Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Sunken Temple: Half the instance is chasing around green lights and snake heads to summon a boss.
    Dire Maul as a whole.
    LBRS.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Surprised at how many people mention Dire Maul. They're the "newest" of the Vanilla dungeons, and much more tuned and interesting than anything else in Vanilla. All 3 will probably always be my favorites. But then again, I also love BRD.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Surprised at how many people mention Dire Maul. They're the "newest" of the Vanilla dungeons, and much more tuned and interesting than anything else in Vanilla. All 3 will probably always be my favorites. But then again, I also love BRD.
    I love BRD and Dire Maul was great, especially the Ogre side had different styles to clear it.

But the other wings still had their other different unique parts like summoning class mounts, recipe for run tun tubers, felcloth, thorium veins at the end.

BFD just had no interesting theme at all, and was out of the way for Alliance so I place it even lower then Maraudon (I liked the giant/hydra maraudon wing, Earthsong falls). SFK and Deadmines were just much better around the same level range.

Only reason to go to BFD was to get a paladin hammer quest item from trash mobs outside.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-20 at 11:49 AM.

Gnomeregan..Ragefire Chasm to name a couple. Both a huge step down from something like Deadmines. I generally find all the higher level instances pleasing though. Parts of BRD are boring though.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was something magical about vanilla dungeons. Not sure if its just the nostalgia speaking, but I really liked much of the design choices. Maraudon was huuuge and overwhelming therefore it also felt more epic. Same for many places such as DM, BFD etc.

One place I didn't like however was Gnomeregan. Horrible, horrible place.

Uldaman for sure.. it was far away and confusing as hell.

Stockade was a bit dull. As was the Chasm.
    I loved most of the other instances, a shame they reduced some of them to absolutely nothing.
    I especially hate what they did to the Sunken Temple and to the Blackrock instance (UBRS+LBRS).

Exploring was fun--but I'll give you that some people seem to be able to get lost anywhere. Fortunately I cannot relate :P
    And how could anyone get lost in the Sunken Temple? It's layout was outright simplistic. I could draw it from memory right now.

I loved them all!!!

I have to vote Wailing Caverns, based on the number of bugs. Spawns trapped in floors or getting hit by invisible enemies.

For immersion, I loved the giant instances, especially when you could 'get a little lost' because there were more hallways, mobs, and hidden spots than was required.
    It only made the instance feel more real because it was not a linear path.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Stockade was a bit dull. As was the Chasm.
    I loved most of the other instances, a shame they reduced some of them to absolutely nothing.
    I especially hate what they did to the Sunken Temple and to the Blackrock instance (UBRS+LBRS).

Exploring was fun--but I'll give you that some people seem to be able to get lost anywhere. Fortunately I cannot relate :P
    And how could anyone get lost in the Sunken Temple? It's layout was outright simplistic. I could draw it from memory right now.
    But can you remember the statue order? That would be boss.

in my server was very hard to find or to form a decento group for LBRS or Dire Maul, so these are my choices. UBRS was very fun, i remember that i got +skining skill knife and when i killed that big dog for the second time i got an epic scale skining him and with the gold i bought BC later

Deleted
    Honest opinion I hated all of them and did my best to avoid it unless there was a specific item I needed. Every single one had a horrible fault that ruined the whole place.

Some looked like they were rushed and half arsed. Outher's had serious over thinking like the designer just went nuts with the tool kit and tried to re create the labyrinth of crete ugh tbc and wotlk were massive improvements to dungeon design Imo

The first 2 wings(forgot the colors) of Maraudon for sure. Princess runs were fun though

BRD by a long shot. I loath that place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike the following (still do):
    - Wailing Caverns
    - Blackfathom Deeps
    - Maraudon! (Hate this)
    - Dire Maul!!! (HATE THIS)

I truly love Blackrock Spire, Blackrock Depths, Scholomance and Stratholme
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Mauraudon, groups usually fell apart as people gave up trying to find the place.

It's the only one which has no redeeming qualities for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Kind of hard to choose. BRD, Maraudon and Uldaman were all too big and too confusing to navigate. I hate them all.
    None of those were even remotely hard to navigate. Hell, pretty much the ONLY dungeon in all of Vanilla that was difficult to navigate was Sunken Temple, and that was only because of how similar all the nearly symmetrical hallways looked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Are you thinking Uldum, maybe? Where Harrison Jones is, and you go through the ancient temple?

I'm talking about the one with the head-height cave network and a bunch of troggs. The place you could never finish because each person had a quest for some other, optional part of the dungeon (hell, half my groups didn't even know there was a second half). The one where you'd fight your way into a cave area, only to realize it dead ends at a quest you don't have.
    The biggest problem with Uld was the level spread. There was literally a 10 or 12 level spread between the beginning and the end of the dungeon. It was entirely possible to get in a group for the place where you would end up unable to even HIT the enemies half way in because the started to end up so much higher level than you were.

Blackrock Depths was the worst of the worst. It was so enormous that it was split into what 4 wings on the group finder? Everyone wanted to skip the majority of the dungeon and rush right to the end. There was a shortcut that was eventually fixed where you could jump out the window and kill Incendius then jump into the lava and quickly access either MC attunement or the Emperor's gauntlet.

Stockades probably

it's just so dull and....irrelevant

10+ Year Old Account
    BRD with a bad group was the worst...

15+ Year Old Account
    Maraudon hands down was the worst instance especialy if you needed to farm it for nature resistance gear second for me is Dire maul because i had to farm it over and over for Quel'Sarrar...
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Wailing Caverns.
    Sure the place has good loot and a number of quests, but that's also the curse of the place.
    You're gonna do it on every character whether you want to or not cause the gear is that good, and it has to give gear that good otherwise no one would have the patience.
    You can just ignore stockades since it doesn't give much of anything.