Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post

The western governments keep ppl on the 2nd level by design (US: guns, EU: illegal immigrants). They keep ppl in fear, so they won't think much, they won't know that they are played out and just used as brainless slaves, because they think for their safety first.

These countries can't/don't even provide the basics of a properly working society, and they dare to call themselves 1st world.

lol, that is just fearmongering from Wilders and Baudet here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Says the only developed nation without properly state funded mental health care or health care in general.

- - - Updated - - -

How many stabbings do you guys have?
    I seriously tried to look for the numbers. But it's not a thing here. Yes it happens, but it is so rarely, im pretty sure America scores on this subject atleast 800% higher as well

We already have gun control. What we lack is enforcement.

America needs to address a plethora of issues, gun control isn't going to solve their problem with violence.
    But it will reduce Gun Violence.

Nah not by much, there are too many fire arms already circulating in the black market and available to people.

Gun control is a band-aid fix to a problem of mass inequality.
    no, what I said very true. UK hasn't seen a mass school shooting since 1996.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-02-21 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    They just keep on coming don't they? How much is enough guys really.
    Like trickle down economics, I'm sure this one will be enough to get them to act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

the UK has one of the highest rates of knife violence so...

Remove guns and people will stab each other. Remove knives and people will beat each other to death.

I'd rather be shot and die quicker than get stabbed.
    Again, so what.
    This is about Reducing Gun Violence not Violence in general although that should be tackled too.

The UK also never had to fight for their independence, they don't have a history of needing weapons to defend themselves from aggressors. The context is very different.
    LOL. Of course. I knew this was going to happen BWAHHAHAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    But yet they still won't put metal detectors and atleast 1 Armed Police officer required in schools...

They put them in the high crime area's like Detroit and Chicago years ago to stop gang violence. (both have had them for 10-15+ years.) and you know what everything else might be getting shot in those cities but schools ain't.
    Because they shouldn't fucking have to. Seriously, why the hell is this such a hard thing to figure out. If you have a giant fucking leak in your roof, you don't hire someone to stand under the leak with a bucket, and monitor the leak each time it rains to keep the leak from ruining your furniture. YOU FUCKING FIX THE LEAK.

Why is the answer to the American gun problem to do everything humanly possible to mitigate the symptoms, but never fix the fucking problem?
    Last edited by Surfd; 2018-02-21 at 01:07 PM.

Again so what? Tackling violence at it's roots is far more effective than trimming its branches.
    One Step at a time, Tackling Gun Violence is just a stepping stone in the right direction.

Of course you knew the cultural differences between the UK and the US were going to be brought up when comparing the two?
    You know this discussion is just going to lead to the second amendment ROFL.

We need stricter regulations! Who is selling the kids guns?! /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    The question is whether this kid was a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun. He was a bad guy in that he illegally brought a gun to school. But he was a good guy in that he took himself (the bad guy) out.

It's one for the philosophers I guess.
    "How can you hate the guy, he's the man who killed Adolf Hitler!"

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Deleted
    Where do you live i'll look up the rates. I mean if you live in a country in which income disparity is small and crime in general is low then yeah you're going to have less crime so you're not going to be comparable to the US. There are a huge variety of factors that lead to violence, but the fact is, crime and poverty go hand in hand.

America needs to address a plethora of issues, gun control isn't going to solve their problem with violence.
    Netherlands! I am seriously curious where you come up with. But most numbers scaled to a X amount of inhabitants, so it does not matter if you have 17 or 170 million etc

It's a band-aid on a gushing wound. Tackling gun violence in the US by introducing gun control is asking for more violence. Do you know how many people will fight to the death for their right to own guns? (it's a lot, it's a very ingrained part of their culture).
    Again one step at a time, why can't you just accept that?

The right to bear arms is a relic of when they had to kill British people for their right to be independent from the monarchy. To be quite fair many of them tried passive or non-violent resistance. It just wasn't going to work.
    LOL.

Ofc, you live in a country with a decent attitude towards poverty and equality. No wonder your crime rates are low.

Yes they are scaled, but i'm taking into account rates of poverty and how bad income disparity is.
    Funny you're trying to make this into a Poverty Issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a band-aid on a gushing wound. Tackling gun violence in the US by introducing gun control is asking for more violence. Do you know how many people will fight to the death for their right to own guns? (it's a lot, it's a very ingrained part of their culture).
    I mean, we're cool with kids being killed for the right, why not adults too?

USA has more school shootings in a month than the rest of the civilized world in a year.

I know USA citizens have gotten used to having guns but as hard as that is to believe it is possible to live without guns around your belts and in your homes.

Or at the very least there are ways to improve regulation and gun control so your children stop slaughtering each other in droves.

Because if you're taking a step in the wrong direction it's not going to do anything at all.Gun control is going to create so much hostility it's going to be counter productive, we need to address things like poverty and income disparity in the US first. We need to make people feel safe enough that they wont want guns.
    Yeah so make good gun control laws that aren't counter productive. You're Income Disparity talk is a different subject.

LOL?? Do you want to fix this or do you want to berate Americans for being barbaric?
    LOL you're the one berating them ROFL.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not trying to make it into a singular issue at all. In fact most of what i've said has suggested it's more complex than being a singular issue.
    LOL you're asking for a Cure-all it aint going to happen.

Baby Steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    Netherlands! I am seriously curious where you come up with. But most numbers scaled to a X amount of inhabitants, so it does not matter if you have 17 or 170 million etc
    Netherlands is at 0.58 per 100k according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate
    USA sits in the 11th spot, with 10.54, or roughly 10x your numbers.

So if he had slit his wrists, hanged himself or over dosed no one would have really cared. But because he shot himself OMG GUNS ARE BAD GET RID OF GUNS
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    So if he had slit his wrists, hanged himself or over dosed no one would have really cared. But because he shot himself OMG GUNS ARE BAD GET RID OF GUNS
    Isn't the point of Gun Control to reduce Gun Violence?