10+ Year Old Account

You've been tasked with creating a class specific questline........

So as the title suggests, the scenario is that Blizz has tasked you with creating a class specific questline. Can be short and intense, or long and involved. I tried asking this question a while back, but with the way some of the questlines have panned out in Legion, maybe there'll be a better response this time around. I'll get the ball rolling:

My questline is for Hunters. As rugged wilderness dwellers reliant on living in harmony with the beasts of the land, we seek ways to more easily traverse the wilds. My quest chain sets us on a path to seek ancient knowledge of legendary hunters of the past, sending us all over Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor. We seek out the final resting places of these legendary hunters, who will pass on their knowledge if we can prove ourselves worthy by overcoming a trial. Each trial will involve the tracking and defeat of either a particularly vicious beast, or a nemesis of the deceased hunter, and returning with a trophy as proof of success. Each trial will require different aspects of the hunters toolkit to overcome, maybe even requiring talent changes to survive or neutralise various hazards. The final step in the questline involves acquiring the blessings of the Wild Gods, with the final reward being granted the ability to cast Wild Mount. Instead of a mount from your list, casting Wild Mount out in the open summons an area specific beast that serves as your mount until you dismount, at which point, the beast fades back into the wild. This would be an instant cast, along the same lines as Druids shape shift forms, and if cast in the air, results in the summoning of a flying beast (in areas where flight is enabled/unlocked).

I think it'd be pretty cool, and fitting with the class fantasy, as well as give non permanent access to some unique mounts. For those who like to immerse themselves in both class and questing area, it'd add just a little extra flavour to the overall feel.

What do you think? Lets see your ideas and opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I honestly would like to see the creation of more race specific quest lines. Though, your written up idea sounds good.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    @Gehco.....Race specific quests would work really well too, and potentially an excellent source of lore expansion for the races involved. Good shout dude
    Last edited by Toxuvox; 2018-02-21 at 10:23 AM.

Thank you for these ideas out. I would also like to see the creation of more race specific quest lines. I love the way how you have explained everything!! Your words are clean and crystal. Once again thank you for the post,

5+ Year Old Account
    I would gate it behind mission time walls and make sure every class gets a similar story/questline structure..OH WAI-
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

10+ Year Old Account
    @CasualFilth......I may be wrong, but I'm getting the impression something has displeased you regarding Legion....?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    @CasualFilth......I may be wrong, but I'm getting the impression something has displeased you regarding Legion....?
    Wasn't it obvious?

But on point: I don't play Hunter but I liked your idea. I would create a questline that explores the origin of each class, with enemies that required clever use of your abilities, (i.e. Rhok'delar, Benediction questlines, some mount questlines from Legion - warlock comes to mind). As for difficulty, I'll put it near the Mage Tower bracket, perhaps a bit easier, but without Legiondares BS. I'll consider it optional piece of content but one worthy for those that put some time to pursue it.

As for the reward: it will be neither mount nor gear nor a transmog piece. It should be a cosmetic appearance ala paladin librams, hunter special quiver/bullet sack(?) that complements what the class is all about.
    Last edited by CasualFilth; 2018-02-21 at 11:21 AM.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    untainted saronite
    Untainted old god's blood? What?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    Untainted old god's blood? What?
    Dude, I'm calling it now:

There is ONE good Old God. Mark my words, Blizzard will SOMEHOW make that happen. :<

It's for rogues.

When the group of 3 Ethereals approached, you were struck by a mix of feelings. Dealings with them were few and far between, and while they always payed handsomely, the services they requested usually fell into the "insane deathtrap" category. Or at least, so you heard. You had never dealt with them before, but you made quite a name for yourself in the campaign against the Legion. Enough of a name, apparently, to be considered "worthy" for one of their contracts.
    Unsurprisingly, they wanted to offer you a job, but requested a conversation in a more secluded area. Once you arrived somewhere they found to be suitably isolated, they made their offer without hesitation.
    They wanted you to assassinate a king... on another planet. As it turned out, the Ethereals started fiddling around with the remains of the Legion teleportation networks after the campaign on Argus ended, and stumbled upon a far off world, densely packed with valuable resources, ready to be mined and processed.
    Much to their dismay, they soon found out that the planet was ruled by a tyrant king, and all their attempts at communication were answered with immediate military action. Unable to resolve the situation in a quick and satisfying manner, but unwanting to let go of the riches the planet held, they planted a couple of lone agents on the planet in secret, with the goal of either infiltrating an already existing rebel organization, should there be one, or riling up enough people to start one. Not out of charity of course, but to get one of their own into a leading position, to secure undisturbed mining rights for themselves.
    After discovering that there was no movement of note present on the planet, they started their work to start one from scratch, and soon enough, they amassed a sizeable number of followers. But as diverse as the skillsets represented in this militia were, none of them knew as much about acting unseen in the shadows as you did. And this is where you would come in.
    The risk was big, but the pay even bigger, and the prestige of pulling this off basically immeasurable. There was no way you could decline this offer.
    This would be one for the history books.

> Travel to the far off world of Nassaka, and take control of a growing rebel movement dedicated to overthrowing the tyrant king Borantis!
    > Organize your troops, secure vital intel, and get your men into positions within Borantis' power structure through bribery, blackmail, and assassination.
    > Once you are ready, enter the planing stage! Set up distractions and ambushes, assign important tasks to your followers, then make your move!
    > Infiltrate Castle Kalarai: Enter the giant fortress Borantis calls his home. Built like a maze, filled to the brim with traps and guards, you will have to use all of the tools and tricks at your disposal to reach the heart of it, and finish what you came here for.

I realize that this is way too big to give it to a single class, but this is just what popped into my head. The actual questline would be like 10-15 normal quests, and a bit of open ended, Shadow of Mordor like gameplay, where you would scout the city on your own, trying to gather intel, and assassinate and bribe important people. It would culminate in the Kalarai infiltration scenario, that changes depending on the plans you've made during the planing stage.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2018-02-21 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Chief Bennett.....I like that idea. The idea of checking out the Nerubian areas is particularly cool. A bit more Bolvar is cool too

@CasualFilth.....totally agree with the cosmetic side of your idea. Something that looks cool, but doesn't give a massive advantage or unnecessary power. Class flavour is what these would all be about

- - - Updated - - -
    @Sigxy the Lemming.....May be controversial, but I reckon that's exactly what Elune is...a Benevolent Old God...an aberration born out of the Void, totally unexpected by the void lords and a mistake they're anxious to eradicate.

Rogue - something like the legendary daggers.
    Sneaking, infiltrating, assassinating.

A Secret Investor has informed The Uncrowned of a great heist to be made in Azshara. It takes Place during the Grand opening of Bilgewater metropolis, the New name for Bilgewater harbour. The Uncrowned rob Gallywix blind, but suddenly the player is knocked out. The Uncrowned is discovered and they are driven off empty handed.
    The Rogue Later Wakes up "Hey Pal! Did you think I'd just forget about that love potion you stole from me? Hah! No way! That Worm Noggenfogger has become Rich. Dangeriously Rich, almost richer than me! You're gonna fix that." "And don't even try refuse, I've planted a chip in Your brain. Betray me and er' head is blown straight off, hehe. Cool little invention aint it?"

The Rogue must Retrieve:
    The Ultimate bomb
    A Mana Bomb
    And a; "Sowwy ;(" Flag.

Phase One:
    "You've done me a great service pal! First we gon drop that Ultimate Bomb upon Gadgetzan, that sure get the filthy tradeprinces attention, and force him to Return there. Then we'll make a grand enterance. The Bilgewater Cartel will invade that damn backwater!"
    The Rogue Is acompanied by Three Horde Gunships along With lots of fighters and must fend off Steamwheedle saboteurs and boarders while the Bilgewater Cartel establishes aerial dominance. After that the Bomb will be dropped, wiping A Fifth of the town off the map. This Forces mr Noggenfogger to Return, With a quite sizeable force.

Phase Two:
    "Well Pal, you've done good. Now, we got no chance of landin Our paratroopers upon that rustbucket before we take out their anti air cannons. Do what you rogues do best. Destroy em' and get out!". Stealth Mission as the rogue goes around and destroys flak cannons. When destroying the final and biggest one, the Rogue Plants the "Sowwy ;(" flag on it.

Phase Three:
    "Hehe! Hes done for! Join my Boys Down there and take the city! Glory to the Bilgewater cartel! And well, huh, horde and all that."
    Join The Bilgwater and Gobsquad and engage in a turfwar against Steamwheedle cartel. Italian Mafia style where they take cover in the streets and fire at each other. Both sides have hired merenaries aswell, so you will see all kinds of different races there, Gnolls, Ogres, Naga, Quillboars, Orcs, You name it.
    Objective 1: Secure a perimiter.
    Objective 2: Charge With Your troops to the Arena.
    Objective 3: Defeat Don Han'Cho.
    "Ey ey ey! Let me live! You're too tough for me!"
    Gallywix waltzes in "Oh not so big anymore now are we? You chose the wrong side, but I like Your guts. Ill let you live if you promise to bash Marins face in!"
    "Sure... B-Boss!"
    Objective 4: Claim the Rest of the Town
    Objective 5: Assault Marins Palace
    "Well Well Marin, Regret stealin that love potion now do you?"
    "Come on gallywix... We're both men! Let me live! Please! i have so many plans and evil deeds to commit! I Beg you!!!"
    "No chance! Don! Do what you do b-- On a Second thought. Technically you stole the Potion rogue. YOU kill him!"
    "What? You don't wanna? Well you do remember about that chip? If you wont you die and Ill get Don to do it instead. Either way I win."
    Objective 6: Kill Marin Noggenfogger.
    "Now, Lets high tail the hell out of here before I make history!"
    Objective 7: "Get out!!!"
    You're now on the horde gunship, and in a cinematic you witness a Zeppelin With a manabomb fly over. You guessed it. Boom! The Entire Town is wiped off the face of Azeroth. After that Gallywix says you have repaid Your debt tosses you aside and moves in his men to reconstruct it into a mean streets of gadgetzan style town.
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2018-02-21 at 12:25 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    @BAMyouhaveaids.....With the right cut scenes and voice acting, that could be hilarious