Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    87k? I don't get it... with that kind of money you can fly first class to anywhere in the world and have a surgery, a honeymoon, a shopping spree, and still have some money left. Why use the american system at all?
    Because a lot of vested interest can make money of being rentiers (that's economist speak for parasite).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Yeah but we have to vote for republicans because SJWS SJWS SJWS IF YOU SAY ANYTHING PRO DEMOCRACY OR PRO in favor of humanity as a whole YOUR AN SJW OH MY GOD UR IN FAVOR OF PEOPLE LIVING OUTSIDE ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE DEFINED BY a skin tone! SJW!!
    You do get though that you can't combine single payer healthcare with free immigration right?
    Dem's need to pick one, can't (afford) both.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Would be a bit too late if it was serious enough that you wasn't in a condition to move.
    I’m imaging a progressive illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    you're off by a few thousand.

$17,000 is how much it cost.
    Looks like $17.850 in the title. OP had one job and couldn't do it right. lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    That's how they do it in just about every country other than America.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

That reads seventeen thousand eight hundred and fifty.

Your ignorance is astounding atm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    He is picking on the weird foreigner who uses number punctuation differently.
    I wouldn't call it "picking on".

That's how they do it in just about every country other than America.
    Not his fault that everyone else does it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

Your exaggeration is pretty "astounding", too. It's an English board talking about US currency. $17.850 reads as seventeen dollars and 85 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I wouldn't call it "picking on".

Not his fault that everyone else does it wrong.

Your exaggeration is pretty "astounding", too. It's an English board talking about US currency. $17.850 reads as seventeen dollars and 85 cents.

Since when does US currency use 3 decimals for cents?

Let's be real, if you saw something advertised at $17.850 that wasn't gas, you'd have the brains to realize it *might* read $17,850 instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since when does US currency use 3 decimals for cents?
    Admittedly, rarely. But a period is a decimal point, not a comma.

Let's be real, if you saw something advertised at $17.850 that wasn't gas, you'd have the brains to realize it *might* read $17,850 instead.
    If it was in the US, I'd think the author was an imbecile. In fact, the author could be forced to sell it at that ~$17 mark under false advertising laws.

Not in America it doesn't. Who's the ignorant one now? Then why did he use the dollar sign but a different format? Way to get upset over a little joke, jeez.

If it was in the US, I'd think the author was an imbecile. In fact, the author could be forced to sell it at that ~$17 mark under false advertising laws.
    Nah. That law has a cap, iirc, and wouldn't apply if it's a valid way of writing it somewhere / it's widely known to be the intended price. You couldn't get a car for that price because you thought "geez 17.85 what a steal!".

It's worth noting that the article used a comma, while OP (who is non-american) used a period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Admittedly, rarely. But a period is a decimal point, not a comma.
    For the US. Now consider the fact you are on a forum that has international users.

I mean all you had to do was read the first paragraph to see.

After Elizabeth Moreno had back surgery in late 2015, her surgeon prescribed an opioid painkiller and a follow-up drug test that seemed routine -- until the lab slapped her with a bill for $17,850.
    - - - Updated - - -

Not in America it doesn't. Who's the ignorant one now? Then why did he use the dollar sign but a different format? Way to get upset over a little joke, jeez.

And is the op from America?

Still not me as I can see not every country uses the same symbols, Nor did I try and make a stupid joke trying to insult someone for using the "wrong" marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Who is defending rip off medics and a broken insurance system?
    Same people who think that anything to do with social guaranties means the commies are coming and obviously those who profit from it.

For the US. Now consider the fact you are on a forum that has international users.

- - - Updated - - -

And is the op from America?

Still not me as I can see not every country uses the same symbols, Nor did I try and make a stupid joke trying to insult someone for using the "wrong" marks.
    They used a dollar so we can assume it was a typo. Sorry for making a fucking joke lol this shit made my day!

7+ Year Old Account
    It's worth noting that the article used a comma, while OP (who is non-american) used a period.
    Valid point(s). Admittedly, I didn't read the entire thing. I just wanted to see who pointed out the error and who threw a fit over it. I wasn't disappointed.

For the US.
    In virtually all contexts, a comma acts a break in a continuing statement. A period denotes the end of a statement. That this concept is reversed in many countries for currency is an anomalous exception, not the rule. So while it would be "ignorant" to not make the distinction while in a European country or discussing European currency, calling an American "ignorant" for not making the distinction, especially in the context of US currency, is just being cunty.

10+ Year Old Account
    They used a dollar so we can assume it was a typo. Sorry for making a fucking joke lol this shit made my day!

Dollar sign is universal for the dollar no matter the country. The dollar is the US's currency.

Decimal points are going to depend on where you come from as they are different depending on country.

If it was a joke why not say so when the first person said something?

Considering my medical treatments monthly costs 50k (yes, 50,000 USD a month) and my insurance pays 99% of it (thank god) crap like this really doesn't surprise me. The cost in medical industry in the states is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valid point(s). Admittedly, I didn't read the entire thing. I just wanted to see who pointed out the error and who threw a fit over it. I wasn't disappointed.

In virtually all contexts, a comma acts a break in a continuing statement. A period denotes the end of a statement. That this concept is reversed in many countries for currency is an anomalous exception, not the rule. So while it would be "ignorant" to not make the distinction while in a European country or discussing European currency, calling an American "ignorant" for not making the distinction, especially in the context of US currency, is just being cunty.

You do understand we are on a international forum with many posters from the EU? Wouldn't it have been better to ask instead of trying to insult someone because they got it different from how we do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Literally every thread I see you comment in is just you bashing trump.. good lord you must be bored.
    Literally sounds like it bothers you. And that in turn literally sounds like you are in need of a safe space. PC and safe spaces are over, your lord said so himself.

#bootstrap
    #thickerskin

Etc you know.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-02-21 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    You do understand we are on a international forum with many posters from the EU? Wouldn't it have been better to ask instead of trying to insult someone because they got it different from how we do it?
    Of course I understand. But one could easily make the same argument on the flip side and call the OP ignorant. It's a bit ironic to call someone ignorant for making an accurate correction.