Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    If you ever wonder where funding for mental health has gone.

Well, now you know!
    No, I don't. Because it was a private company funding it in Europe.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Thing is "my instagram followers went down by 10!" isn't the heart of the problem. That's just the manifestation of the deeper problem, which is an inability to self-validate and/or a major lack of validation in one's family. A therepist isn't going to sit there and brainstorm ways to get this kids instagram followers up, they are going to treat the real underlying issue that would be very clear if that is what someone at a therepy session is choosing to talk about. It's not just millennial that have these problems, it's just that the method of dealing with this problem is new and seems weird to us older folks. People have had problems with external validation since the dawn of civilation.
    Yeah, for those of us that are older, and realizing that alcoholism (which puts current days numbers in comparison, to an absolute shame) is often times an internal problem, manifesting through alcohol. You suddenly get a perspective into how many people of our time actually were quite badly off.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Hmm, your right, I think I was one generation up... was probably thinking of the Silent gen... though... I was born in 81, and still not quite sure if I'm GenX or Millenial... different sites say different things.
    The thing is there are two aspects of what generation you belong to. Part of it is when you were born, but the other part is what generation your parents belonged to. There's also some overlap, so the last of generation X was being born around the same time as the first of the millenials, hence the boat we find ourselves in (I was also born in 1981) with Boomer parents but the same social influences as the millenials.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    This is satire, right?
    Shhh, don't ruin the MMOChampion kiddies fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    When millenials were raised we already warned that it will become a weak generation with the participation trophy mentality and look what we have now. Not only weak but also mentally challenged.
    Yes, the same way every single member of gen X is a suicidal, nihilistic junkie and all of the Boomers are tripped out psychonauts engaging in drug orgies.

The only anxiety I get from avocado is the PRICE.

It costs a shitload and it just tastes like fancy butter. There are tastier things than avocado I could spend all those calories on. Although a good guacamole is pretty good and it's healthy fats.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Good thing I don't eat avocados because they're gross and taste like if butter was made out of lawn trimmings.
    The trick to a tasty avacoado is to fry them.

Edit: or smash them up with a bit of oil, salt, lime and chillie flakes. Maybe a bit of fresh corriander and finely sliced onion if you can be bothered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Do these "Researchers" use tax money?
    probably part of the 8k they took of my last year. but don't worry i now know that they know i get pissy when a delivery company docent give a specific 1hr window i can schedule around. something that wont get fixed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The trick to a tasty avacoado is to fry them.

Edit: or smash them up with a bit of oil, salt, lime and chillie flakes. Maybe a bit of fresh corriander and finely sliced onion if you can be bothered.
    Well, there is fried butter and I bet butter spread would be somewhat decent with oil, salt, lime and chillie flakes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Well, there is fried butter and I bet butter spread would be somewhat decent with oil, salt, lime and chillie flakes too.
    *googles it* oh my goodness there is such a thing as deep-fried butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    My mind won't be blown, because my arteries are from too much cholesterol.

Deleted
    How very middle class

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I am fine with absolutely every single one of them except butter. Butter is what you fry things in or coat fried things with, it is not a thing to be fried on its own. To me deep-fried butter makes as much sense as a bread sandwich.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, personally I like the "Oregon Trail Generation" : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Trail_Generation

The Oregon Trail Generation (also referred to as Xennials and Generation Catalano) is a term referring to those born during the Generation X/Millennials cusp years, typically late 1970s to early 1980s. It is named after the video game The Oregon Trail, the Apple II version of which was played by many American GenX/Millennial cuspers in their school computer labs.

Did you play the Apple IIe version?:

I didn't play that, don't think it was popular in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    My mind won't be blown, because my arteries are from too much cholesterol.
    I'd try a couple of them. I'll never purchase a fryer but I'm intrigued enough to try one or two of those once.

Quote Originally Posted by Indus Siebenschraube View Post
    Honestly, I don't get it. All these generations of blaming the younger generation to be stupid and lazy and all that. Nothing constructive learned from that and wasted "research".
    You forgot entitled, physically and emotionally weak, naive, and co-dependent.

Ahh... my school had this, Logo (which was an educational programming language) and a "Snoopy" game... It was pretty popular here...
    We had BBC micros (developed by the same BBC that makes Dr. Who) that had mostly number puzzles. The thing I remember most about them was a "turtle" program that let you make little scripts to create vector graphics. Later we had a machine called an RM Nimbus which had a train game, paint package and Worm which played just like the Snake game on Nokia phones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, ok I get it... the problem is the same across generations, but how they deal with it, or how it manifests, is different... ok I gotcha. I thought they were literally upset about instigram numbers.
    Its a very interesting phenomenon thats pretty much unheard of in human history of self validation and validation one gets from family and the people around them and beg the question is human society meant to grow as big as it is now I mean back way when when you were the son of a blacksmith thats what you become in todays world we can be everything we want provided that we have the means.

The turtle program was the "logo" program, looked like an arrow, that drew lines?
    Yeah loved that thing and the way it turned numbers in to pictures. Shame 6-year-old me didn't have enough foresight to turn that enjoyment into some sort of career path but I always saw it as just a really cool toy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh... my school had this, Logo (which was an educational programming language) and a "Snoopy" game... It was pretty popular here...
    Logo... was that the thing with the stupid turtle that you're program to draw/do stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

The turtle program was the "logo" program, looked like an arrow, that drew lines?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yeah loved that thing and the way it turned numbers in to pictures. Shame 6-year-old me didn't have enough foresight to turn that enjoyment into some sort of career path but I always saw it as just a really cool toy.
    Oh god it was.

I definitely didn't get kicked out of the lab once or twice for putting in the command for the turtle to draw a circle 100,000 times, on each computer in the lab, and then preventing it from breaking the command until done.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab