View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Well the EU has a fairly simple task should the UK be out of the customs union.
    The UK can't really start hiring like hell all kinds of profiles in all kind of industries just in case. That is if those people exist in the first place.
    Would be hilarious if the people to full the new positions cant be found in UK, to the be hired from EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    They may not be shit, but if they are in a strange weird local dialect when the world speaks English their audience will be tiny. Another non starting waste of EU taxpayers money. You can be sure Netflix won't be shaking in their boots over it.

No it isn't. It is a bunch of vocal minority EU supporting chummy adolescents happy back slapping each other whilst their beloved falls apart. It makes Brexiteers feel quite nauseous to watch, no wonder they as the mainly silent majority don't come here much.
    It was a 52-48 vote, which Brexiteers literally stated they'd call a re-vote for if it went remain's way. Not much of a majority, especially not since so many have died of old age since it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That's fine. There is no requirement to like Davis and the list of things he can be criticised for is rather long however to label a woman as a "retard" because she has different professional opinion of the man is not really constructive and does nothing to forward the debate.
    This isn't a debate for starters. I was pointing out that this women is obviously not being honest because if she'd been in close proximity to Davis she would know that there is something of the other in the humanoid that identifies as David Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain
    In fairness to Davis, although what he said was incredibly ill-thought out, the question he answered was in relation to a no-deal situation nor did he say the that it was worth squat, in fact he specifically mentions that the UK wishes to protect Ireland from the impact of Brexit and keep the peace process intact. Also he was correct when he said that the phase 1 agreement was not legally binding which is why the EU have asked for it to made legally binding.
    You should have stopped at "incredibly ill-thought out". Nothing else to be said, if he cared for Norn Iron then he wouldn't be a Brexiteer. If he cared for people at all he wouldn't be David Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain
    Yes, what he said was stupid and potentially damaging to the negotiation process but let's criticise him for what he has actually said and done not what someone, who heard from someone who read about what he had said or done on the internet, claims he said or did.
    I am criticising him for things he's said and done. No idea why you keep trying to bring this back to people being mean on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    French Cinema is producing a lot of movies and simply hilarious social comedies. And to tie this to Brexit perhaps it is time for people who truly want to be European to cast off this obsession with entertainment in the singular lingua franca and dust off the German, French, Spanish or whatever other EU language we all surely learned in high school and start consuming each others entertainment.
    I don't think language is the issue, but how some of these movies are profoundly tied to local culture, making them less marketable abroad.
    Here they dub every single movie, so access to European or American movies is equal across the board. But still, European movies do worse.

I know, they pretty much control Greek politics by having OPENLY spied on our politicians on a level that would make the Stasi proud.

But see you did not name a person. It was a legal entity. The human brain, especially in politics prefers to associate with people (in cults of personality) and maybe to a lesser degree with ideologies; it's truly rare that we extol institutions. We are social creatures but at the same time we love our vernacular pleasure and we seek to form smaller groups. A person lets us create such an association. An institution is much easier to see as evil because it is impersonal.
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Sommer

He was universally disliked throughout the nation. He was the main driver behind the design of the Telekom as an evil mega corp. If I ever meet him on the street, I'll tell him "This is absolutely worth 50 Euros in fines..." before giving him the hardest bitchslap humanity has ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong there are many who enter into politics for idealistic reasons who then find themselves either ground down by the system or not quite as talented as they thought.
    Yes, the first bit.. the grinding of talent through bureaucracy, that's the bit that we could and should improve on to combat political corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

They may not be shit, but if they are in a strange weird local dialect when the world speaks English their audience will be tiny. Another non starting waste of EU taxpayers money. You can be sure Netflix won't be shaking in their boots over it.

No it isn't. It is a bunch of vocal minority EU supporting chummy adolescents happy back slapping each other whilst their beloved falls apart. It makes Brexiteers feel quite nauseous to watch, no wonder they as the mainly silent majority don't come here much.
    The world doesn't speak English. Not even the majority of people speak English. English is a lingua franca, but certainly not the only language spoken. In Europe, especially, English is a minority.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    So when the EU is doing nothing against foreigners it's the EU destroying our culture and when the EU is trying to save movies produced here and spoken in local dialects it's the EU wasting EU taxpayers money? Poor EU, always doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    This isn't a debate for starters. I was pointing out that this women is obviously not being honest because if she'd been in close proximity to Davis she would know that there is something of the other in the humanoid that identifies as David Davis.

You should have stopped at "incredibly ill-thought out". Nothing else to be said, if he cared for Norn Iron then he wouldn't be a Brexiteer. If he cared for people at all he wouldn't be David Davis.

I am criticising him for things he's said and done. No idea why you keep trying to bring this back to people being mean on the internet.
    Why? Do you know anything about her other than she was quoted in a BBC article? To be honest I don't think that David Davis being a potential alien, or something, is a convincing reason to doubt her or what she said.

You are not criticising him for what he said simply because he did not say what you claimed. My point has nothing to do with being mean to people on the internet, although given the lack of maturity in your response I can see why you might want to fall back to such a simplistic position, I am simply pointing out that we cannot hold our politicians to account if we are not going to be honest about what they have said or done.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yes, improve the production quality! Building a new platform won't change the fact that those movies are shit. :P

Btw: Since this is about Brexit, see Brexiteers, this is how adults can talk about the EU doing silly things without ragequitting.
    They are arguing that increased interest channeled by a new platform would act as an incentive to produce more movies of better quality because the production budgets would be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They are arguing that increased interest channeled by a new platform would act as an incentive to produce more movies of better quality because the production budgets would be bigger.
    I don't see how production companies would increase the budget just because there is a new platform. If that was the case, they could sell their movies to Netflix. But right now, Netflix has little interest in investing in shit movies when people are more interested in binging good series/movies.

Apart from that, if that is the intention I could get behind it. I believe they are severely underestimating the lack of a will to invest more money into production value, though. Like massively underestimate it. It's not just CGI, it's also quality of location, props, extras, film equipment and proper editing/sound editing/musical score.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It was a 52-48 vote, which Brexiteers literally stated they'd call a re-vote for if it went remain's way. Not much of a majority, especially not since so many have died of old age since it happened.
    He believes that everyone that voted Labour want to leave the EU. Not that they voted Labour as a means to stop the Tories. Forgetting what FPTP forces on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Don't we have any kind of bilateral agreements that we could default to?. I'm thinking stuff that predates the accession of each member state.
    Some are still technically around, the sort of things that haven't been tidied up since the 1970s - Some of them specify West Germany and not Germany, so that might be an issue.

I think you are being VERY unfair to European TV series and movies. We have exceptional movies and many TV series at a very high standard being filmed around the EU. The issue is marketability, not quality.
    I agree for the most part.
    There is some good quality to be had, but accessability has much room for improvement.
    Verbal translation is (mostly) not the problem, German synchronisation of foreign movies demonstrates just what is possible with some dedication, but cultural peculiarities that aren't just present in speech but as part of the plot or as visual clues are harder to keep/make comprehensible for foreigners. Incidentially they are what makes movies and series interesting.
    Increasing cultural understanding between neighbours certainly is something the EU should promote.

We can use some more comedies for example, seeing as the UK is leaving and Brexit cannot tide us over forever.
    Dripples certainly is dedicated but his effords have been lacking lately.

Deleted
    No, in essence she does not have a crystal ball and recognises that a lot change with politics in the future; this is not unique to the UK - something so obvious should not need pointing out to you.
    Generally speaking, in international relations if a state agrees to something, that's not just for the remainder of that politicians term, it's indefinitely - she effectively said that any agreement with the UK has an expiration date measured in 5> years.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Generally speaking, in international relations if a state agrees to something, that's not just for the remainder of that politicians term, it's indefinitely - she effectively said that any agreement with the UK has an expiration date measured in 5> years.
    usuall any parliament is entitled to terminate agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    right but our current government is spineless.

theresa may said as such that the NHS might be something we allow the US to bid on in an FTA. that's disastrous.
    Isn't that what you wanted when you voted in favour of a Tory-lead EU exit? Whilst I strongly disagree with your assessment of UK politics I'm pretty sure you consider this to be the will of an overwhelming majority of population.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    No. That is not how it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    That may be true in a legal sense, in a practical sense however, that's not actually true - At least in the near term.
    Remember the furore about Trump and Article five - This was about NATO, an agreement that's almost older than trump, that's clearly past it's intended 'usage' - And literally everyone (but him) Was very, very, insistent that the word of the US government is binding.
    In a normal case, in a normal state, Once the ink is dry, that state has bound itself, for the foreseeable future to what was written.
    She wasn't saying that she doesn't trust British politicians, in a certain sense what she said was worse, she doesn't trust the British State.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2018-02-20 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    If Satan had invested into telecommunication companies, DT would be his prime love child at the stock market.
    Hahahahahaha.

You're insufficiently familiar with American and Canadian companies if you think that.

Up here, the union went on strike at one of our telephone companies. So the company blocked access to the union's website.

And that's just one instance of bullshit. I can find many more.
    Last edited by Masark; 2018-02-20 at 09:51 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Eh a sovereign government usually can unilaterally pull out of agreements. There will of course be consequences, some direct depending on the agreement and clearly indirect in that that state can no longer be considered trustworthy. But it can be done.
    That is true only for some agreements.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That is true only for some agreements.
    In the UK it is true for all agreements. The foundation of democracy from the mother of parliaments is that no current parliament can bind the hand of the next. Do you really think a Jacob Rees-Mogg led one will follow the policies of Theresa the appeaser?

http://sports.coral.co.uk/politics/u...r-6126818.html

Time for celebratory drinks me thinks as he pulls into the lead!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"