7+ Year Old Account

Thing that North Koreans have that Americans do Not

Many people have this idea that North Korea is a total shit hole with a dictatorial government that enjoys starving its population. The truth is that North Korea is not as bad as the American media make it seem, and many North Koreans enjoy privileges that American do not.

1.) In North Korea housing is free: "You cannot purchase apartments or houses. The government own all real estate, and give everyone rights to occupy a home, free of cost. There are no homeless people or beggary.

Good work performance also give you a better home and many free gifts, and the monetary salary (if it does really exist) is not so important. Cost of living is almost ZERO."

2.) North Koreans are not starving. It is a common misconception that North Koreans are always starving, but as of recent North Koreans are no longer in a famine; furthermore, the reason why North Koreans had a recent famine was due to sanctions imposed on the country by the United Stated. Many Americans fail to realize that imposing sanctions on a country mostly makes the average citizen suffer. Despite this, North Koreans have worked themselves out of famine.

Sure, North Koreans do not get paid nearly as much as Americans, but their cost of living is near zero. Housing, food, clothing, and medical care is free to North Korean workers. In comparison, a American worker can work 40 hours on minimum wage and not be able to afford a basic single bedroom apartment along with food, clothing, and medical care. The housing, clothing, and food at not the greatest in the world, but the North Korean government provides the necessities for their people. There is no safety net like this in America. One bad accident can completely bankrupt a person in America, even basic housing is very expensive, and the quality of our food is known to influence obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.

Look I am not saying that North Korea is the crown jewel of the world. Their technology is vastly behind ours, and as a communist I realize that capitalism simply has a better drive for technological advancement. However, North Koreans have their basic needs met in whatever occupation they have as long as they show up for work. This is something US citizens cannot say. In the end, North Korea is not that terrible shit hole that Fox news would have you believe.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/17/o...ea-hunger.html

http://www.teoalida.com/world/northkorea/

In a brutal twist of irony, almost no North Koreans are free to read what the OP typed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free housing for the loss of your human rights? Not a trade I'm willing to make.

Would you would be willing to live under the Kim family for a free house and a job?

So now we are spouting north Korean propaganda!!! What's next? The Holodomor is not that bad? Kulaks deserved it?

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought the answer was going to be "dysentery".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Free housing for the loss of your human rights? Not a trade I'm willing to make.

Would you would be willing to live under the Kim family for a free house and a job?
    It's nanook. he'd go there in a heartbeat if they promised he could keep access to mmo to make inane threads about "living in the wilderness" with a blanket alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, keep drinking the Kool-Aid. NK is just as bad as most people think it is, and that's coming from someone who hates Fox News.

Also, I have offered to pay for the travel expenses for a one-way trip for the OP to go to any "communist" nation to live. I will even give spending money. The only condition is that the OP no longer post on these forums, and not return for ten years. He has yet to take me up on that offer.

Consider it a social experiment.

In an even MORE Brutal Twist of irony, not only can the North Koreans not read it, but they have to agree that North Koreans have better lives than Americans. Or they they'll get killed. D:

Deleted
    Yeah they get free housing and food, but that's all they get, ever ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont create threads to rile up the forum

closing