Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm talking about what is and what's not.

Playable paladins are actually a lot of different things, the mechanism by which they actually wield the light according to the lore is different for each race. So there's nothing ambiguous in-game about what a playable Paladin is, it's a plate wearing warrior that wields Holy Magic.

However, a Shaman is not just some ambiguous class that uses lightning bolt and such. They are spirit guides to their people who mediate between the elements and can call upon their aid to deal damage and heal.

See the problem is you're just arguing your head cannon and cherry picking whatever you can find to "prove" your point, and all angry and shit up in here when you keep getting shut down, and myself and most of the others in here are just discussing the lore.

If you stopped being such a edgelord and were trying to actually have a discussion instead of trying to force your opinion that'd be fine, but you're not doing that. You're acting like a toddler that got denied your fruity pebbles and were forced to eat oatmeal or some shit.
    except you go off the state of zandalari paladins being a thing because 1 mob has 3 light spells
    but then say dark iron shaman cant exist because those 3 mobs that have 1, 2, and 3 literaly shaman spells "dont count"

Sir i hope you someday get better, as this seems to be the most twisted logic i can find on this website. I wish you good health and a good life, but for now im going to put you on ignore, because that is just sad, that it is on the level of Anti-vaccers "If it has to do with i want its fact, but even if its the exact same for something i dont want, its fake"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Technically the draenei weren't even on the planet when player Death Knights were created... yet it is a valid class/race combo. Blizzard is not always predictable.
    Incorrect.
    the DK intro quest is after TBC, between wotlk and TBC
    where he would have gotten the draenei bodies from? not quite sure, allthough they could exist, maybe ones brought from outland to be burried and were gathered.

but really most likely because it would be unfair to have every race BUT draenei as DKs

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except you go off the state of zandalari paladins being a thing because 1 mob has 3 light spells
    but then say dark iron shaman cant exist because those 3 mobs that have 1, 2, and 3 literaly shaman spells "dont count"
    Man is English your second language or something? You are misunderstanding basics here.

When we're talking about Zandalari Paladins being a thing we are talking about GAMEPLAY. The mobs pointed out here are as much Paladins as any playable character Pally that is not a Dwarf or Human.

Like you just don't get that we're saying that there is well established lore in the game for what would constitute a playable Zandalari Paladin, like you just cannot differentiate in your head between gameplay and lore.

For example: there is absolutely no Lore about Dark Iron Dwarves having a Shamanistic Culture. So no it does not make sense for them to be Shaman just because you see them using similar magic in some cases, and that's pretty much all there is to say about it. Like I said, it makes more sense than Draenei Shaman, but there just ain't nothing more to add to this discussion because you simply do not know the Lore but you keep arguing in circles like you do and this is really fucking stupid and boring and frankly you should be banned for trolling because all you and your pals are doing here is intentionally disrupting conversation.

I'm putting you on ignore now.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-02-20 at 09:54 PM.

Pretty sure they might also be leaving the race Open a little for an upcoming class restriction loosening in the xpac or 2 after BFA. They will
    Come eventually just not right now and by then you’ll be able to use gold to pay for services using BlizTokens

Deleted
    Technically the draenei weren't even on the planet when player Death Knights were created... yet it is a valid class/race combo. Blizzard is not always predictable.
    Wait weren't they? I think they were. I mean the attack on Hearthglen happened way after Draenei crashed on azeroth.

I mean it is a pretty big stretch, but it is possible timewise.

Anyways, if Tauren can become paladins, I dont see why zandalari trolls can't.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    I don't get why can't we ask for Zandalari Paladin and Spec Overlays.

Really nobody will give a fuck when your ZANDALARI PALADIN will charge with the palomino?
    When he will pop wings like a human angel?
    That human sword or hammer that drops on the target when judging?
    Or the human avatar with wing when using ancient king protector?
    Um... you are aware that Draenei, an alien race from another planet, also use Paladin spells, right? Like, way before Humans did. Thousands of years. All this "human" mumbo jumbo means, like, nothing at all.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-02-20 at 09:54 PM.

There are Zandalari paladin, and there are dark iron dwarf shamans
    or
    there are no zandalari paladin, and there are no dark iron dwarf shamans

you have to pick one, you cant simply go "No dark iron dwarf shamans, yes zandalari paladin"
    You don't have to pick one when that is not how lore works. A Dark Iron using fire spells that are similar to our shamans is just that - an NPC using fire abilities. There is more to being a Shaman than simply being able to use and manipulate fire magic. Paladins, on the other hand, are literally Holy Warriors and that is their lore.

Could that Dark Iron NPC be a Shaman? Yes he could. But as far as we know, Arcane magic users can also use fire and can summon elementals, so what we have is an ambiguous NPC. I mean honestly, Dark Irons have fire in their racial abilities. That is something inherrent to their nature, that they are literally imbued with the power of flame. We don't have a strong indication that they work with elementals in the same way as Shamans, but more akin to Warlocks. Even Gul'dan could corrupt and manipulate the elements.

Zandalari warriors using the light is not mutually exclusive to your dark iron NPC example. A Paladin is a holy warrior, and Zandalari are shown to have holy warriors. A Dark Iron has to show themselves using Shamanism beyond the simple use of fire magic, which is something Warlocks and Mages also do.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-02-20 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Actually the DK scenario is set AFTER TBC so..maybe..
    the DK intro quest is after TBC, between wotlk and TBC
    OK. Correction.

The creation of player death knights was moved to the then-present - despite the official reasoning for death knights throughout most of the development being that they are leftovers from the Third War.

My original point still remains: you can't trust Blizzard with their own lore.

Deleted
    OK. Correction.

The creation of player death knights was moved to the then-present - despite the official reasoning for death knights throughout most of the development being that they are leftovers from the Third War.

That original point then can be applied to the fact that blizzard CAN actually make zandalari paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You don't have to pick one when that is not how lore works. NPCs are not our classes, but they can be templates for what our classes could be. A Dark Iron using fire spells that are similar to our shamans is just that - and NPC using fire abilities. They would only be Shamans if they were using Shamanism, and we don't have definitive lore to support that.

Zandalari warriors using the light? We do have lore for that.
    except they use literal shaman spells
    bloodlust
    chain lightning
    lightning bolt
    and "shock" not a shaman spell, but electricty is used really only by shaman.

Oy vey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Um... you are aware that Draenei, an alien race from another planet, also use Paladin spells, right? Like, way before Humans did. Thousands of years. All this "human" mumbo jumbo means, like, nothing at all.
    but dranei meet the avatars of "light" that human worship...so..

Humans haven't really called to Naaru, though.

Between Zandalari paladin armor from Vanilla:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Freethinker
    And Zandalari paladins in TOT:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_Prelate
    Why are there people even arguing against this? Are they just arguing out of habit because they are argumentative people and this is MMO-Champ?

Followers of the Light worship no gods. So please cite that information if you're going to use it as a prop.

Draenei encounter the Naaru, yes, but humans do not prior to their creation of Paladins.

Why are you people here to discount Zandalari Paladins? You don't even have a basic understanding of how they came to be, yet you feel like you can come here and provide uneducated reasons as to why they can't exist? You're literally putting a mark on your face that says, "I don't know shit, but I wanna come here and be negative because... reasons..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    And Zandalari paladins in TOT:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zandalari_Prelate
    Why are there people even arguing against this? Are they just arguing out of habit because they are argumentative people and this is MMO-Champ?
    Jealousy is all that I can imagine. Why some people would be so vehemently against Zandalari having a Paladin class option is beyond my understanding. And I'd like to think I understand a lot of things.

My guess? I'm with you: it's MMO-Champ so SOMEONE is going to be triggered by something that's utterly harmless to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post

That is the finest Troll Paladin Looking 2018

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Nobody is discounting, but going "DERP THIS MOB IS A TROLL WITH RENAMED PALA SPELL = ZANDALARI PALA CONFIRMED" is Banana.

So why not asking for Gnome Paladin? Gnome Shaman? Tauren Rogue?

- - - Updated - - -

Nelf Paladin? You literally helped a Nelf Priest become a Paladin in Legion.

except they use literal shaman spells
    bloodlust
    chain lightning
    lightning bolt
    and "shock" not a shaman spell, but electricty is used really only by shaman.
    NPC Abilities break all sorts of rules and aren't bound by lore in the same way.

There's only one answer to whether they are shamans or not - Do they use Shamanism to source their powers. Everything else is just an ability.

The thing about Zandalari is that we see them being able to use the light and having warriors who use holy magic to fight. That is essentially the definition of a Paladin. That's what binds Sunwalkers as Paladins and not just a Priest or Warrior offshoot. Shamanism however is a broad concept, and we see Dark Shamans, Taunka using cruelty, and even Goblins bargaining with them. Dark Irons however have not shown any clear use of Shamanism.

Thaddius and Thrym, the flesh titans, also used Chain Lightning. So do Naz'jar Tempest Witches. Doesn't really make them Shamans. I'm highly doubtful that a Houndmaster NPC with Bloodlust, Demoralizing Shout and Pummel was a Shaman.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-02-20 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

1. Not gonna happen since there wasnt a glyph for Tauren, ta-dah!
    Never say never. especially now that Zandalari seems to be new Blizzard's darlings. Besides it's easier to come up with glyphs for Trolls than for Tauren. Trolls got lots of Loas in various shapes and forms. Tauren paladins are meant to be actually sun druids, this is where is a problem.

2. Because not everybody will use the heritage armor, and usually tier set stick with class fantasy, beside heritage armor there is nothing good looking on zandalari paladin, nor tauren paladin because suffer the same problem.

[IMGs]

OMGAD SO MUCH PRELATE LOOK AT IT

[IMGs]

"Hey mon want some blessing?"
    You realise that for mog you can use basically each plate piece? You're not restricted to only paladin ones, and even then you can still make some good combos.

I like those options :
    https://imgur.com/a/kyY64
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Currently what we know is these classes are beyond a shadow of a doubt going to happen:

Zandalari: Warrior, Hunter, Druid
    Dark Iron: Warrior, Hunter, Paladin

If they follow the trend they set with the currently released 4 allied races, each will have the same number of classes. Currently NB and VE have 7 Classes, the highest yet, so I propose these seven classes for each race:

Zandalari: Warrior, Hunter, Paladin, Shaman, Mage, Priest, Druid,
    Dark Iron: Warrior, Hunter, Paladin, Shaman, Mage, Rogue, Warlock, - Possibly Exchanging one for Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Humans haven't really called to Naaru, though.
    Not knowingly, but they did. Chronicle v1 pg 142

Following the Troll Wars, a number of human priests began having faint dreams and visions of angelic forms thrumming with living light. They did not know it, but they had actually managed to commune with the naaru in the Great Dark Beyond, and through this connection, the Holy Light was introduced to the early humans for the first time.

OT

It is a pity there are no Zandalarai paladins, I mean anyone can wield the light, or light like power, so using this power in an offensive manner shouldn't be too hard.

That is the finest Troll Paladin Looking 2018
    This is also a paladin set, so I guess in your mind this proves that Humans can't be paladins.