Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like the ideas too now, but why are so much cast time with shard costs? That is stupid... PvP will be so hard in the beginning. Good to see my old pal Soul Fire back. Loved the mechanic. Still they need to improve the turret problem of demo, I am no turret pls make it more mobile demo is not a nuke class anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    Demonology is looking amazing so far from what I've seen in stream and videos. They're lacking a bit here or there but it's only very early alpha so I'm very optimistic.
    I personally cannot remember when I have been this hyped about Demo changes since, hmm, perhaps when we got Meta. Everything is looking extremely enticing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashnakh View Post
    I like the ideas too now, but why are so much cast time with shard costs? That is stupid... PvP will be so hard in the beginning. Good to see my old pal Soul Fire back. Loved the mechanic. Still they need to improve the turret problem of demo, I am no turret pls make it more mobile demo is not a nuke class anymore.
    Blizz wants pretty much all the casters to be turrets at this point.
    Meanwhile they're just giving more and more gapclosers and CC's to melee.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for PvP in BfA, seeing how absolutely horrid PvP was in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Blizz wants pretty much all the casters to be turrets at this point.
    Meanwhile they're just giving more and more gapclosers and CC's to melee.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for PvP in BfA, seeing how absolutely horrid PvP was in Legion.
    Yes I like the prestige system and the rewards of course. The balance is good, except for the 200%melee uptime on caster. Only mage can get some free time! I am still hoping of some more cc skills from demon summons

Quote Originally Posted by Fewane View Post
    I personally cannot remember when I have been this hyped about Demo changes since, hmm, perhaps when we got Meta. Everything is looking extremely enticing.
    only thing that's looking REALLY lacking is AoE. Both the Commander and the bats are on a minute and a half cd. I assume this'll get fixed somehow though. As I said, super hyped and optimistic about the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    I read this thread's title "Demo Change"
    I clicked on it
    Did Ctrl+F
    typed "demonic empowerment" but got no match
    That's enough to say the spec is still shit
    did you go beyond the first page? it's been talked about a bit. it's gone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Have you played Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

I really like what I'm seeing so far. I kinda miss Soul Fire from WoD, even though it hit like a noodle back then. It's rare for me to like spells that don't hit for a khgnwllion damage.

I also REALLY like the idea that I can sacrifice my imps to gain 4 stacks of Molten Core. With the Overloaded talent I'm gonna be running around pretending I'm a Fire Mage.
    even better than fire mage because can stack up 4 insta casts guaranteed. hot streak can

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d1a0...itemid=4115590

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm itching to try out the new Demonology. Now that there's no Demonic Empowerment leads me to believe it's going to be pretty interesting. Only concern I have is a "quick tag" ability. I always use Doom currently to run around and tag mobs, get them together, and AOE them all down. Not sure what I'd be able to use in BfA. That's honestly my only concern right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    I'm itching to try out the new Demonology. Now that there's no Demonic Empowerment leads me to believe it's going to be pretty interesting. Only concern I have is a "quick tag" ability. I always use Doom currently to run around and tag mobs, get them together, and AOE them all down. Not sure what I'd be able to use in BfA. That's honestly my only concern right now.
    Doom still exists as a talent as of right now.

Its way more fun to have the imps spawn around you and soulfire changes up the pacing and gives you that feel good moment when you get a bunch of procs. It'll be interesting to see what else they do with it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's honestly my only concern right now.
    I agree. I definitely like where the spec is headed, especially comparing it to what we have now, but I don't see like any instants. Not only are they important for tagging, but I don't want to feel even more locked down than I already do. On live at least we can use instant Shadow Bolts, Doom and Life Tap for movement without losing much, if any, dps.

We took two big steps backwards from MoP. Finally, this seems like a step forward. I don't think it's enough to convince me to buy BfA, I still feel majorly betrayed, but I'm glad they're making actual improvements.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Doom still exists as a talent as of right now.
    Single target only. Doesn't really work for what I was referring to.

Yup, having to hard cast shadowbolt on every mobs would be quite annoying and I don't want to pick up a talent just so I can pull mobs faster..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Yup, having to hard cast shadowbolt on every mobs would be quite annoying and I don't want to pick up a talent just so I can pull mobs faster..
    Not entirely sure what they could do for us, though. Doom is "eh" at best. As a talent I would never in a million years take it. As a "tag utility", it really sucks because mobs will die way before Doom ever goes off. It's more of an aggro generator in the outdoor world than anything else.

I debuff that does damage instantly and continuously deals damage. Like Corruption/Agony DoTs, but more "Demony". Maybe a debuff that spawns an Imp on the targets head that claws at them for damage over 24 seconds.

That would be pretty dang epic.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    from the looks of it, it seems soulfire generates 2 soulshards(based off what i saw in the preach demo video), so with overloaded, power siphon and inner demons, there will be a very good possibility that you'll be able to do all your movement while spamming instant soulfires and then cast hand of guldan to resummon some imps, with proper usage of imps and talents you'll definately be able to be highly mobile and still do a high amount of dps while moving, atleast significantly more than you currently do on live, and even then you have the choice to stand still for 1,5 secs(1,05ish secs with 30% haste) to cast HoG for more imps and then start the whole thing over again, i can definately see for high movement fights demo could be a good choice, i dont think ppl realize just mobile demo can be with the current talents on alpha, ofc this is simply an assessment of the talents and what ive seen from videos with the new alpha build, it could and prolly will get changed, but atm demo mobility looks good.
    You waste a full HoG if you cast 4 SF while moving, ideally you want to use 2 instants and then cast, which is pretty likely tbh. Not too often you need to instantly move more than 2 globals, 3 if you take doom I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    You waste a full HoG if you cast 4 SF while moving, ideally you want to use 2 instants and then cast, which is pretty likely tbh. Not too often you need to instantly move more than 2 globals, 3 if you take doom I guess.
    yeah, i wasnt that clear about what i meant, but yeah, ideally you'll cast 2 soulfire pr HoG cast.

It seems like making Dreadstalkers instant cast would help the mob tagging issue. Its cooldown is such that you should be able to use it regularly on questing mobs, but it's not so short that it'll require the spec to be balanced around high mobility. Seeing as it's a skill you want to open with anyway, it seems like a perfect candidate for a quality of life tweak like this.

Or, I mean, they could always give casters buttons they can actually press while moving again.

Single target only. Doesn't really work for what I was referring to.
    I mean.. its the same spell? I don't really get why the exact spell you used to tag mobs doesn't work anymore?

He means doom only works on one target now. but still you can pop it on mobs as u run bye for initial aggro on them doesnt matter if it goes off of first target and onto new one for that situation

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    He means doom only works on one target now. but still you can pop it on mobs as u run bye for initial aggro on them doesnt matter if it goes off of first target and onto new one for that situation
    I still dont really get what you mean

15+ Year Old Account
    Doom has a limit of one. (According to the tooltip in BfA). So while you can still use it to quick tag multiple targets it will only be on the last one you have casted it on. On live each target you quick tag will have an application of doom. So you can still quick tag but you will never benefit from a tick of Doom on earlier targets.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."