Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

alpha worries confirmed by preach

In his stream preach stated that blizzard is so unfinished with BFA that the alpha is dried up and one of 3 things are happening

1. its going to be ok but unlikely

2. its severely unfinished hence the straight lack of anything new in the test realms recently and the fact as he stated about the ele shaman spec it just doesnt work

3. blizz is comfy with how some systems are going to work and never test them

honestly i couldnt keep up with him between the fact he was stating frost plays wonderfully in alpha and odyns fury needs to return

Can we fucking not?

Deleted
    Well I mean it's an alpha, it's not even a beta yet, they still have until like september to get it right

Deleted
    One youtube-guy has a strong opinion so everything he says MUST be true.

Remember what Alpha means and then come back this summer after they've patched it a few dozen times.
    Also who tf is preach

There can be many reasons why content isn't on the Alpha. We know this is pretty much the same build they had at blizzcon, so we can assume some amount of progress was made since, while we don't know why new content isn't on yet, we can't just assume it's cus there's nothing to upload.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Any reasonable person would know that the alpha is called "alpha" for a reason. It feels that the Classic waiting crowd is bashing BFA constantly on mmochampion. I get it that some retail players also like to bash Classic, but it seems the threads on the former a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    in his stream preach stated that blizzard is so unfinished with bfa that the alpha is dried up and one of 3 things are happening

1. Its going to be ok but unlikely

2. Its severely unfinished hence the straight lack of anything new in the test realms recently and the fact as he stated about the ele shaman spec it just doesnt work

3. Blizz is comfy with how some systems are going to work and never test them

honestly i couldnt keep up with him between the fact he was stating frost plays wonderfully in alpha and odyns fury needs to return
    the sky is falling

Deleted
    You mean a game more then half a year away from it's planned realise still isn't finished?! The horror.

Maybe blizzard are waiting for the next two zones to be playable and will relsise them in a large update soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preach... seriously?
    Guy blows everything out of proportion and also it's Alpha, things will change a dozen times and i'm pretty sure Blizzard is still working on general world and mechanical side. Once they get to Class balance things WILL change.

Deleted
    Alpha - A very early version of a software product that may not contain all of the features that are planned for the final version.

Alpha is not "play the full game before everyone" but it's one of the earlier development stages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydindril View Post
    One youtube-guy has a strong opinion so everything he says MUST be true.
    It is true within reason, but OP has misunderstood the point. The state of the classes in the current alpha is indeed broken, but I would be surprised if they actually released the game with broken classes. As I recall early Legion alpha and even beta had broken classes too that also didn't work at all.

But we should stop replying to these threads. Feel like they're actually made to encourage hate towards the guy. Preach never asked for his video topics to be posted all over mmo-champ, so giving him undue hate for it is foolish.

It’s a very good idea to point out worries/concerns as early as possible. It’s not a good idea to over react however.

There are definitely flaws with classes right now, a ton of them feel empty and extremely boring. This is a concern because they said they wanted to add abilities back and they stated they went too far with the prune, but the alpha currently looks like classes were pruned again for a third time. I know it’s early and we haven’t seen Azerite Armor yet but I don’t think it’ll fix everything.

The expansion/content itself looks to be really good. The pure improvements they’ve made to certain systems (AP, questing, scenarios, etc) are great. The only worry I have is class design because currently a lot of classes look very dry. Ret Paladin, prot Paladin, guardian Druid, balance Druid, etc all feel very empty just to give a few examples.

yo there's thousands of video games you can play instead

well he is the same guy that said you dont need gear unless your competing for world first

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is Preach, and why is his opinion relevant to anyone but himself?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    It is true within reason, but OP has misunderstood the point. The state of the classes in the current alpha is indeed broken, but I would be surprised if they actually released the game with broken classes. As I recall early Legion alpha and even beta had broken classes too that also didn't work at all.

But we should stop replying to these threads. Feel like they're actually made to encourage hate towards the guy. Preach never asked for his video topics to be posted all over mmo-champ, so giving him undue hate for it is foolish.
    m8 it aint h8 its just b8 toward the gate that is his streams bants

Alpha has been out for 2 weeks and this guy has been balls out complaining since the start like its end of the world. Blizzard should just stop collaborating with this guy. I get if you want to critize what is happening or the changes that are there but going on hunt like this is just so fucking pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Well I mean it's an alpha, it's not even a beta yet, they still have until like september to get it right
    Too late to complain when it's in beta though.
    Blizzard beta pretty much means "read for release".

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post

If you make a video about it you kinda are asking for attention to it.