10+ Year Old Account
    More on the Kushner-Kelly drama: Kushner is pushing specifically for the right to read the daily intelligence briefing. Without a clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    #37, "Democrat Linda Belcher triumphed in a special election on Tuesday night in a deep-red Kentucky district where President Trump previously won by a whopping 50-point margin. Belcher defeated Republican Rebecca Johnson 68 percent to 32 percent— an 86-point swing from the 2016 presidential election result."
    To be fair, there were child molestation accusations involved here too. Belcher was running against the wife of the pedo who killed himself who previously held the seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    More on the Kushner-Kelly drama: Kushner is pushing specifically for the right to read the daily intelligence briefing. Without a clearance.
    If that ain't fucking obvious something is going on I don't know what is. Like Kushner is acting like a villain in a kids movie where he's trying to tear down the park and wants to know all the secret info.

How is ANY of this okay with anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Trump Jr. says that it's "nonsense" to think that the family is profiting from the presidency.

Yeah, because he and his family are so trustworthy. By the way, how often does Trump go to his properties and how much do we pay to make that happen each time so he can make a profit?

Off topic, but he has an incredibly punchable face.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post

Trump Jr. says that it's "nonsense" to think that the family is profiting from the presidency.

Yeah, because he and his family are so trustworthy. By the way, how often does Trump go to his properties and how much do we pay to make that happen each time so he can make a profit?

Off topic, but he has an incredibly punchable face.
    As he goes to india to give an official foreign policy talk and sell property and access to the president's son.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sadly I do...because he has kids. I know this, because he proudly proclaimed that his daughters first word was "butter" while standing in front of a cow made of butter.
    you can have a kid without having sex. All you need to do is to declare the new born as your child, regardless on who impregnated your wife.

Sure, it's not af if they're in the administration due to nepotism... oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sure, it's not af if they're in the administration due to nepotism... oh wait...
    Part of the "blind trust" BS was them not being part of the administration. So glad that's remained true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    As he goes to india to give an official foreign policy talk and sell property and access to the president's son.
    Let's not rule out 666 5th Ave either.

- - - Updated - - -

With Gowdy retiring, the GOP and their majority need someone to chair the House Oversight Committee. The role of the HOC is, basically, keeping an eye on how the laws are being enforced. That's why, for example, six days ago they send this follow-up letter to Kelly asking for a list of everyone who still doesn't have their security clearance yet. It's part of the system of checks and balances.

Gowdy has already announced his retirement. This is the list of GOP Reps who have pushed for the about-to-be-vacated chairman role:

That's right: nobody. One of the more powerful seats in DC and nobody in the GOP wants it.

Not a single GOP lawmaker has launched a bid to replace retiring Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) as chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, the panel with investigatory powers over the Trump administration.

The lack of interest in the gavel underscores how politically tricky and toxic many Republicans view the job.

Most Republicans have no desire to lead a committee whose central charge would be investigating a Republican administration — particularly one led by the volatile President Trump, who strikes back fiercely at critics.

Former Oversight Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) decided shortly after Trump took office it was better for him to quit Congress than to face pressure to investigate a Republican-run White House. Now Gowdy, less than a year into his chairmanship, is following Chaffetz out the door.

No one is throwing their hat in the ring for Gowdy’s chairmanship “probably because it’s a Republican president,” conceded Rep. Dennis Ross (R-Fla.), a member of the panel.

When pressed by The Hill, Ross, a senior deputy whip who’s close to leadership, said he would “seriously consider” a bid for Oversight chairman given Gowdy’s decision to leave Congress.

But until now, Ross had not publicly discussed his plans and has not made any final decisions. The Florida Republican also seemed to suggest that, as chairman, he would be more focused on the “government reform” aspect of the committee rather than launching high-profile congressional probes into the Trump administration.

“We’ve got a lot of reforms we need to address, including postal reform. Postal is something that needs to be taken care of. I chaired that subcommittee six years ago,” Ross said in an interview just off the House floor. “You don’t have to always have investigative hearings, [though] that’s a component of it.”

After Chaffetz resigned from Congress last summer, Rep. Steve Russell (R-Okla.) unsuccessfully challenged the better-known Gowdy for the Oversight gavel. When contacted by The Hill, Russell said in a statement he “remain[s] interested in the chairmanship,” though he is low on the seniority food chain and appears to be hanging back for now.
    Based on what we're seeing, overseeing Trump's practices -- the lack of security clearances seem to be high on that list, but they're hardly alone -- would put any GOP member into a tight spot. It appears impossible to fulfill the role, without challenging Trump on his inability to do the job.

Based on what we're seeing, overseeing Trump's practices -- the lack of security clearances seem to be high on that list, but they're hardly alone -- would put any GOP member into a tight spot. It appears impossible to fulfill the role, without challenging Trump on his inability to do the job.
    GOP, the side of spineless cowards that can't call out Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey check it out, Comey's back in court. Suing the State Department for advertising the Mar-a-Lago on their official site.

Hey check it out, Comey's back in court. Suing the State Department for advertising the Mar-a-Lago on their official site.
    Except he's not. It's an acquaintance of Comey's. lol

Try being less ridiculous.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-va-pur...cretary-815010

So apparently the VA secretary that used taxpayers dollars to take his wife on a European vacation was given the green like to "purge subversive staff".

Because this isn't fucking terrifying to anyone who is concerned about the rise of authoritarian governments or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    GOP, the side of spineless cowards that can't call out Trump.
    Some of them are. Namely, the ones that are retiring and have nothing to lose.

House Oversight Committee Chair Gowdy for example. He just attacked EPA head Pruitt over the "everyone gets to fly first class all the time" blanket waiver. Gowdy points out, correctly, that "people in coach are mean to you" is not a disability.

Some of them are. Namely, the ones that are retiring and have nothing to lose.

House Oversight Committee Chair Gowdy for example. He just attacked EPA head Pruitt over the "everyone gets to fly first class all the time" blanket waiver. Gowdy points out, correctly, that "people in coach are mean to you" is not a disability.
    Naw, he's still a piece of fucking shit. He cried about facts not mattering in government after years of pointless, partisan investigations led by him because he didn't like the facts that they uncovered and wanted different ones.

Literally never praising Gowdy, Flake, Corker, Romney, or any of the other cowards who occasionally say reasonable things and then go back to being spineless pieces of shit the next minute, especially when they have histories of being spineless, partisan pieces of shit.

Naw, he's still a piece of fucking shit. He cried about facts not mattering in government after years of pointless, partisan investigations led by him because he didn't like the facts that they uncovered and wanted different ones.

Literally never praising Gowdy, Flake, Corker, Romney, or any of the other cowards who occasionally say reasonable things and then go back to being spineless pieces of shit the next minute, especially when they have histories of being spineless, partisan pieces of shit.
    Have to agree. McCain seemed pretty sensible most of the time, but when it really mattered he still folded like a cheap suit. The only ones fighting back are either retiring or leaving for some reason and still in the mean time they don't fight back in any meaningful way. I've seen jellyfish with more spine than some of these people.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ile/358219002/

Trump Jr. continues to do his best to prove that he's truly the dumbest of the Trump boys.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ile/358219002/

Trump Jr. continues to do his best to prove that he's truly the dumbest of the Trump boys.
    If only the whole Trump family could take a vow of silence.

Melania Trump's parents have obtained their green cards. Immigration experts say it was likely through "chain migration," which President Trump has fought to end. https://t.co/IzAv3y8yE3
    https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/966572781264654337

It's been discussed and there was a thread. I chuckle at Trumpkins supporting a hypocrite.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

It's been discussed and there was a thread. I chuckle at Trumpkins supporting a hypocrite.
    Trump is quite literally the living incarnation of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

It's weird that they even bother going that far. Why not go to the point where melenia herself was an illegal immigrant who illegally worked on her tourist visa.