Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yes, this is single reduction item setup and I'm very much a fan of it. I'm not a fan of double reduction meaning 30% reduction + 25% reduction + 50% on short missions or whatever people would use on last slot. Only 1 slot dedicated to success chance means it's harder to max the 2-slot missions, especially the ones with -25% starting penalty.
    Yeah, my only follower that has more than -30% is the ones who have it built into their second trait. As for the ones who are harder to 200% on 2 person missions. I can usually do it still and worst case scenario is I have +20% items laying around on most toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Like how? Missions spawn every 6h so having missions reduced to 1-2h doesn't really make a difference. You log back after these 1-2 hours and there's nothing new up.

I have 15 order halls, 6 with krokun missions, rest with fully maxed lightforged missions, and the cases where I have too many missions I'd wanna send so I lose some are much more rare than let's say 20% of the cases, which we can estimate is the failure rate of the bonus roll if you 180% missions on average (on average since you said some are 200%, some are 105% and so forth). Usually it only happens if a cursed mission spawns when the perfect counter for it is out.

Going double reduction made sense when command center missions were useful (they still are for some who send nethershards on enchanters and do the chaos crystal shuffle if their server's price for them is worth it).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, this is single reduction item setup and I'm very much a fan of it. I'm not a fan of double reduction meaning 30% reduction + 25% reduction + 50% on short missions or whatever people would use on last slot. Only 1 slot dedicated to success chance means it's harder to max the 2-slot missions, especially the ones with -25% starting penalty.
    https://gyazo.com/bcfca67f661af34f9c9ed744fbef1881

For example, this one happened to be 1 hour 55 min. I still farm the 1,500 rep tokens in hopes of Valarjar for the dragon mount. When that's done, I still have others to clear. By the 6th hour, there will be a refresh, sometimes wait an hour or so. Nothing ever "empty" or unworthy of sending except for the 1-2 day missions which I always 100% on and make it at least 12 hours when I have nothing else.

I understand your point of view but I just simply don't agree. I think this is a situation where it is dependent on the priorities of the person.
    Last edited by Weeps; 2018-02-17 at 02:26 AM.

Yes, if you do garbage missions then more reduction can be useful. But thats not what this thread is about so, grinding rep tokens is not "Class Hall Optimization for gold'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes, if you do garbage missions then more reduction can be useful. But thats not what this thread is about so, grinding rep tokens is not "Class Hall Optimization for gold'.
    The problem is you don't have gold missions up ALL the time. So what I like to do is knock out those 'garbage' missions quickly on my days off, so when a new gold mission does appear it will only be a short time before I can run it.

My general set up is -30% time, +30% success, and +50% to spell/hazard/minion on most of my followers. I have most of my characters set up like that and it works pretty well overall.
    On my newest character I'm trying something a little different. -30% time, +50% & +40% to spell/hazard/minion. I've only had this newest character maxed out for about 3 weeks now but it seems to be working out pretty well, also.
    It really seems to come down to the class though. My warrior still has the most issues maxing out certain missions, where as my other characters can max out pretty much anything. Not sure how all the classes are as I only have 7 different ones, but that's just my experience so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Faethor View Post
    The problem is you don't have gold missions up ALL the time. So what I like to do is knock out those 'garbage' missions quickly on my days off, so when a new gold mission does appear it will only be a short time before I can run it.

My general set up is -30% time, +30% success, and +50% to spell/hazard/minion on most of my followers. I have most of my characters set up like that and it works pretty well overall.
    On my newest character I'm trying something a little different. -30% time, +50% & +40% to spell/hazard/minion. I've only had this newest character maxed out for about 3 weeks now but it seems to be working out pretty well, also.
    It really seems to come down to the class though. My warrior still has the most issues maxing out certain missions, where as my other characters can max out pretty much anything. Not sure how all the classes are as I only have 7 different ones, but that's just my experience so far.
    Out of curiosity, why do you choose the +50% Spell/Hazard/Minion one over say +50% on <8hr? Not trying to criticize just trying to figure out as I figure the <8 would be better since it's always active if under 8 whereas the other one only works if that counter exists (which sometimes I don't have active, but still get 50% boost from <8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you choose the +50% Spell/Hazard/Minion one over say +50% on <8hr? Not trying to criticize just trying to figure out as I figure the <8 would be better since it's always active if under 8 whereas the other one only works if that counter exists (which sometimes I don't have active, but still get 50% boost from <8)
    On some of the longer 2 follower missions you won't go <8 hours with just 2x 30% reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    On some of the longer 2 follower missions you won't go <8 hours with just 2x 30% reduction.
    Yeah, but with those most classes have 1 champion that gets +20% >8hr so I stack two of those items and +30% base and usually max it out with just them or them + T1/T2 troop

Deleted
    I go 30% reduction, 25% reduction, +50% on <8hr for all followers. Other than the Elite BS missions everything is always less than 8hr timeframe, so you always get the +50% bonus.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I don't really care too much about hitting 200%, although I do hit 200% on the low-end ilvl missions (850).

What I do is I use all the mission duration DECREASE relics on my followers. I do about 5-10 missions a day with this method. I constantly clear up Primal Sargerite, Gold, Blood of Sargeras, and rep tokens. The missions are often between 55 minutes to 1 hour 19 minutes long. So it is safe to say that I am ravaging the order hall missions with huge gains.

Most of the time I am 150-180% and the secondary reward is obtained. Funny though I've won the secondary reward at 105% lol, funny.

I come home at the end of day and see my backpack is nearly full of quest rewards. Not using mission decrease relics is a bad idea, in my opinion.
    What? Why the hell would you not focus on 200%? That's simply working backwards. The 200% reward is bigger than the 100% reward. You're handicapping yourself with that nonsensical approach
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

The rep missions are actually pure gain (at least the 100OR, 2 person ones) - paragon bags give OR and gold, plus a shot at a mount / legendary.

yeah... pure gain. 1000g for 10k rep
    You'll be faster by going out and picking flowers.

If picking flowers gave mounts, then maybe.

So, hey, Blood of Sargeras missions got nerfed. They cost more now:

Picture link.

Kind of cuts into order hall gold a little.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post

Picture link.

This is the only way i was able to sustain doing 23 toons of this to make gold. There's no way i can farm Order resources on that many toons now. I'm so unbelievably screwed.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hotfix increasing the cost of Blood of Sargeras missions by 600 OR. Pretty much makes them not profitable for gaining OR now.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Great, first they say no Mission tables in bfa and now this. The Moment i Cant buy tokens anymore i will quit, has been long enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    This is the only way i was able to sustain doing 23 toons of this to make gold. There's no way i can farm Order resources on that many toons now. I'm so unbelievably screwed.
    1. There are profession world quests rewarding 10 BoS
    2. There are classes that can insta complete a mission every 18 hours
    3. ???
    4. profit :-)

Alas you don't get a 10-BoS-mission every day, but over 23 toons it might be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Great, first they say no Mission tables in bfa and now this. The Moment i Cant buy tokens anymore i will quit, has been long enough
    Token will only get more expensive in the long run. I am subscribed until summer 2019 already and have 10 token stashed away. I guess I'll start converting them to battle.net balance to buy more now. 300k is ridiculous but if I wait a year they'll probably be like a million :-).
    Last edited by Twdft; 2018-02-21 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Hotfix increasing the cost of Blood of Sargeras missions by 600 OR. Pretty much makes them not profitable for gaining OR now.
    Good that's one less thing I have to bother with every day then. Won't miss having to drag 25 alts to the blood vendor every week.

My daily routine now will be "are there gold missions? No? Moving on then"

Also lets be honest here if the gold was the problem they would have never buffed the 950 missions in the first place.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-02-21 at 04:08 AM.

Deleted
    as long as they dont take it any further, itll still work.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post

Picture link.

I still have 10k bloods stockpiled, let's see how long they last...

Anyway now 200%-ing a mission and countering any disorienting just became much more important as OR are not so spammable any more. No more frivolous spending of argus troops either. Probably gonna start skipping the less crucial missions as well like rep token for paragon or sargerite, I was already only sending them when followers were idle, but now it's better to let them sit idle waiting for a gold mission to pop instead of wasting resources (assuming xp maxed followers ofc).