Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We run a 50/50 raffle weekly, never have issues and we never turn repairs off

We sell Mythic Antorus boosts. Only up-to 9/11 though since last 2 are considerably harder.

Can't remember exact prices for 9/11 boost, but probably like 3-4m

Selling heroic Antorus - you can easily fit up to 5 buyers and just keep it on personal loot. Mix the raid up with both your alts and mains - this way you get gold for boosting the buyers, your mains might get some TFs and your alts get some love too.
    BoEs should always go to guild bank
    Also try to cut your costs a bit - if you are just starting to progress on a new boss, maybe you dont really need a feast for the first 10 pulls unless you are immediatelly really close to a kill (individual food is very cheap so people can buy an extra few for raids)

Selling +15s is one of the best imo, price is usually 1 token or around 200k gold and people are happy to pay it especially for their alts. a +15 for a geared group takes 20 min or so, you can bank a few millions per weekend assuming you take a small cut out for each guildie boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Hot topic in my guild right now. We have a few debates happening about how to make gold for the guild bank.

We raid 2 nights a week and we are 5/11 Mythic, with a 3rd optional night to clear Heroic.

We are discussing options to make gold, and some include selling loot to alts, pugs, or forcing BoEs to be given to the bank to be sold. I'm personally in favor of selling gear to alts. It's a win/win situation. People's alts get geared with Heroic loot, and bank gets a big gold deposit.

What are other guilds doing to make some gold?
    If you raiding mythic people should be prepared to pay for their own mats, repairs etc. It's one thing to say free stuff but if you're wiping 50 odd times a night on a progression fight it's silly for people to expect the bank to fork out for everything. For example if your using cauldrons, we pop ours in hour 2 so they last the rest of the night. So hour 1 people bring their own. 1k limit on repairs etc. If you're set up for giving everyone everything and want to keep it that way, then start charging 1/3 of the current price for the the consumables.

As for the options you've discussed, forcing BoEs to the bank is a dated concept and one I've always hated it's a good way to piss off members, especially those who might not have the time to grind all week in preparation.

Charging alts is a ridiculous concept, if I said to my members I wouldn't get a turn out.

What you could do is take two pugs in at 50k a pop
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you everyone for the insight on your guild management methods! Really does help. This is my first time leading a guild in end game content in my 13 years of playing.

Selling BoEs and not supporting every lazy-as-fuck raider who won't bother to make their own stuff (potions and flasks) and/or donations.

We ask people to help out with herbs and stuff when our flask count gets lower. Some people just toss in gold. We sell BoEs on the AH when it's a thing. At this point we can get some people to buy into heroic runs or sell some 15s. But generosity always happens when we let people know repair money and flasks.

We just sell BoE's no one wants on the AH and people tend to donate gold fairly regularly, so no issues for us. But then we're a fairly close knit casual guild where all members have been playing together for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Hot topic in my guild right now. We have a few debates happening about how to make gold for the guild bank.

We raid 2 nights a week and we are 5/11 Mythic, with a 3rd optional night to clear Heroic.

We are discussing options to make gold, and some include selling loot to alts, pugs, or forcing BoEs to be given to the bank to be sold. I'm personally in favor of selling gear to alts. It's a win/win situation. People's alts get geared with Heroic loot, and bank gets a big gold deposit.

What are other guilds doing to make some gold?
    After a raid we take off our panties, put them in ziplock bags and sell them for gold.

Please visit our Patreon

10+ Year Old Account
    Question - why does your guild need a lot of gold?

If you pay for raider repairs, think about not doing that. After all, if you take a BoE from me that I'd have won and sell it am I really ahead? No. And people can easily pay for their own repairs off things like the gold missions on the OH boards. Same for flasks and potions.

So... why does a guild need a lot of gold? More to the point, why does your guild need a lot of gold?
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-02-21 at 09:39 PM.

Deleted
    Why would a guild bank need money though. All i can think of are repairs but whats the point of making money, depositing it and then using it instead of just using it yourself.

Doesn't it basically replenish itself if your guild is raiding and the players actually play the game? I know even in WotLK there was an outrage in my guild when our GM decided to stop funding repairs and consumables for progression raids, despite the bank overflowing with both gold and materials. But then he wasn't very charismatic and our officers just ignored him in this regard, so yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mandatory prostitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are selling a full Antorus clear on heroic every week with up to 4 boosted payers. Charge 400k per slot and we put it on personal loot, bank has never been healthier
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

They seem very rare this tier but even with personal loot in our guild raids we still manage to get a BoE epic to AH from time to time of heroic or better quality. We also have a great guild with people chipping in all the time. Yep a guild that is always supplying food, flasks, and repairs can actually make money.

You just got to have the members to pull it off.

Why does 5/11M guild gold at all?

You aren't skilled enough to warrant split runs and you don't raid enough days to warrant paying for your members potions and such. So... where is all this gold going? 2 days a week raiding with your 3rd being heroic where you don't need any consumables.

Tell your members to stop being lazy bums. If they can't make a few thousand gold to afford a couple flasks and a few dozen potions and food items then they're seriously slacking and i'd be looking into replacing those guys. Check their logs. Its always a major sign that someone who doesn't enchant their gear or use flasks is not just being lazy in that regard, but is being lazy in the way they play and researching their spec.

Replace them.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2018-02-21 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    We run a pretty laid back guild. We let everyone do what they want with their boe's. Some donate these to the guild bank and the last item we got sold for 380k. TF for the win.

When we have been running low in the past i have asked for volunteers to donate and if that has failed. I, as a guild master have bought tokens to sort out repair costs.

The last thing you want to do is as someone uptop here said. Charge a fee.
    Then make people use them or give it to the guild for repairs. Usually, people are pretty understanding about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Question - why does your guild need a lot of gold?

If you pay for raider repairs, think about not doing that. After all, if you take a BoE from me that I'd have won and sell it am I really ahead? No.
    I think he meant people were keeping BOEs they don't need and selling then on the AH to line their own pockets. Usually what I do is take the gear that they don't use and offer it up to other raiders. If no one needs it, I toss it up on the ah to benefit all raiders. If someone wants it for transmog or an alt I offer it at a discount and gbank the funds.

We sell the BOE's that won't be used on a main or if someone wants for alt they pay less than market price, we supply everything and the only thing we ask is if people do the bacon WQ if they have the time. 8/11m

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post

I think he meant people were keeping BOEs they don't need and selling then on the AH to line their own pockets. Usually what I do is take the gear that they don't use and offer it up to other raiders. If no one needs it, I toss it up on the ah to benefit all raiders. If someone wants it for transmog or an alt I offer it at a discount and gbank the funds.
    OK I can see that. But still... why should I not get the gold if I /roll and win a BoE? Why should the gold sit in the bank? IF the rationale is 'we're paying repairs' well... I can easily do that off the gold missions from the mission board. It's trivial to make 5-10k/week off that even casually on a single toon.

I can't think of any reason a guild needs tons of gold unless they're going to pay for crafted gear early on in BfA to get a jump on raiding... but this is a heroic guild that's 5/11 mythic. Serious but not cutting edge, so are they really going to do that?
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-02-21 at 11:30 PM.