Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Women in Stockholm are fighting for their right not to be physically or sexually assaulted, women in New Dehli are fighting for their right not to be physically or sexually assaulted, women in the US are fighting for their right not to be physically or sexually assaulted. What's the differences in those three instances?

Saying that it doesn't matter that the rates are massively different is the single most idiotic thing I've read on here this month.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    If all these countries are so nice, why aren't massive floods of people immigrating *there*? Oh, that's because it's not that great there. You're pretty much talking out your ass like those celebrities who visit all the tourist locales in places like Haiti or Vietnam then come back preaching how beautiful and awesome everything is.

We have quite a few developers on our team that live in India. And, quite frequently, they are unavailable because they are without power... for days at a time. These are people who make enough money to not live in shanty-villages, and yet they go days at a time without power.
    There are people migrating there, both from their own countries and other countries. These cities are international, with people from around the world migrating to them.

You are just making yourself look ignorant. Par for the course for the conservative minded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post

Saying that it doesn't matter that the rates are massively different is the single most idiotic thing I've read on here this month.
    Of course it matters, but there will always be progress for the protection of their rights. Maybe you should travel to these cities someday?

Of course it matters, but there will always be progress for the protection of their rights. Maybe you should travel to these cities someday?
    Then why do you insist that women live the same way in Stockholm as in Delhi?

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    If all these countries are so nice, why aren't massive floods of people immigrating *there*? Oh, that's because it's not that great there. You're pretty much talking out your ass like those celebrities who visit all the tourist locales in places like Haiti or Vietnam then come back preaching how beautiful and awesome everything is.

We have quite a few developers on our team that live in India. And, quite frequently, they are unavailable because they are without power... for days at a time. These are people who make enough money to not live in shanty-villages, and yet they go days at a time without power.
    There are, what, a grand total of about 2-3 million refugees that entered Europe in the last few years? Supposedly there are around 20 million or so Bangladeshis illegally residing in India, though that number seems to come from one of their hard right politicians.

And obviously I never claimed India was some kind of paradise, just a place where people in some of the wealthier areas can have normal lives that Westerners might recognize. I mean, do you really think that people there spend their entire lives bitching and moaning about how bad they have it and dreaming of migrating to Europe to leech off the welfare system?
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2018-02-20 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Only the trump-tards are anti-immigrant.
    It's because of people like you that Trump is president.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then why do you insist that women live the same way in Stockholm as in Delhi?
    Because you could walk up to a random woman in Stockholm and they would, with the same voracity as a woman in New Delhi, speak about the injustices against women and the fight for progress to protect their rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's like that on pretty much any forum or social media site of any size on the internet, unless the mods outright ban those accounts.

Almost like there's a farm somewhere organising the whole thing.
    The infux here was so sudden I wouldn't be surprised if many of the posters are the same person. The bit that matters is that the powers that be seem to be indifferent at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Neil Degrasse Tyson said the reason why this stopped was due to religion. Hhamid Al-Ghazali said mathematics is the work of the devil. As we can see from wikipedia, it says " His religious apologetic work Tahāfut al-Falāsifa ("Incoherence of the Philosophers") favors Muslim faith over philosophy and was extremely influential in turning medieval Muslim thought away from Aristotelianism, philosophical debate and theological speculation, leading to the eventual defeat of the rational Persian Mutazilite by the dogmatic Sunni Asharite school of theological belief".

Basically their religion brought about their fall and why today they are fanatically dangerous. While Europe and America is religious, just not as fanatic as the Islams.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistoria..._when_he_says/

Please stop generalizing. One man does not represent a religion, multiple countries and an ideology. This guy said one thing that maybe we interpret it right. It does not mean that all the other muslims listened to him and stopped doing math. In any societies there are many different views. The was this guy that we think said that math was bad and there was probably thousands other muslims who were saying that math was good.
    Are you really trying to bring down a whole religion because of what 1 man said? So because of 1 priest that raped a child we should discredit all Christians? From what I learned in my religious studies, Islam was very pro science that's why I can tell you that this man was unique. I also learned that it was the other way around in Christianity. Science was evil for them. They killed whoever claimed that the earth was not flat for centuries.

I brought up christianity in the conversation assuming that you are wise enough to respect it. My goal is to show you that you are forgiving for many bad aspects related to christians but you are unforgiving for anything that is related to Islam because you did not accept this religion like the other one. It is guaranteed you have been taught to be critic and on the info you're being presented. Yet you don't try to be critic on whatever is against Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It demonstrates that Islamic is not in fact mutually exclusive with a rationalised and scholastic worldview and that other factors should be considered as to its current state.
    Islam actually has a rich scholastic tradition. It should get back to that and make family and scholarly pursuits their focus, instead of what is going on now.

They need a real leader (like many things in this world). Right now they have a bunch of "religious scholars" that are just using it as a means to promote their own power.

They need to clean up their yard.

Because you could walk up to a random woman in Stockholm and they would, with the same voracity as a woman in New Delhi, speak about the injustices against women and the fight for progress to protect their rights.
    Know what's hilarious? That you think women in Delhi and women in Stockholm even have the same ideas of injustice carried out against women in the respective countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    It's because of people like you that Trump is president.
    Well, either that.... or all the ignorant voters who supported him.

Deleted
    Go to Stain Dennis in Paris and you will have your answer why we wait Immigrants

I'll take the loser perspective. I'm in my homecountry Norway, looking for work, willing to travel (with my own car of course) for 90 minutes for a fulltime job. I've sent 60+ applications in a month. I'm one of the lost souls that are not in training, not in school and not working that the politicians are concerned about. I don't need a lot to be self-reliant, just a fucking job that I can enjoy (so that excludes children, caretaking, sales and phone-based customer support). I've taken courses on my own, so I can drive excavator, loader and forklifts up to 10 tons, paid for with money from inheritance.

What do I get from the government? NOTHING. I got advised that I should look into higher education. I lose focus after reading the longer Wikipedia articles. I'm not motivated for re-doing math and evnetually become an engineer, because let's face it, social sciences usually don't get you that far.

And then they spend so many resources integrating the immigrants. Yes, I understand they need language classes and guidance in a different society, even clothing. But so much money go into caring for them, and I'm left with the feeling that I can fuck off.

The immigrants' failure at leaving the less desirable parts of their culture(s) behind them annoys me too, but as a loser, I feel they are prioritised over me, while I actually don't need that much help. It's just so frustrating. Were I not married and more elegant in clothing and make-up, I'd sell myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    I always see Western Europeans complaining about all the migrants flowing to their areas from the Middle East. They tend to be exceptionally hard working, sophisticated, peaceful people and I don't see a good reason for why you would be against them coming to your countries.
    As an Ex-Muslim, I prefer not to have a growing influence of islamic culture and political Islam in Europe if I look at the human rights situation of other Ex-Muslims and Atheists in most predominantly islamic nations. Thats why I'm against mass immigration from culturally islamic countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Please stop generalizing. One man does not represent a religion, multiple countries and an ideology. This guy said one thing that maybe we interpret it right. It does not mean that all the other muslims listened to him and stopped doing math. In any societies there are many different views. The was this guy that we think said that math was bad and there was probably thousands other muslims who were saying that math was good.
    Are you really trying to bring down a whole religion because of what 1 man said?
    It's hard to pinpoint who caused Islam to be ass backwards, but there's no denying that it is ass backwards. Neil Degrasse Tyson points at Hhamid Al-Ghazali. You could point at Ibn Taymiyyah, but whatever the case is, Islam became anti-science. With it, came the lack of your own thoughts. Basically if someone said that math is the work of the devil, then you stopped doing math.
    So because of 1 priest that raped a child we should discredit all Christians?
    Haha, just one priest? Much like Hhamid Al-Ghazali, there was a movement, or damn near one. They're incomparable, cause one was a social taboo while the other one was pretty open and in your face about it. Also I hope there wasn't actually one priest claiming that straight adult sex was the work of the devil.
    From what I learned in my religious studies, Islam was very pro science that's why I can tell you that this man was unique. I also learned that it was the other way around in Christianity. Science was evil for them. They killed whoever claimed that the earth was not flat for centuries.
    And slowly Christians became less fanatic. We're not like Japan where nearly everyone isn't religious. The whole point of Neil Degrasse Tyon's video was a warning to Americans not to fall back like Islam did. To not stop science because of religious beliefs. I'm trying to show you that Islam today is not the same Islam of the past.
    I brought up christianity in the conversation assuming that you are wise enough to respect it.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA *deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    My goal is to show you that you are forgiving for many bad aspects related to christians but you are unforgiving for anything that is related to Islam because you did not accept this religion like the other one. It is guaranteed you have been taught to be critic and on the info you're being presented. Yet you don't try to be critic on whatever is against Islam.
    And you're stuck thinking that modern Islam is the same as ancient Islam. They're not the same thing. Much like Christianity is not the same today. For Christianity things got more relaxed, while Islam got more strict. Modern Americans and Europeans are not as religious, and do it for ritualistic reasons. The middle east... not so much.

We see shit like this in America and nobody is dead. Believe me a lot of those Christians would love to purge some atheists, but they're fanatic. In islam, that shit is against the law and punishable by death. If the cops don't kill you, the people will surely come for you at night to give you the sweat release of death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, either that.... or all the ignorant voters who supported him.
    Don't blame Hilary for giving private speach's to corporations, or why she never picked Bernie Sanders as Vice President. Totally 100% Trump voters fault.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2018-02-20 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    It's hard to pinpoint who caused Islam to be ass backwards, but there's no denying that it is ass backwards. Neil Degrasse Tyson points at Hhamid Al-Ghazali. You could point at Ibn Taymiyyah, but whatever the case is, Islam became anti-science. With it, came the lack of your own thoughts. Basically if someone said that math is the work of the devil, then you stopped doing math.

Haha, just one priest? Much like Hhamid Al-Ghazali, there was a movement, or damn near one. They're incomparable, cause one was a social taboo while the other one was pretty open and in your face about it. Also I hope there wasn't actually one priest claiming that straight adult sex was the work of the devil.

And slowly Christians became less fanatic. We're not like Japan where nearly everyone isn't religious. The whole point of Neil Degrasse Tyon's video was a warning to Americans not to fall back like Islam did. To not stop science because of religious beliefs. I'm trying to show you that Islam today is not the same Islam of the past.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA *deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And you're stuck thinking that modern Islam is the same as ancient Islam. They're not the same thing. Much like Christianity is not the same today. For Christianity things got more relaxed, while Islam got more strict. Modern Americans and Europeans are not as religious, and do it for ritualistic reasons. The middle east... not so much.

We see shit like this in America and nobody is dead. Believe me a lot of those Christians would love to purge some atheists, but they're fanatic. In islam, that shit is against the law and punishable by death. If the cops don't kill you, the people will surely come for you at night to give you the sweat release of death.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't blame Hilary for giving private speach's to corporations, or why she never picked Bernie Sanders as Vice President. Totally 100% Trump voters fault.
    It is the ignorant voter who put him in office who are responsible. People are responsible for their own actions.

Deleted
    Because importing more Poor people does not help out the poor people already in the country.

Simple fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    As an Ex-Muslim, I prefer not to have a growing influence of islamic culture and political Islam in Europe if I look at the human rights situation of other Ex-Muslims and Atheists in most predominantly islamic nations. Thats why I'm against mass immigration from culturally islamic countries.
    That and if you're found to be an Ex-Muslim, the Punishment is death.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    i am clearly from a westernized secular (Or should be) culture. But, that is the thing, we are mostly a secular culture are the westernized countries. From North America to Europe. Hell even china has become more westernized. But "our" culture cannot play around a brick wall. A Brick wall, will always be a brick wall. It will not bend, and its resolve is cold as stone, specially when santa clause is greatest thing to them.
    Which one? I'll be the judge of how secular it is ahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Know what's hilarious? That you think women in Delhi and women in Stockholm even have the same ideas of injustice carried out against women in the respective countries.
    Yes, women in India just simply allow themselves to be raped and don't do anything about it because hurr durr a bunch of stupid brown women wouldn't know that rape was wrong without some white girl on the internet telling them so.

Deleted
    Immigrants ruin countries. See Sweden.