Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. For one, that would have him get off the hook too easy. For two, he would end up a martyr for for fringe cases and yet another source for conspiracy theories.

He should be locked up for life without the chance of getting out at any point and forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    No, because the death sentence is outlawed in the civilized world.
    The USA is far from civilized, as recent events have shown. Not even your President is civilized...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

The Florida shooter planned to shoot up the school. He even posted it on social media.
    So the Murder of 17 innocents was pre -meditated.

Yes.. let him live for 5-10 years and let him think what he has done.

Then put him down.

There has to be an example shown to other "wannabe" school shooters.
    That if you kill school students indiscriminately then you die

Yes, no reason why people like that should be allowed to live.

- - - Updated - - -

No, because the death sentence is outlawed in the civilized world.
    No, it isn't. USA has the death penalty, Singapore has it, Japan has it, that's just 3 of the top of my head, there are likely more.

No he should be made to live with what he did in jail all his life, executing him is giving him an easy way out and quite frankly what he likely wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    The USA is far from civilized, as recent events have shown. Not even your President is civilized...
    What do you define as civilized?

Deleted
    Put them in a airlocked room, with enough air for about 2 days. Open the room 1 day later, burn the body and next! Why 2 days you may ask? Just putting them to sleep would be too humane and quick. Let them atleast suffer for 2 days

As someone who know nothing about the laws in USA:

Civilized countries don't use death sentence. So no. But that does not answer the real question: How should societies handle people who do things like that? Norway handled Breivik quite well after he slaughtered innocent young people but he is (luckily) a one off... with school shootings showing no signs of slowing down in USA more cases like this will happen, so the discussion is worth having. Ultimately I think everyone should have the chance to redeem themselves - once. With cases like these ongoing evaluations of the inmates stability needs to be made and once(if) they are deemed "safe" reintegrating them into society should be considered. Yes, some will never succed in this but the ones that do stop being a burden for their country and becomes a source of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Should the Florida Shooter be Executed?

So listening to a very heated debate at work where people was arguing weither the Florida shooter be executed or not and it got me thinking where i stand on this.

Clearly the guy did it so there isnt a shred of doubt about being innocent but should the penalty for what he did be death?

Though he has mental issues clearly he knew what he was doing and he knew it was wrong so its hard to justify a plea of insanity.

I know alot of gun owners at work who wants to see that kid swing because he has in there eyes he has ruined gun ownership and made gun laws alot more likely with a possible assault weapon ban in the future.

Thing is iam against the death penalty because of the miscarriages of justice but when a case is this cut and dry its hard not to see the case for death in this instance.
    Ofcourse, it's more expensive than life in prison, so let's go for that killing.
    You know it's barbaric right? Eye for an eye. You know it's part of that dreaded sharia law. But then again, ermerica is a fundamentalist christian nation, so it fits.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

For a crime like this, yes. Public execution by firing squad would be fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    Civilized countries don't use death sentence.
    But we do. We certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    What do you define as civilized?
    For starters, universal healthcare, but also having a working democracy ...not the outdated BS system the USA rus with. I’d also claim that cilvilized countries aren’t as corrupt as the USA is, especially within politics/government.
    Then we could go into racism, equality, free schools (minimum 14 years) and much more.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

My point still stands.

If they have the death penalty they challenge the notion of being civilized.
    So, USA, Japan and Singapore are places filled with savages or what?

Your words, not mine.
    That's what you are saying though. You are aware of what civilized means and what calling someone uncivilized means?

Death penalty should be abolished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    That's what you are saying though. You are aware of what civilized means and what calling someone uncivilized means?
    It isn't.
    Do you know what those words mean?
    Here is a hint: Uncivilized is spelled "uncivilized" and not "savage" because it is not the same word.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    So I assume, logically, that you are a pacifist because having a military entails the possibility of going to war which ensures that innocent people will die in one capacity or another.
    I am very opposed to the military and I'd rather not see our police armed either, but not necessarily because I'm against killing people.

I'm not in favor of the death penalty but the "it is wrong to kill people" argument doesn't work for most people because you almost certainly hold contradictory views in one way or another to that statement. If the government can't execute people because it is wrong for them to kill people then we should abolish the military and disarm the police but few would support those measures. If you apply that logic to everyone else it becomes even worse because most of us partake in activities that could end the lives of someone else. Driving most notably.
    I think killing someone in defense is very different from using killing as a punishment, but I didn't think I needed to spell that out. I will now: I'm again killing as punishment, and very good care should be taken not to kill people in any other circumstance, but I am not a pacifistic and killing in self-defense is not always bad.

Driving and the likes is not comparable, because you don't set out to kill. If you think it is comparable, we should just all kill ourselves now, because just about every object we own can be used to kill someone and many actions we take can result in death as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Death penalty should be abolished.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't.
    Do you know what those words mean?
    Here is a hint: Uncivilized is spelled "uncivilized" and not "savage" because it is not the same word.
    Yeah, synonyms do not exist. Check the synonyms for uncivilized.

Lock him in a room with all the families of the people he killed.

should be dead already... either hanging from a rope or shot on site and not provided and medical treatment. The fact that medical resources are wasted on people like him, or the guy near me that shot 3 cops is disgusting, let them die even if its slow and painful idc.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Why? He does not deserve so.

Someone who does something like that should never be killed, that equals granting them freedom.
    They should stick to a dark room for the rest of their lives until insanity completely takes over.. if it hasn´t already.

By killing you remove any possible suffer, remorsedevelopment, you simply put that person to sleep and allow them to get away with it, because their crime will become the last thing they did, it will become what they did in their live, rather than it being suffering as a pay coin for their crime.
    Pretty much this.
    Also, if precedent is created, then in the future there might be less clear cases where death penalty will be applied as well, but who will be there to judge whom to live or die? That will create very dangerous path. We all know where that path ends.