 at 08:38 PM.

https://i.imgur.com/nK3WyS7.png

so because a piece of armor you think doesn't look right on a Zandalari that means no to that race/class combo?

Like, even though we've had Dwarf Shaman wearing tribal Orc beads and frost wolf pelts and troll voodoo masks for their tier sets?
    Or undead monks meditating and refilling the chi life energy of himself and allies, and worshipping Yu'lon?

We already have class combos a lot more bizarre than Zandalari Paladin. You just keep thinking Zandalari are anything like jungle trolls. Why do you think this? Because they look similar? Zandalari and Darkspear are as similar as night elf and blood elf.

Arguing other class combinations is not helping this discussion on Dark Iron Shaman, no matter how passionate you are about them. I am an incredibly strong supporter of Zandalari Paladins, but this is not the place to discuss that. Same goes for all the other class/race combinations.

I believe that DI Shaman would fit well. All of the Blackrock and Twilight's Hammer lore show that they can indeed by Shaman, so I have no issue against it. Even though it would be clear that lore-wise they would all be elemental using lava magic, I see no issue with this, especially since Void elves got Priest exclusively so they could lore-wise use spriest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    So in the forums everybody is talking about Zandalari Paladins... let's not forget about dark iron shamans.

Having a dwarf race with eyes of fire and that have lived a long time with neighbours such as Ragnaros and his earth and fire creatures, it would be a very sad and missed opportunity to neglect this option as well.

Honestly I am looking forward to roll both Zandalari paladin and Dark Iron Shaman... I was sad when i noticed that Blizzard's original plan didn't include these options, but instead sticking into the original classic alliance paladin vs. horde shaman... Which today doesn't make much sense anyway, as they are allowed in both factions since the BC xpac.

Hope for the sake of diversity (and because WoW Lore allows both anyway) and as there are so few options for horde paladins and alliance shamans that blizzard reconsiders this.

PS: Let's focus in Dark Iron Shamans instead of Zandalari Paladins, please. We have enough Zandalari paladin posts already.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9319/houn...bmar#abilities
    bloodlust
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=8983/gole...mach#abilities
    chain lightning, lightning shield, shock
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9019/empe...ssan#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9437/dark...falk#abilities
    shock, lightning bolt

btw if you wanted proof of dark iron shamans

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Zandalari Paladins exist in-game already, are there any instances of Dark Iron Shaman?
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9319/houn...bmar#abilities
    bloodlust
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=8983/gole...mach#abilities
    chain lightning, lightning shield, shock
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9019/empe...ssan#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9437/dark...falk#abilities
    shock, lightning bolt
    yes, a few, what i could find just in the dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I understand that you have no idea what are paladins about. Paladins are not just about Holy. No race and no class is that simple made as much as you think it is. Not sure why the fuck am I explaining to you but here. Tell me, why we don't have witch doctors? Same reason we don't have Prelates. Even if you are going to have something like Prelates, it's rather going to be priests and warriors and guess what? That's exactly what are you getting in BFA with Zandalari trolls. Did you even consider that they are called Prelates for a reason and not paladins?

There is no Zandalari Paladin movement. There are only Prelates and they are not paladins. All we have is a trash mobs. I don't have convincing evidence that they exists. I have evidence where people just wanting things without any common sense.

Made up shit and shallow perspective, got it m8. My suggestion, read and read 10 times if you have to before you get to proper understanding. Every thread is for a discussion and stop pretending being nice when you aren't.
    Actually, Paladins are about Holy magic. Was that an attempt to sound knowledgable? It backfired, fyi. It actually is that simple. Last time I played my Paladin, all of his spells and abilities were focused around the Light and Holy magic. So uh... wrong again, Waterboy.

What does a Witch Doctor have to do with... any of this? Are you making a point here or deflecting? I'm going with deflecting.

You don't know much about Paladins, it seems. If a Prelate isn't a Paladin, please explain to me why my Lightforged Draenei Paladin has the "Prelate" title. I think you're wrong again, my dude. And before you get trigger-happy, I'm not interested in Google's definition of the word "prelate". Don't bother with that shit.

I actually did consider why they aren't named Paladins. I concluded that the word must not be within the Troll's vocabulary or native language. In their culture, they called such a Light-wielding warrior a Prelate. I wouldn't be surprised if you hadn't considered that, your view seems pretty small.

And yes there is a Zandalari Paladin movement. Just look at all the people wanting/asking for it. Zandalari Prelates are in game, and they do exist. Your denial about that is irrelevant, and insignificant. I can't help you in that department. But they do exist. Would you like a link to their abilities and a screenshot for reference? I'll happily provide you with one.

I'm not pretending to be nice. Are you trying to change the subject again? You're pretty awful at redirecting, I must say.

You've literally made shit up, and I can point it out and cite why you're wrong. If you're interested in being humiliated further, I'd be happy to oblige you.

What are Paladins if they are not knights? They are Priests clad in plate armor that wield weapons. They use the Light to smite their foes through melee combat and defensive tactics. The fuck does a "knight" have to do with anything? I feel like someone here doesn't even know how Paladins began. Yikes.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-02-20 at 09:41 PM.

no, they are not casting paladin spells.
    While you are technically correct, you also have to be willfully obtuse to think these aren't paladin abilities. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zan...late#abilities

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    Sure, try to "enslave" elementals when their elemental lord could blast the whole mountain in an instant
    the most famous example is the two dark shaman bosses in SoO raid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Dark shamans are also wildly despised, especially by other shamans, exactly because they enslave the elements. The dark shamans basically undo all the work shamans do toward mediating the elements.

- - - Updated - - -

Priests can't wield shields, and what armor the NPC has looks more like plate than anything else.
    He wasn't asking if they are beloved or hated, warlocks (in vanilla at least) in stormwind were flat out banned from even existing in kingdom, yet u can play as one because of 'shady business at mage quart' (sounds funny when u ask him and he tells u that warlock is banned, while ur voidwalker is next to u)
    loved or hated, they exist, and dark iron shamans can be same category, or as someone else pointed out, a goblin was even negotiating with elements for work, instead of ask or enslave, he bribed them (and even schemed them)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Wasn't there a quest in Cataclysm where a goblin shaman didn't ask or enslave, but negotiated a contract with one and beat another into submission (with the player's help)?
    yes there was, he starts i think in deepholm, and in twilight highlands asks for ur help because he schemed an elemental if i remember right and that elemental wants revenge
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

5+ Year Old Account
    Sunwalker as paladin are an abomination.
    Listen here little man, don't be dissing on my boy Dezco.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Warcraft was based on Warhammer early so why not.
    3. Sunwalker infact makes no sense as Paladin, also people seems to not play them as paladin guess why.
    2.warcraft 'idea' was supposed to be warhammer, was refused, so they went on their own, even wc1 is not considered a warhammer game, so unrelated
    3. sunwalkers were presented to us in game as 'sun druids', with only 'paladin gameplay purpose, but lore are 100% druids', as blizz said, then blizz shit on their own lore and fucked it and put the 'sun druids' in paladin class hall, doing paladin class quests, riding paladin fucking class mounts, so while blizz did twist it at start and claimed that lore they are still druids just for gameplay they are paladins, blizz themselves fucked that point later so as usual fuck lore for gameplay

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    as a lore expert.. dark iron dwarves never learned the way of the elemental warrior. their cultural ways, architecture and beliefs although evolved from the dwarves we know today but had distinguished themselves a few hundred years after the sundering
    troll druids say hi, they literally were 'born' in cata events not a single day prior, so the idea that u need to have culture around it - as usual - blizz fucked it for the rule of 'kool' and gave us troll druids
    u can even talk to npc in-game and she will tell u that, they were 'approached' by 'loa' and became druids in couple of days, fuck lore, fuck the fact that Malfurion had to spent years training and that taurens spent years and became only proto-druid, trolls become druids because a loa said so
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Why couldn't dark iron dwarves be shamans? Do they have some sort of a race wide religiony/cultural reason why they couldn't be one or are they very different physically from normal dwarves?

I also don't quite get the reasoning of "x member of race Y used flame shock / holy light hence he is a shaman/paladin". The npcs in the game are not bound by classes, just by rules of the world itself i.e Anduin using a sword yet being considered a priest. What i think matters more is the story surrounding the specific sects of zandalari and dark irons. I don't think it would be impossible to think about a dark iron shaman or zandalari paladin in the terms of the universe but i don't think all of the zandalari and dark iron dwarves join the 2 factions.