Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lore (new and retconed) aside - in my opinion nightelves have the most coherensive social cultural background of all races in wow.

The art, the story, the druidism, celtic symbols, the abandonment of arcane magic, this whole treehugger pocahontas middle earth mix, is just perfect.
    Taurens on the other hand, are FOR ME (!!!), not for everyone, just cows that dress up like indians.
    Indians never had druids! They have shamans! And that is the point where some might feel "Meh, this does not fit".
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Head canon tells me all druids bound their hearthstone to moonglade the second bfa was announced and they are now sitting at the lake fishing for the next two years.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Lore (new and retconed) aside - in my opinion nightelves have the most coherensive social cultural background of all races in wow.

The art, the story, the druidism, celtic symbols, the abandonment of arcane magic, this whole treehugger pocahontas middle earth mix, is just perfect.
    Taurens on the other hand, are FOR ME (!!!), not for everyone, just cows that dress up like indians.
    Indians never had druids! They have shamans! And that is the point where some might feel "Meh, this does not fit".
    And the chinese didn't have shamans. Just because a race has it's root in something doesn't mean it's lore is limited to that. I mean Worgen are based on victorian britts. But British people aren't werewolves irl.

Also I think you mean native american. First nation, and indigenous peoples of north america, or Aboriginals also can work. This isn't about political correctness, this is about correctness. Native americans are not Indians. Indians are from the country of India in Asia. Native americans are the first human settlers of the continent of north america. 12,000 years ago. Dumbass Columbus thought he was in a region called the Indies which is southeast asia.
    Last edited by serendipity11; 2018-02-08 at 08:25 AM.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Well for starters, we still don't know the full story of how Teldrassil unfolds.

From broadcast text datamined today, it's obvious the horde sieges the tree, but nothing relating to burning it down as a goal yet.

I'm still hedging my bets on it being an accidental side effect of azerite weaponry.

And druidism is much larger than just the circle.
    Would be a cool twist if Horde's initial intention was only to establish a small assault and the Alliance then accidentally triggered the fire as they tried to retaliate

5+ Year Old Account
    Trolls aren't 'druids' really, we are better than you Night Elf and your lackies. We discovered Druidism on our own with the help of our Loa. It's only game play convention that make us look like you pansies.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Trolls are short lived morons who eat each other and kill their loa when things get tough. Trolls are the scum of Azeroth.
    Says the people who hid in their tree house for 10,000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    It wasn't like Illegal for female night elves to be druids. It was just very uncommon. More became a thing after the battle for mount hyjal when the druids decided not to go back to sleep. There was one on the original warcraft intro. There was also male night elves warriors which were uncommon until all the way into cataclysm.

That being said. The tauren don't really support the use of plague and such. Deforestation is essential for creating town, and cities. It's all about finding balance. Which is what druids do. Malfurion has always been a dick so don't really care if he declares war on horde druids. Likely lore reason the cenarion circle breaks into 2 sub faction a horde and alliance version. Alliance lead by Malfurion, and Horde lead by Hamuul. Alternatively. Like the Agent Crusade they'll remain neutral despite the war and promote peace between the factions.
    Why should Hammul stand for destroying one of the most powerful source of Nature, World Tree? Him being ok with that is taking 180 turn on everything there is to be druid. Wild Gods should anihilate Horde for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    Would be a cool twist if Horde's initial intention was only to establish a small assault and the Alliance then accidentally triggered the fire as they tried to retaliate
    Its amazing. If people would catch Sylvanas with pants down, fucked by tentacles on Nzoth and screaming FOR THE OLD GODS they would try to rationalize it that Nzoth simply stumble and his tentacles simply fell down Sylvanas anus when she was changing pants.

No, but y'know how Blizzard works, they hate Night Elves and want to kick them in the guts all the time to make the Horde feel better about themselves. Not to mention how Night Elves suffer with the narrative on the Alliance side, being completely overshadowed but dumb human plot whenever it is about faction war. And when it isn't... they end up neutral, which goes back to the first point.

Y'know, I could understand Horde druids as its own thing, sorta like how Blood Knights were very different from Alliance paladins in BC, but Blizzard has dumbed down everything. Now it's just "EVERYONE IS GOOD, EVERYONE IS GREAT, INCLUDING THE HORDE WHO MURDERS EVERYONE!" everywhere you look. For example, Troll Druids make sense with the Loa and their culture, but they shouldn't have ever been related to the Cenarion Circle or Night Elves, ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    And the chinese didn't have shamans. Just because a race has it's root in something doesn't mean it's lore is limited to that. I mean Worgen are based on victorian britts. But British people aren't werewolves irl.

Also I think you mean native american. First nation, and indigenous peoples of north america, or Aboriginals also can work. This isn't about political correctness, this is about correctness. Native americans are not Indians. Indians are from the country of India in Asia. Native americans are the first human settlers of the continent of north america. 12,000 years ago. Dumbass Columbus thought he was in a region called the Indies which is southeast asia.
    Yeah, damn. I thought about that when typing... ofc I meant native americans! Must be my bad german english

Ofc, every "culture" in wow is a mix of culture from IRL. But what I meant was, imho, the nightelves have the most fitting mix of all races.
    And druidism just is everywhere. They live IN TREES you know?
    Tauren -> native americans -> shamanism
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2018-02-08 at 11:00 AM.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Do night elven druids even make sense anymore ? With gnome pollution as seen in gnomeregan and borean tundra ?
    Yes. They done actively kill a World tree and defile sacred forests.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    May have pissed off the Owl Man when Sylvanas burned down his tree?
    Owl man commeth (said Tyrande).

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Trolls are short lived morons who eat each other and kill their loa when things get tough. Trolls are the scum of Azeroth.
    Showing legitimate hate for a fictional race, wew lad.

Go outside.

The more "good" races in the horde havent made any sence since like tbc..... If blizz where smart they would have removed the factions long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    The more "good" races in the horde havent made any sence since like tbc..... If blizz where smart they would have removed the factions long ago.
    Ya but for some reason they get pleasure out of cutting their effective player bases in half with no real benefit to it. It segregates a player base from being able to to que for things faster or just have more people to do things with in general. Honestly it would be an amazing social experiment to see how much racism it would invoke, how many people would not want certain races in their parties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    Showing legitimate hate for a fictional race, wew lad.

Go outside.
    Most people joke I assume, however a lot of peoples reactions are probably reflections of their true mindset in reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just role play yourself as a "Horde sub-contractor" and you'll be fine

About as much as fighting the void lords as a void elf shadow priest will.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Yes. Especially since druidism has been part of tauren and troll cultures before Malfurion even knew there was an Emerald Dream.

The Cenarion Circle? Perhaps less-so than previous times.
    I thought Malfurion was the first druid, and druidsm a part of Troll and tauren cultures before Malfurion? Are you confusing wielding some nature spells as druidsm? Trolls could wield some arcane spells long before the night elves, yet they aren't accredited with being the first to learn magic.

The use of nature magic did not become the art or discipline it is till Malfurion started training with Cenarius.

Night elves and Tauren as far as I know were the only ones who were tutored by Cenarius in wielding magic to any high level. The loa spirits did not deign to teach the trolls at all, and only very recently led one of their priests to the art.

So I'm not sure I understand your statement. More confusing to me is why high, blood, nightborne even void elves aren't druids - if tauren and troll can be. Each of those elven races have shown a love for nature in more dedicated ways than the tauren and troll who've been more concerned with the elements than the forests, trees or animals - yet you look at every elven culture wielding nature magic, having dedicated botanists/druids/hunters - demonstrating a lot of plant love and animal love.

Their societies being arcane does not necessarily exclude or work against loving nature, the arcane boosts nature, and the entire culture does not need to want to live in the wild to have some of it's people, (like the botanists, hunters or naturists) to prefer to dedicate themselves to nature rather than anything else just like they have those who dedicate themselves to a deity or the light or to the arcane, as we've always had amongst the original elves.

We were never shown or told that the high elves abandoned a love of nature, their society was not different because they hated nature or didn't like it, but because unlike the other kaldorei, they would also use the arcane for spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya but for some reason they get pleasure out of cutting their effective player bases in half with no real benefit to it. It segregates a player base from being able to to que for things faster or just have more people to do things with in general. Honestly it would be an amazing social experiment to see how much racism it would invoke, how many people would not want certain races in their parties.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people joke I assume, however a lot of peoples reactions are probably reflections of their true mindset in reality.
    Oh I do hope the warn athropologists (SP?) before they anounce it, they can study that shit for years to come
    I'm all for ending the factions, not just for gemaplay, but for lore too. imagine the story possibilities!

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering new datamined text do Horde druids ok with killing wisps and bombing forests?

It is simple, the loyalty to the Horde overrides your loyalty to druidism.

In any case, Sylvanas is the legitimate ruler of the Horde and Warchief has the power of declaring/managing wars, as well as demanding unflinching loyalty from Horde members. At this point, no matter you likes her or not, she speaks for the Horde and she is the Horde categorically. As long as she still had the support of other horde leaders, as one of the Horde member, you better follow her order.

There would always be exceptions but I seriously believe most people would put Horde first. The only reasonable way to ignore her order is to remove her as the Warchief, for which you need to reach an consensus among the horde and start a rebellion.

Just like the knights from middle ages would fight each other when everyone are supposed to be the children of Christ, and many bishops would plot against Pope to serve their kings. And Second International tried to convince workers all over the worlds that they are brothers who should unite to oppose capitalists, then WWI came and the workers just followed the order of the capitalists who ruled their mother lands and fought each other in trench.