Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb I wish they'd bring back tabards

I remember in Cata you could purchase tabards after reaching a certain level of rep with a faction. Then when you did dungeons you got a little xp for each mob killed and little bit more for each boss killed. I really enjoyed doing those as it felt like I was making progress instead of waiting for the world quests to reset. I am a bit late to the Legion party so I am nowhere near all these people with the allied races. I wouldn't even mind if they gave 2 or 3 rep per mob, I just want to feel like I am making progress, not just waiting to do a few quests that give only 75 rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    I remember in Cata you could purchase tabards after reaching a certain level of rep with a faction. Then when you did dungeons you got a little xp for each mob killed and little bit more for each boss killed. I really enjoyed doing those as it felt like I was making progress instead of waiting for the world quests to reset. I am a bit late to the Legion party so I am nowhere near all these people with the allied races. I wouldn't even mind if they gave 2 or 3 rep per mob, I just want to feel like I am making progress, not just waiting to do a few quests that give only 75 rep.
    I took a break and came back because bfa had me all stirred up and low and behold to play a allied race you had to rep grind so here I am rep grinding

Imho they could rework all tabards to grant a small amount of reputation by killing a mob in relevant-level dungeon. 2-3 points wouldn't hurt and farming some new reps for people behind schedule is quite frustrating. I observe it in the guild - some of my friends dislike the Argus territory so much, they have backed out entirely after doing main questline, so when the req for reps to obtain Allied Races came out they were devastated. They had to girt their teeth and do the world quests which 90% of the people I talk to hate at this point.

Giving an alternate option for rep farming would be fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Tabards and fashion don't mix.
    except that you can hide them for free using transmog and still get the rep. or mog them to a different one...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I took a break and came back because bfa had me all stirred up and low and behold to play a allied race you had to rep grind so here I am rep grinding
    I am not saying we shouldn't rep grind or anything, it just feels shitty knowing it will takes weeks just to reach exalted because you have to wait for the quests to reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    i was kidding, obviously the buffs were cool. But gaining rep is much easier than it was, it's time gated but it's less of a grind. It depends on your preference.
    ohhhh ok. ha cool. you never know around here.

They need to bring back the MoP tokens that could be bought at revered and increased the rep all characters on your account gained with that faction.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Ya this would give a nice mid way goal for rep grinds too so it doesn't feel like you are just trucking through with nothing to show for it until the end.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    They need to bring back the MoP tokens that could be bought at revered and increased the rep all characters on your account gained with that faction.
    Very needed for secondary mains and alts, I don't know anyone who plays just one character anymore, most people have 2 they focus on for multiple purposes and professions that compliment each other.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not saying we shouldn't rep grind or anything, it just feels shitty knowing it will takes weeks just to reach exalted because you have to wait for the quests to reset.
    Oh no I'm with you I wish they had tabards for this because the grind is killing me but on the bright side all this trash killing is making my pockets fat!

I believe factions should require a bit more effort for Exalted than just putting on a tabard and spamming dungeons. And as for alts, I much prefer the concept of rep tokens.

I do however wish that they made tabards TRULY account-wide once the appearance has been gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I believe factions should require a bit more effort for Exalted than just putting on a tabard and spamming dungeons. And as for alts, I much prefer the concept of rep tokens.

I do however wish that they made tabards TRULY account-wide once the appearance has been gathered.
    Any of the major quest lines like the ones in Suramar should be completely skippable once done on a character but with none of the rewards given to you. Being able to opt out of the larger zone altering quest lines and not having rewards from it is a fair trade imo.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Scribes can make an item in BfA that changes/Adds another rep to World quests.

The entire idea of a rep "grind" is a sad holdover from older game design. It has no place in modern gaming. There's no reason for us to have to jump on a treadmill of pointless world quests solely for the purpose of bumping up a reputation bar. That reputation should all be gained via relevant questing that progresses the story. It's shameless padding and stretching of "content", no better than an outright time-gate.

The only circumstance where I'm ok with another rep grind is if there is an alternative, skill-based challenge to get past it immediately. Play well, or if you can't, then sink the time.

The idea was fun but they all look like clown outfits.............

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

The bolded, are they not? Do they require rep individually or? I am curious.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Tabard rep was never a good system. If you’re gaining rep doing what you’d already be doing then you aren’t really doing anything for the rep.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2018-02-21 at 09:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tabards were proberly the worst rep system Blizz ever made, because it is 100% passive. You just got exalted for playing content you would do anyway and most people had no more interaction with the factions than buying their tabards and then coming back for the exalted rewards, that is all. It makes the factions feel pointless.

So you might wish it was back, but then again, you would proberly also wish the faction reps werent there at all.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Eh, I understand their reasoning for going back to the old tabard rewarding system because they were originally prestige appearances meant to show off you busted your ass to exalted (Not that I give a shit about prestige these days).

What they need is an item with a reusable buff, lasts until canceled, that allows the player to "represent" a faction and all rep gains are applied to that faction and move forward. Or don't even make it an item, just remove all fucking pretense and make it a button you can press in the reputation menu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Yeah man I hate playing the game to, it's not fair
    I mean... Do you honestly think grinding up 49,000 points is 'playing' the game? That's... repeating endlessly content you've already done to satisfy the requirements of the game... You played the game when you did that content the first time. Maybe even the second time.

Granted, the original points of some games was infact just to gain arbitrary points. My point is, why are your desires so simplistic? Why are your desires for the game not to evolve? Seems a bit odd tbh, to want to do something like grind 49,000 points over and over again without anykind of substance or nuance between it, let alone interesting narrative, story or plot. That's so few and far between it hurts, physically.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    The bolded, are they not? Do they require rep individually or? I am curious.
    Many tabards are account-wide, but the ones requiring rep with a faction to wear tend to not be. It seems a bit arbitrary what tabards are useable by alts and not though, for example my alts can all transmog into the Argent Crusade tabard... <.<

I wish they'd remove the rep rules on items and tabards and just let us transmog once we unlock them, regardless of the character.