Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Any Conclusions From This Interesting Fact About WoW?

The Fact:
    There is no in-game activity at max level that everyone does in WoW to pass the time. Everyone plays the game differently and the MMO genre is formed by several "niche communities"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think there is conclusions to be taken from this.
    Like:
    -MMO's are formed by several "niche communities" and everyone is playing the game differently
    -No activity is more important than the other
    -That is not right to make one activity more rewarding than all the others just to try and make people do it. You will only end up making people do something they don't like and "be there" for the wrong reasons.
    -Every "niche" should be equally important and should have it's own progression system as well as rewards

Maybe the solution for MMO's is to create more "niche communities" instead of trying to "push" people into doing one activity?

For example, in Legion Blizzard created Mythic + dungeons, which successfully created a new "niche community"
    In BfA we will have "Islands" and "Battlefronts" which will create new communities (if everything goes well)

I guess what im trying to say is:
    There is no point in trying to make content that everyone will enjoy because thats never going to happen.
    It's better to try and make content for several niche communities.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-02-21 at 06:40 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    FACT: Everyone who plays WoW, creates an character in WoW.

Blizzard should power up their character creation tool. Is the future. Transmog is the endgame.

So you had to create your thread again because you didn't like the answers? And to make this short: No, this is not a fact, you're wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    So you had to create your thread again because you didn't like the answers? And to make this short: No, this is not a fact, you're wrong.
    WHAT? I'm wrong?
    I dont mind being wrong, but plz tell me why

Name one thing everyone does in wow. PvE, PvP, not pve nor pvp, roleplay, anything.
    There is nothing everyone does in the MMO genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    WHAT? I'm wrong?
    I dont mind being wrong, but plz tell me why

Name one thing everyone does in wow. PvE, PvP, not pve nor pvp, roleplay, anything.
    There is nothing everyone does in the MMO genre.
    You were given dozens of examples.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...NE-Does-in-WoW

(here the original OP before he deleted it)

I challenge you to name one activity that everyone in WoW does I think there is none

Like:
    -MMO's are formed by several "niche communities"
    -That is not right to make one activity more rewarding than all the others just to try and make people do it. You will only end up making people do something they don't like and "be there" for the wrong reasons.
    -Every "niche" should be equally important and should have a progression system as well as rewards

Maybe the solution for MMO's is to create more "niche communities" instead of trying to "push" people into doing one activity?

Thoughts?

Deleted
    You were given dozens of examples.
    "Log in" and "making a character" is not an activity you do ingame...plz
    I dont think you are understanding me.

"Log in" and "making a character" is not an activity you do ingame...plz
    I dont think you are understanding me.
    Everybody levels, everybody quests, everybody loots, everybody kills mobs, everybody farms, everybody collects currencies, everybody gets reputation.

Yes, raiding is a niche, pvp is a niche, pet battles are niche, doesn't defeat the fact that most activities are shared among all players.

One of my favorite aspects of Blade and Soul was the hybrid between fun PVE and fun PVP.

It had a staggering myriad of issues, but it gave me a game where the PVE and PVP was equally enjoyable and both were very rewarding and contributed to my characters progression. I think it would have been a lesser game (to me IMO) had it only had one or the other.

I liked that I could log in and focus on one specific activity to improve my character, or to prevent burnout could supplement my time with other rewarding activities:

• PVP
    • Tower of Infinity
    • Full dailies
    • Dungeons
    • Raids
    • Mushins

I can cycle between a handful of content forms to get my challenge/reward fix and they're all good and meaningful.

I'm not sure I'd be happy if I had to play a different game for each niche I like to participate in, but it's an interesting viewpoint for sure.

Deleted
    PvE is being done by everyone, unless your main is still level 1.

Deleted
    Everybody levels, everybody quests, everybody loots, everybody kills mobs, everybody farms, everybody collects currencies, everybody gets reputation.

Yes, raiding is a niche, pvp is a niche, pet battles are niche, doesn't defeat the fact that most activities are shared among all players.
    Plz man, you are just being that smartass kid in school at this point.
    I mean activities like "stuff you do to have fun" or "the reason why you play the game" or "ways to have fun ingame"
    A well defined activity.
    Not even everyone does leveling. There is a character boost.
    Sure everyone levels from 100 to 110 but thats only because is mandatory.

You know exactly what i mean.

Not everyone plays the same "game" as you.

Plz man, you are just being that smartass kid in school at this point.
    I mean activities like "stuff you do to have fun" or "the reason why you play the game" or "ways to have fun ingame"
    A well defined activity.
    Not even everyone does leveling. There is a character boost.
    Sure everyone levels from 100 to 110 but thats only because is mandatory.

You know exactly what i mean.

Not everyone plays the same "game" as you.
    The smartass here is you. You pose a question, confront us with your answer and tell everyone who disagrees he's wrong. Oh the irony.

Everyone's levelled up their character, that's an activity of sorts, no?

Deleted
    The smartass here is you. You pose a question, confront us with your answer and tell everyone who disagrees he's wrong. Oh the irony.
    What if i rephrase it?
    There is no in-game activity at max level that everyone does in WoW to pass the time.

Are we clear now? I'm trying to have a nice conversattion about MMO's in general and you are just harassing me

What if i rephrase it?
    There is no in-game activity at max level that everyone does in WoW to pass the time.

Are we clear now? I'm trying to have a nice conversattion about MMO's in general and you are just harassing me
    Well you'd get all the same answers minus levelling, obviously, and you would still tell everyone that it "doesn't count", lel.

You're not trying to have a conversation, you disregard all the opposing arguments you've been told.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I want more fun stuff like the Plants vs Zombies quest, or the farm in MoP, or even the garrisons (but with more player involvement than just sending units to missions)... Rading/dungeons and PVP have kinda lost their appeal to me... I want more stuff to do in the world, and more diverse activities than just the same world quests every day.
    And yes, they should be rewarding, not only with cosmetic items but with actual powerful items, so that you can progress your character by doing what you like not just raiding or pvp

Let me try this again after my previous fail I was hoping for a more intellectual and deep conversation about this fact.
    The funny part is that this thread is going to be forgotten unlike the previous one xD lol
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FACT: There is no in-game activity at max level that everyone does in WoW to pass the time. Everyone plays the game differently and the MMO genre is formed by several "niche communities"
    Like:
    -MMO's are formed by several "niche communities" and everyone is playing the game differently
    -Every "niche" should be equally important and should have a progression system as well as rewards
    1) Of course everyone can play slightly different but the core of the game has always been PvE.
    2) Although subjective, in my opinion, PvE is the most important part of the game and the rest are all side activities making them not as important.
    3) As stated before, WoW was made as a PvE game. Other activities have been added, but it is still a PvE game so it is perfectly fine that PvE is more rewarding. Which activity do you feel is not rewarded?
    4) Which "niche" activity are you referring to that does not have any progression? That would clarify your post a bit if we know what activity was not rewarded. I like to fly circles in Dalaran, but I also understand that I will not get rewarded for it.

TLDR: It would be much easier to have this conversation if we knew what your beef was. As is, it is way to open ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what you want out of this thread. The "fact" is correct....everyone plays for different reasons and do different things. As far as "niche" communities.....you mean like "Oh I'm a member of the flower picking niche...give me awesome rewards for picking flowers"? No...absolutely not. You pick flowers, make potions, skin critters and sew their hides together.....that's part of the game. Now, you go into a mythic raid and kill bosses for rewards as opposed to Joe Blow who picked 300 daisies, damn right you deserve better rewards. I just don't get why you can't see this and want to argue with anyone who questions you.

You should not become a politician. Or a lawyer.

So... I can just make up a bullshit poll and then make more bullshit threads about it?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I don't understand what you want out of this thread. The "fact" is correct....everyone plays for different reasons and do different things. As far as "niche" communities.....you mean like "Oh I'm a member of the flower picking niche...give me awesome rewards for picking flowers"? No...absolutely not. You pick flowers, make potions, skin critters and sew their hides together.....that's part of the game. Now, you go into a mythic raid and kill bosses for rewards as opposed to Joe Blow who picked 300 daisies, damn right you deserve better rewards. I just don't get why you can't see this and want to argue with anyone who questions you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumideta View Post
    4) Which "niche" activity are you referring to that does not have any progression? That would clarify your post a bit if we know what activity was not rewarded. I like to fly circles in Dalaran, but I also understand that I will not get rewarded for it.

TLDR: It would be much easier to have this conversation if we knew what your beef was. As is, it is way to open ended.
    I mean Blizzard could create more "niche communities" with some imagination and "roleplay RPG" in mind.
    For example create a faction with reputation to grind but give it a lot of "roleplay value"
    Like a "pirate faction".
    With a hearthstone to their HQ, an auction house, unique daily quests and severe repercussions for being friendly with them.
    You could actually become a pirate and become hated by the whole community. (i know this sounds familiar but is not done to the extreme with the Blodsail Buccaneers)

Or like you said, create a "flower picking" community and give them rewards for it
    Your example of flower picking is a bit extreme and trivial but if such a community exists (i doubt) they could create a faction for it.

Or in my case (a personal dream of mine) create a "World PvP" faction with daily quests for killing other players and rewards for it.

Basically create more niche communities with "RPG roleplay" value.

But this are my conclusions. I wanted to hear yours If there is any conclusion to take from this
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-02-20 at 08:24 PM.