Poll: What do you think of no children allowed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Can we move to a child-free nation or city? Let's get this idea moving forward.
    I don't know Tijuana you may get your wish, it seems this is a theme that is catching more appeal not less. So it could be coming to a city or township near you.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I'm pro no children because the sooner our species dies out the better.
    I wish I could send you a hug or even some chocolate, because that is not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think it is more small children that are the issue, the ones where the parents let them run around like lunatics in public.
    That is a problem with bad parenting, not with children existing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

I think it is more small children that are the issue, the ones where the parents let them run around like lunatics in public.
    In that case, you deal with the parents that should be more responsible. Yeah I understand that kids crying can be annoying, but they're not that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm a mother so I'll have to go with a no on that. Considering I've actually made something worthwhile I don't feel I should be restricted whereas the childless could choose to live in either that community or mine.

I'd only be cool with it if there were areas the childfree types could never go as well. Though I guess that unfairly punishes the homosexual community who biologically can't.
    Children don't stay children though.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I don't know Tijuana you may get your wish, it seems this is a theme that is catching more appeal not less. So it could be coming to a city or township near you.
    Move to San Fran, it has very few children. Of course that may change once your all dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

It will be glorious. Peanuts, peace and quiet for everyone!

I think parents would be outraged and everyone else would be happy.

Sounds like a haven.

7+ Year Old Account
    Children don't stay children though.
    Make more Children? Or it's for those that made them and their families.

Mainly I am just "Fuck Childfree Redditors" kind of mood.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Pretty awesome, fuck kids.
    That sounds like advocating pedophilia.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    In that case, you deal with the parents that should be more responsible. Yeah I understand that kids crying can be annoying, but they're not that bad.
    Governments don't give a shit on how you raise your kids unfortunately, and it seems like schools don't either and if they do try to discipline them the parents go god fucking zilla on the school systems.

7+ Year Old Account
    Governments don't give a shit on how you raise your kids unfortunately, and it seems like schools don't either and if they do try to discipline them the parents go god fucking zilla on the school systems.
    That is why you homeschool. I personally don't think its a strangers job to smack my kids and I don't trust them to raise them either.

There are awesome parents out there today, and unfortunately they are the ones that get no credit because people only see the loud asshole kids and not the well behaved ones because they are not making a scene.

- - - Updated - - -

That is why you homeschool. I personally don't think its a strangers job to smack my kids and I don't trust them to raise them either.
    True, but I know parents that wanted to home school that should by no means be allowed to, so it is always a struggle.

Omg, you've heard of that sub? I used to frequent r/childfree for awhile because it was nice to see people with common mindset. Then I slowly started noticing how awful and toxic they can be, and I can't visit that place anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are awesome parents out there today, and unfortunately they are the ones that get no credit because people only see the loud asshole kids and not the well behaved ones because they are not making a scene.

True, but I know parents that wanted to homeschool that should by no means be allowed to, so it is always a struggle.
    I understand on some level the difficulty today of raising a child. Especially if both parents work and you must now depend on strangers to educated and basically raise your kids for you. It would be better if one parent could always be home and way more was done at home. Schools aren't parents. As both someone who was until giving birth a teacher and now a parent, I don't think schools should be the places to raise kids. Teachers aren't paid enough to be a surrogate mom or dad to 30+ kids, nor do teachers really have the right to raise these kids.

I think what we use the school for is WAY out of sync with what its purpose should be. School teachers aren't state funded moms and dads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    Omg, you've heard of that sub? I used to frequent r/childfree for awhile because it was nice to see people with common mindset. Then I slowly started noticing how awful and toxic they can be, and I can't visit that place anymore.
    r/childfree was r/incels before r/incels was a thing. It was a fucking toxic place, topped only by r/incels in a total cringe-inducing awfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Sort of already exist in Florida, you just have to be 55+. :P

I'm childfree, but you lost me with no pets. No way I'm living out the rest of my days without my furry companions. Frankly, the vast majority of rentals don't allow pets as it is (or make it prohibitively expensive). If you want to live somewhere pet free that's very easy to do, not so much when it comes to children.
    Yep, there are plenty of places with age requirements all over the place. I work with someone that lives at 55+ housing during the week and then flies his plane home every weekend just to be with his family.

Peace

I fully support such things on private property. Let the landowner decide who is allowed on his land.

10+ Year Old Account

I just mean child free communities wouldn't be off limits to children once they become adults was my only point. But I for sure understand your perspective on this, I am neither for or against it per say, I am ok with it, vs say some other kind of biological reality that isn't going to change, but it's very much an interesting trend as society begins to construct these kind of bubble communities.

No problem with it.