Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Most people aren't arguing it will though, we are arguing that people should have the choice to decide for themselves.
    Like I said, I also think people should be discouraged from getting their children circumcised because of cultural mores rather than any necessity. Secular or religious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh look. A bunch of nonreligious folks trying to impose their will upon religious folks. If this was the other way around, there’d be a fucking uproar about it. Apparently it’s ok to be a hypocrite as long as it goes with the majority of people in the discussion.

And this is all coming from a circumcised guy who has lived a perfectly normal life with absolutely no negative consequences because of it.

I always find it interesting too that the vast majority of people against something like this are either women or men who have no idea what it’s actually like to be circumcised. Basically, people arguing against something they personally don’t have the first damn clue about themselves.
    The right of the child goes above your right to religion, nut. It's time your kind and all the damages it's done started disappearing. I know hundreds die from complications and at minimum thousands have permanent complications. So your personal experience doesn't matter.

Most people aren't arguing it will though, we are arguing that people should have the choice to decide for themselves.
    Really? So you're in the wrong thread. This is about forbidding parents from forcing their religious will on infants. You can do whatever crap you want as an adult.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-02-21 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Like I said, I also think people should be discouraged from getting their children circumcised because of cultural mores rather than any necessity. Secular or religious.
    I think it should be illegal to cut off, insert or modify the whatever of any child until it's of legal age. Maybe pinhole ear-rings to appease the chavs as they can be healed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    The right of the child goes above your right to religion, nut. It's time your kind and all the damages it's done started disappearing. I know hundreds die from complications and at minimum thousands have permanent complications. So your personal experience doesn't matter.
    Your opinion doesn't matter in the US.

What secular Americans? Even the ones claiming to be atheist usually seem to be spiritual hippies (like in California).
    ~60% of Americans are circumcised at birth. It's still mostly the norm there, not just among certain religious communities.

It's actually a byproduct of a fad in the early 20th Century in the medical community. For some reason it's stuck in the US where it didn't elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Man I wish we could sit down all the major religions in the world and just sort through their customs and rites. Find the ones that are backasswards and just remove them.

If the religious nuts don't agree with them, They can bugger off to a land that tolerates zealots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And luckily your opinion does not matter here.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never really got me why this "issue" is such a big deal, if we're talking about the guy who "pretends" he is a doctor and is slicing it off with a kitchen knife in the middle of a dirty village then sure, otherwise I really don't get all the fuss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    ~60% of Americans are circumcised at birth. It's still mostly the norm there, not just among certain religious communities.

It's actually a byproduct of a fad in the early 20th Century in the medical community. For some reason it's stuck in the US where it didn't elsewhere.
    You can blame Dr Kellogg and his anti-masturbation push.

You'd have female genital mutilation there as well if the Feminism wasn't huge around that time too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Man I wish we could sit down all the major religions in the world and just sort through their customs and rites. Find the ones that are backasswards and just remove them.
    so... all of them?

Good thing the US is starting to become completely irrelevant then. They're going to love being the lap dog of China.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Never really got me why this "issue" is such a big deal, if we're talking about the guy who "pretends" he is a doctor and is slicing it off with a kitchen knife in the middle of a dirty village then sure, otherwise I really don't get all the fuss.
    Cutting people's dingalings is fucking pointless and to promote it is anti-logic.

it's 2018 and we've have the Anglican reformations, we don't need Religious Dogma from backwards people trying to tell us what to do.

We have a tiny handful of people that yell and scream...but when it comes time to actually do "something" about it that resembles civil activity they all seem to scurry off in the shadows where the cockroaches hide. I guess they have better things to do with their respective lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh look. A bunch of nonreligious folks trying to impose their will upon religious folks. If this was the other way around, there’d be a fucking uproar about it. Apparently it’s ok to be a hypocrite as long as it goes with the majority of people in the discussion.

And this is all coming from a circumcised guy who has lived a perfectly normal life with absolutely no negative consequences because of it.

I always find it interesting too that the vast majority of people against something like this are either women or men who have no idea what it’s actually like to be circumcised. Basically, people arguing against something they personally don’t have the first damn clue about themselves.
    Sigh.

You are missing 2 important things.

1. If you were circumcised as an infant you never chose it. And literally have no idea what it is not to be circumcised, so you have no comparison. You can never have a comparison. The reverse is not the case. Someone who wasn't circumcised as an infant, can as an adult chose to get it done, and that's perfectly fine, their body, their choice.

2. While you had no "negative consequences" that is not always the case. Furthermore because point 1, if you had slight negative consequences, like loss of sensation, you wouldn't actually know.

And finally...it's not about religion, it's about CHOICE! If you chose to get circumcised as an adult for religious reasons that is perfectly fine, but don't take away peoples choice before they are aware of the fact that they have a choice. Also...if you are not Jewish or Muslim circumcision is not a religious choice for you as it is not really done for religious reasons, it is not a component of any Christian theology.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2018-02-21 at 01:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Parents should not make irreversible cosmetic choices for their children.
    Then no children would be born. You can't change DNA (yet)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    so... all of them?
    Close to it.

I am not against Ritualism and the congregation of Religion, but the idea that certain rites that cause harm or promote rather dangerous beliefs should be scoured from modern religion by the hand of secular ideals.

In the modern world Organised Religion seems more and more like a dinosaur, Why do we give them the time of day?

Yes, because we all know that the Chinese don't believe in nonsense.

Just ask the Elephants.

Oh wait...
    You're right. Difference is they're not bound by a religious code and they actually have the capability to improve.

Deleted
    We have a tiny handful of people that yell and scream...but when it comes time to actually do "something" about it that resembles civil activity they all seem to scurry off in the shadows where the cockroaches hide. I guess they have better things to do with their respective lives.
    Or America simply has swathes of Religious nutjobs and ingorant morons who need to educate themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Or America simply has swathes of Religious nutjobs and ingorant morons who need to educate themselves.
    Yeah..unfortunately stupidity insists that spitting in the face of the opposition is an actual argument.
    I think you should stop with the shitty insults.

So you are not done throwing out moronic irrelevant one liners? I thought you quit a few pages back. I guess there's more nonsense you can churn out of your brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You mean like how Iceland is now banning it? That is not doing anything now?