Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    It's absolutely crazy the difference between the stats. The number of massacres we've had in Australia since the Port Arthur massacre in 1996 (So 22 years) is about the same as in America in the last month.
    The population difference is incredible. Enforcing a ban on guns in Australia is quite easier than doing so in the US. Doing that here would turn half the country into Waco.

It also depends on how you count these incidents because depending on your source or definition these numbers vary drastically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Because the more issue gets pushed to outlaw them, the more people are going to impulsively purchase them in hopes to defend themselves or be grandfathered into ownership.
    Which inevitably leads to "responsible gun owners" getting their newly purchased cache of firearms and ammunition stolen, directly helping violent criminals in the process.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    If the school had had a security guards, the criminal wouldn't made it past the gates, as he had no valid pass and had a big metal gun.
    My high school years are well behind me, but man, passing through a metal detector to go to school every day? what kind of dystopian society is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    My high school years are well behind me, but man, passing through a metal detector to go to school every day? what kind of dystopian society is that?
    It's the FREE society with the ultimate tools of FREEDOM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gives you a good glimpse of the mental state of certain slice of the gung-ho 2nd Amendment supporters. They're run by emotions.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The US and its fetishism of guns...

Until the idiotic murican's get rid of the idea that the 2nd amendment of the US constitution some how applies to them in 2018, even though it was written at a time some 250 years ago, when society was vastly different to what it is now, these horrific crimes will continue to happen, but then any sane person would already know that, the NRA only care about one thing, they couldn't care less about the hundreds or thousands of innocent children and adults that have been murdered as a result of archaic laws.

Why is anyone surprised? there would be a similar rush for any commodity if there are talks to ban its sales whether it's cigarettes or purple tinted soup bowl.

You guys in the US need to really tighten up your background checks and regulation.

Here in Israel you can posses a firearm but only if you work in a dangerous line of work or you're a high rank army veteran, you must go through frequent psychiatric evaluation, medical examination (eyes) and only then you can receive and renew your license and all of those cost money to go through, along with an annual limit of 50 cartridges that you cannot renew until the following year, the only place you can practice without hindering your ammunition limit is at a controlled environment aka gun ranges.

tons of guns around but aside from terrorist attacks with firearms and some criminals who kill each other you pretty much don't hear about shootings here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But handguns do kill more people that rifles do. Far more.
    Collectively, yes. But I'm talking about massacres, not 'gun deaths'.

Not to mention the handguns are capable of fire the same caliber of ammunition at the same rate.
    With the same amount of bullets per clip?

Look at Vegas and the bumpstock debacle. You can replicate that mechanism with a regular waist belt with the trade off of precision.
    Yes, which means there's a better chance that people might survive being shot at over a distance.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    Until the idiotic murican's get rid of the idea that the 2nd amendment of the US constitution some how applies to them in 2018, even though it was written at a time some 250 years ago, when society was vastly different to what it is now, these horrific crimes will continue to happen, but then any sane person would already know that, the NRA only care about one thing, they couldn't care less about the hundreds or thousands of innocent children and adults that have been murdered as a result of archaic laws.
    This is a 1776 gun

3 to 4 round a minute depending how skilled you are at reloading.

The forefathers didn't have a M16 or AK47 with high capacity magazine in mind when writing the 2nd amendment. And certainly not have a killer mowing through dozens of 6 years old elemetary schoolers too.

Yes, which means there's a better chance that people might survive being shot at over a distance.
    You are never really meant to use automatic fire over great distance anyways. The spray is too big even without a wobbly stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    This is a 1776 gun

3 to 4 round a minute depending how skilled you are at reloading.

The forefathers didn't have a M16 or AK47 with high capacity magazine in mind when writing the 2nd amendment. And certainly not have a killer mowing through dozens of 6 years old elemetary schoolers too.
    You were also highly likely to have your property raided by either bandits or native americans on a regular basis so the right defend yourself made sense 250 years ago.

In a modern society today that risk is no longer there, and you can bang on about terrorists all you like but your more likely to be struck by lightning that actually die to a terrorist attack As horrific as they are. As it stands I do not believe that guns belong in modern society and the general public should not be allowed to own one. Most western societies have already abolished them to great success, it is only America that seems to be lagging behind common sense.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump Jr: Hey dad, I've invested a load of your money in gun companies, if there was any panic buying then the empire I'm running in your absence will make a "killing" heh.

Trump Sr: Somebody tell me how to spell regulation damnit, I need to tweet something!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You are never really meant to use automatic fire over great distance anyways.
    I didn't say great distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Which inevitably leads to "responsible gun owners" getting their newly purchased cache of firearms and ammunition stolen, directly helping violent criminals in the process.
    So, criminals comitting criminal acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Basically grown men acting like kids. They get really emotional when parents threaten to take their toys away. Emotional buyers are suckers for impulse purchases.

Every shooting I get some hysteria adverts from local dealers. Its like clockwork, more so than the tax rebate sales.
    It's why the NRA wants shootings to happen. Dead kids are good for business. Its disgusting

Collectively, yes. But I'm talking about massacres, not 'gun deaths'.

With the same amount of bullets per clip?

Yeah, with the same size magazines. So, handguns should be legal and longarms not? That's hysterical.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, criminals comitting criminal acts.
    True, but in a country of 330M people and what? 350M privately owned guns, that's a lot of chances for something to go wrong. There is a lot of low hanging fruit here.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Every time there is a mass shooting you see this story about an increase in sales in the news. You'd think that after say... the third mass shooting everyone who wanted an AR15 would have one.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    You were also highly likely to have your property raided by either bandits or native americans on a regular basis so the right defend yourself made sense 250 years ago.

In a modern society today that risk is no longer there, and you can bang on about terrorists all you like but your more likely to be struck by lightning that actually die to a terrorist attack As horrific as they are. As it stands I do not believe that guns belong in modern society and the general public should not be allowed to own one. Most western societies have already abolished them to great success, it is only America that seems to be lagging behind common sense.
    It depends on where you live. I don't think that the chance of your property being burglarized or trespassed upon is any different.