Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCorvus View Post
    Projecting much?

- - - Updated - - -

Why should we pay for his secure existence. People commit crimes on purpose to get themselves incarcerated over the winter. Its a good case for a death penalty. Ofcourse hes under age im asuming and that changes things a bit... still i would lean on killing him off to deter others from doing what he did. As i am against gun ownership i am for death penalty, its the rational liberal thing to do.
    It's unwise to assume you know every outcome of a person's life. You don't know that a person will kill again after having served the appropriate time, the only thing we can know to a certainty is that the person will never do anything again, good or bad if you kill them.

Death penalty as deterrence is completely ridiculous, prison time is more than sufficient. People who commit mass murder are nearly always mentally disturbed, and won't be deterred by fear of lethal injection any more than they will an extended stay in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Why waste tax money on a piece of shit like that? lethal injection is much cheaper.
    A common misconception. Capital punishment is extremely costly.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Hang him from a noose till he dies.
    Also feed him poison so he suffers while hanging.

If you're gonna shoot up a school, you deserve NO sympathy.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep him in prison, he will most likely be some bigger dudes bitch in jail for the next 50years
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Also feed him poison so he suffers while hanging.

If you're gonna shoot up a school, you deserve NO sympathy.
    Impale him with a jagged spike up his ass, so that as he slides further down upon the spike, the noose tightens around his neck.

No, the death penalty is ineffective at best and counter productive at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    No, the death penalty is ineffective at best and counter productive at worst.
    It's 100% effective. That person never kills again. The lesson is learned in the most provable way of any form of punishment.

Yes. As quickly as possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Of course not. One of the major tenets of post enlightenment justice is the idea of being better then the criminal. I say we remain above the violence at all times to retain a sembalance of civilization.
    Maybe in a society with non-limited resources. Alive and free or alive and locked up, he's hurting people. Besides, killing isn't inherently evil. We kill for food, we kill to protect ourselves. Killing just for the sake of hurting people or for fame, on the other hand, is disgusting and pathetic.

I think this guy shouldn't be killed though, so that he can suffer. No matter how long he lives, his suffering will only be the tiniest fraction of the pain he's caused the families of the victims.

Yes. No point in keeping him alive.

I feel like being locked in a shitty jail is worse so I’d go with that instead. Obviously the system isn’t about that though so just remove him from society I guess. Wont be contributing anything good and he’s already taken away 17 innocent kids from ever having the chance to do so.

Yes, Firing squad for him.

But for those who don't want him killed, let him rot in jail and turn a blind eye on him and let the prisoners deal with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Whatever is cheaper for the state.
    (I personally think that would be death, but there have been reports that it costs more to kill someone than keep them in prison. I don't have the research to argue either side)

This guy has already caused enough anguish, he shouldn't get to cause more by draining more resources.
    The only correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    TIL way over 50% of MMO-C are pretty much the stone age savages I'd imagined them to be. What a disgusting bunch of barely-above-neandertal oxygen waste machines. No wonder our world sucks as bad as it does. If I could vomit here, the mods would have some serious cleaning to do right now.
    Maybe you shouldn't be so indifferent to teens having firearms.

I don't know about an outright execution, but how about throwing him into solitary confinement for life? In a cell that's somewhere between a Gitmo cell and the Iso Cubes from Judge Dredd. Let him rot, with nothing and no one around him. Not even vermin or cockroaches. This is the punishment that all murderers should receive.

Quote Originally Posted by plagueshard801 View Post
    Had they thrown him out on the street, would you then be saying they should be held responsible for this because they caused him to snap by not providing a stable, nurturing environment?

He was over 18, and they did not act as accomplices. Not sure how this is their fault. Sure they could have called the cops to report this and that more often, but it seemed to do a LOT of good the last 39 times.
    I think if you have that type of situation going on under your roof, you need to personally contact authorities about it.

Even if they don't do anything about it, at least you covered yourself. Look at the facts I listed- any sane human being would be concerned under those conditions.

Also, you can confiscate the guns (for the meantime) while the boy is on psycho-active meds and depressed. Even if he finds another way to get a gun, at least you tried to do something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solitary punishment with no form of entertainment or social contact is worse than death.

It's also cheaper.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2018-02-21 at 04:09 AM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    My inner utilitarian says send him to prison, study and learn what we can in order to better understand these types of criminals.
    Agreed.

Part of me says why waste the taxes to keep him incarcerated (off the SOB), but if we are going to use him in the name of science, then it is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Solitary punishment with no form of entertainment or social contact is worse than death.

It's also cheaper.
    No, it isn't. Just because he is in a cell by himself doesn't somehow negate the costs involved with keeping him fed and watered, making sure he has consistent medical care -- the days of the Good ol' boy lockup in a crate went out of style nearly a hundred years ago.

As for "studying what made him that way" -- no need. Bullying and a lack of a good mental healthcare professional in schools to monitor the kids and make sure they are doing well and coping with the nightmare that is public schools in America are what are to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

No make him live in prison. I'm sure being a mass shooter of children goes over well in jail. That is real punishment. He isn't ever getting out of jail anyways so all killing him does is shorten his sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    No, it isn't. Just because he is in a cell by himself doesn't somehow negate the costs involved with keeping him fed and watered, making sure he has consistent medical care -- the days of the Good ol' boy lockup in a crate went out of style nearly a hundred years ago.

As for "studying what made him that way" -- no need. Bullying and a lack of a good mental healthcare professional in schools to monitor the kids and make sure they are doing well and coping with the nightmare that is public schools in America are what are to blame.
    The cost of the death penalty isn't cheap either and usually doesn't get served right away.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    No.
    Capital punishment is revenge, not justice.
    Basically this, If we truly want to create a civilized society then we can't be looking for our judicial system to provide revenge for us.