Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    Until the idiotic murican's get rid of the idea that the 2nd amendment of the US constitution some how applies to them in 2018, even though it was written at a time some 250 years ago, when society was vastly different to what it is now, these horrific crimes will continue to happen.
    The two things I find really amusing about it is, firstly a lot of them act like it's heresy to even question the constitution, but the mere fact it has 27 amendments means it's neither infalible or uneditable. Hell until it was edited for the 13th time it was legal for Trump to own Obama lol.

Secondly, a lot of them say their right to own assault rifles helps protect them from the potential threat of government tyranny/oppression, well Iraq and Libya had tanks, missiles and air forces and they couldn't do **** against the US military.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Of course. Like I have said before, while Obama was President, the sales of guns skyrocketed out of fears of what he may do to restrict their use. He did more to help the firearm industry than any President.
    That hardly speaks well of the intelligence of gun owners, it just means you were easily duped by propaganda that, as hindsight shows us, turned out to be absolutely false and ended up flushing heaps of money down the drain in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The two things I find really amusing about it is, firstly a lot of them act like it's heresy to even question the constitution, but the mere fact it has 27 amendments means it's neither infalible or uneditable. Hell until it was edited for the 13th time it was legal for Trump to own Obama lol.

Secondly, a lot of them say their right to own assault rifles helps protect them from the potential threat of government tyranny/oppression, well Iraq and Libya had tanks, missiles and air forces and they couldn't do **** against the US military.
    Well I think the belief is that most of the military and police, being good patriotic right wingers, would rather side with the gun owners than follow orders, and honestly there's probably some truth to that. However, in that case then, I'm not sure exactly why they would need the guns in the first place, to shoot up a bunch of limp wristed yuppies and academics I guess?
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2018-02-21 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    True, but in a country of 330M people and what? 350M privately owned guns, that's a lot of chances for something to go wrong. There is a lot of low hanging fruit here.
    Agreed, but there are things like firearm safety education is necessary. And usually recommended or necessary in states where the laws are more lenient.

Oh America, please catch up with the rest of the developed world.

Not everything is about guns, bald eagles and yelling FREEDOM (which you are clearly not free).

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Every time there is a mass shooting you see this story about an increase in sales in the news. You'd think that after say... the third mass shooting everyone who wanted an AR15 would have one.
    Why are people continuously buying guns though? It's not like food, you eat it and shit it out. Guns are supposed to last i suppose. Why are Americans producing and buying more and more guns? what are they doing with the old ones? are guns being disposed like cars? Is there gun scrapyards like car scrapyards?

All the gun shit is about money not lives, it always has been. It is not about protecting anything, it is about money. Guns were made for war and killing humans and there is no other reason to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Every time there is a mass shooting you see this story about an increase in sales in the news. You'd think that after say... the third mass shooting everyone who wanted an AR15 would have one.
    Reminds them to stock a second one so they'll be well armed to fight against the authorities taking away their guns in post-gun control world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Because handguns aren't designed to kill a massive amount of people at long range in a short period. Look at the numbers of massacres performed by rifles vs handguns.
    handguns account for nearly 85% of all homicides.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Great, lets train kids to use guns so they can aim better in future shootings.

You clearly didn't think this through.
    Arm the teachers and arm the kids so they can all be the good guys with a gun when a shooter appears!

'Murica.....The land of the freaks and the home of depraved
    Last edited by Ozzyorcborne; 2018-02-21 at 02:41 PM.

Just people reacting to perceived changes in the market. Don't forget that guns are also a great way to invest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Well, there are over 300 million guns in the US and millions of very passionate people about keep those guns - I'd rather live in that world to but we don't, we have to accept the world for what it is.

Quite fitting

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Just people reacting to perceived changes in the market. Don't forget that guns are also a great way to invest.
    how so? do they gain value as they age, like wine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post

Quite fitting
    Considering it's a FPS, i'm not sure about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its all by design. Shooting happens, government says its not going to do anything, so you guy out and arm yourself for insurance. Moreso they say the contributing factor is mental illness, nothing to do with lax gun laws...thus smearing a diverse population that can come out say not all of them are homicidal manicas becausw the NRA has done a good job of conditioning people that they are.

All mass shooters are sick fucks, doesnt mean they werent of should mind like the most of us. The NRA want people to believe these are functioning lunatics, not people who knews 100% what they were doing. Hell, enough to exploit their states gun laws to amass arsenals.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Every citizen should be allowed to build or purchase nuclear weapons as well. After all, nuclear warheads don't kill people, people kill people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    If more students at that school had guns, they would have been able to stop the attacker!
    ya . the 6 and 7 yer olds at Sandy Hook should have been packing AR-15s

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    how so? do they gain value as they age, like wine?
    I wouldnt invest in guns expecting to get rich but they maintain their value fairly well if well kept. AR15 arent exactly unique so thats a con. If you buy and sell at the right time there is money to be made. If they get banned the price will be through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Why? The shooter wasn't trained - it doesn't seem outlandish to think maybe someone with a gun could have taken him out and far reduce the number of deaths. This is coming from a pro-gun control guy
    Or more likely they would panic and shoot the wrong people or get shot by police tha responded. Sure in the very rare case that a highly trained person is around a shooting they could save the day but i am more inclined to believe that things would get more chaotic and cause more deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Every citizen should be allowed to build or purchase nuclear weapons as well. After all, nuclear warheads don't kill people, people kill people.
    i really wish our forefathers had the insight for the Right to bear Warheads

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I wouldnt invest in guns expecting to get rich but they maintain their value fairly well if well kept. AR15 arent exactly unique so thats a con. If you buy and sell at the right time there is money to be made. If they get banned the price will be through the roof.
    If they are banned, selling them is illegal. You are talking black market.

If i were to cross the line and become a criminal, i would rather sell cocaine or heroin. Lighter, easier to conceal, easier to sell and always in demand.