The WoW before wow

DARK AGE OF CAMELOT! the wow before wow. This game does not get nearly as much love and attention as it deseverd I know some of you older guys played this game. 3 different factions each faction had their own races AND classes. People complain about raid trash now? I remember in the first xpac( something isles) there was the main raid that would take 6-8 hours to get through and the final boss was HARDLY ever even killed. You could start the raid leave go do groceries some errands mow the grass log back in and your guild would still be in there.
    Trash was harder to kill than current wow bosses. It really saddens me that ever completely forgot about this game when wow came out. It really is a shame if you ever get the chance look it up, give it a try, it's dated now. But the massive PvP fields and sieges where 10x better than anything wow has done with their PvP. I need some love from my fellow daoc players don't let the memory of the original groundbreaking mmo dissappear

Deleted
    Pretty sure the game you're looking for is EverQuest.

Na daoc was the killer of everquest just like wow killed daoc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Na daoc was the killer of everquest just like wow killed daoc
    Nonsense. EverQuest subscribers rose throughout DaoC's lifespan all the way until WoW offed both of them. DaoC was just a marginal little side game between EQ and WoW.

The only reason everq uest subs would have marginally come back was because trials of Atlanta's was largely hated until they released the classic servers

Deleted
    Also, pretty sure WoW copied EQ, and a whole bunch of EQ developers were hired by Blizzard, so obviously the "WoW before WoW" is EQ. I think we're done here.

So basicly your saying that EQ was dead.... everyone left to go make a different game. Doac killed eq end of story

I wanted to say "Except EQ is still going" but I just checked; DAoC is still going too which surprised me.

Deleted
    So basicly your saying that EQ was dead....
    Yeah, because of WoW.
    everyone left to go make a different game.
    Yeah. WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, because of WoW.
    Yeah. WoW.
    Wow youre thick. How could wow kill eq if it was already dying and the devs left to go make wow. Wow wasn't even out sooo your logic is flawed

Deleted
    How could wow kill eq
    It did.
    if it was already dying
    Because of WoW.
    and the devs left to go make wow
    They did.

I'm glad we agree. And on that bombshell, I think we should end it here. I will, anyways. Have a nice day.

We don't agree because your wrong. Eq was raped and murdered by daoc. Devs didn't like being raped and playing a dead game. Left dead game to make new game to rape game that raped old game. Daoc=eq killer. Sydnyo=mad troll cause eq was killed by daoc. Daoc wins

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    as a nearly 6 years game designer.. that game was a disgrace
    Says the "game designer" who makes mobile games from his macbook

Aren't all 3 games still currently running so nothing killed anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Aren't all 3 games still currently running so nothing killed anything?
    Zombies!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Pretty sure the game you're looking for is EverQuest.
    I think you meant Ultima Online.

Closing this down as discussion has gone nowhere pretty fast. Posting a thread and then simply telling everyone who disagrees that "no, you're wrong" doesn't allow for any actual discussion in the thread and devolves into bickering and spam.