Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yesss new avatars for Battle.net!

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    i literally never realised this and now i feel like i missed out. i always thought you only get a single Blood.

I was wondering why those missions cost so much

Don't worry about it cause he got no idea. It's been 1800 order hall resources for 12 blood in case you used 3 of your followers(which pretty much limits the amount of other missions you can do). You had about 1 of those missions per day. You had to spend 9(or more if you didn't use three followers) of those blood back into resources to self sustain the mission. So you had 3 blood left for other stuff(if you played the mission with double cost or something like that you actually had a huge loss instead of a gain. So you always needed the right follower for it.). You can do the math yourself of how much gold you can make out of best case 3 blood of sargeras per day on your server(on mine it's like 300. So less than many WQs etc.)...but I can tell you that the 2k gold mission for very little resources is much, much, much better and with the right perks you do not need to leave the home station either cause you just auto finish certain order hall resource WQs.
    Don't get me wrong, it's been one of the better missions around...but that's just cause most other missions are not worth it anymore at this point. Artifacts are all powered up. We got most of the reputation cache mounts/toys/pets. Veiled argunite is useless cause ilvl is already too high. Rune buffs are cheap already and followers are quite maxed out(the chance for a legendary is not really worth it). Primal sargerite yields you up to 1250 gold if you trade it for empyrium and sell it in the AH....all that for 200-300 order hall resources. So in terms of making lots of gold, the gold mission and primal sargerite are much better than blood of sargeras. The only real advantage of blood of sargeras was that it was more than selfsustaining. Now it's quite useless(you are better off doing primal sargerite and then buying in AH whatever you would have bought for blood of sargeras. You get like 1200-1300 gold for both...but one costs 2400 and the other 200 order hall resources...quite a huge difference. 12 times as many resource WQ's for the same amount of gold.).
    Given how expensive the krokul followers are, order hall resources are a problem for any char that isn't running a bunch of resource WQ's every single day. So you are not going to spend those resources on some stupid 1to1 exchange mission...and Blizz could as well have done their other plan or right away disabled that mission. It's all the same in my book. The mission is dead.

I think that change happened due to two things:
    -First of all cause it may be that Blizz isn't capable of controlling some chinese server farms using 50 maxed out char accounts and autoscripts for farming those missions(congrats Blizz, you let them force you to make your game play worse again). Tho I ain't sure if it's really worth it...given that you gain 15000/day per account(with 50 maxed out chars)...and you need to pay around 300k for the monthly account token(by my server standards). So you net around 150k gold per month. That's around 5€ worth. You still need to buy the account, invest in levelling up, hardware and electricity. You'd need years before even reaching break even. in europe it definitely wouldn't be worth it.
    -And to force players to spend time on flying around for brainless order hall resource WQs(yay, that's content we ALL LOVE! NOT!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Welcome loot changes, but still slightly missing the mark for me. "If you have multiple players in the group, the loot will be split among those players, but be tradeable." Why? Just make it how it was. Stop forcing personal loot down our throats at every turn.
    Another thing that would be nice is if they'd just revert the changes and put the old system in place. Then we wouldn't have to wait until the expansion for them to implement a new system. The old one wasn't broken.
    Not all of it was personal loot. Only from Dragonsoul on. This will allow more drops to happen where drops were actually NOT HAPPENING AT ALL...because there was a very solid chance to just roll "gold" every time.

Guaranteeing two drops per player, plus trades is an improvement to the system, and makes it similar to all older raids (roughly, 4 pieces is less than what you get out of a 25man raid).

I'm personally okay with this change, it will make getting gear out of these raids much easier (for the most part, though there were a FEW adventages to personal loot for certain bosses/class combos). on the whole, one will get more gear from Dragonsoul and newer raids!

Let me add my voice to the level of stupidity that is making bloods cost 600 resources. I'd rather blow resources on things that BENEFIT me, especially since I'm doing LESS world quests as of right now and my resource generation is actually LOW. This was a stupid change, and considering half the time I have 2-3 blood quests, 1-2 epic quests that take too long for too little benefit, gearing-up quests that I don't need anymore, the ONLY quests I can really do are AP/gold/rep quests (and let's face it, we're all exalted with most of those reps at this point).

And that...sucks. At least bloods were giving me something to do with my crafting which I haven't touched since Nighthold because there was no point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock solo? Color me not impressed.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Amazing changes for Transmog farming.

Even if it's not personal loot anymore, 5 players worth of loot is so much better then 0-1 item... wow, thanks Blizz.

I already suggested a "solo loot mode" , and now they figured it out, when 10 levels higher then the dungeon/raid.

when the content is so boring you have to solo first raid bosses

Deleted
    We had the avatars in battle.net 2 months ago already but thanks for the news mmochampion.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeha they're gonna fix the transmog runs Ty Bliz!!! <3 <3 <3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Still no female goblin avatar... Why not just allow us to upload our own, if choices will be so shit?..
    Because people like me would upload pictures of their dick. Other people (lots of people) would upload copyrighted artwork without the rights to it. Blizzard might want to avoid any legal hassle dealing with that if artists start complaining.

Transmog changes are really good. They do actually listen to us, even if not always.
    Too bad that we have to wait until BfA though, but prepatch probably will bring this live before the launch.

Am I the only one who didn't even know you could choose an avatar on that thing?

Can we get armour class transmog account wide aka: Plate drops from my Lock run but it registers and my Pally can use it without having to run it also?

It's not really taking anything away from the game, just reducing the mog running a little

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Because people like me would upload pictures of their dick. Other people (lots of people) would upload copyrighted artwork without the rights to it. Blizzard might want to avoid any legal hassle dealing with that if artists start complaining.
    Uhm.. You know.. The avatar system is almost as old as the internet. And platforms like Steam allow the upload of avatars and don't seem to have any problem at all with the things you mentioned.

I don't like the legacy loot mode.
    Making it too easy to find transmogs = transmogs lose its value = less time needed to find transmogs = one less reason to play the game.

Or is the new and fresh "legacy loot mode" just the old "group loot" setting?
    Last edited by Cavox; 2018-02-22 at 08:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I don't like the legacy loot mode.
    Making it too easy to find transmogs = transmogs lose its value = less time needed to find transmogs = one less reason to play the game.

Or is the new and fresh "legacy loot mode" just the old "group loot" setting?
    It's the old group loot setting. you don't have to wave your cane around and tell the kids to get off your lawn just yet.

That transmog loot part is great news! Also, wicked solo kill!

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't even know you could choose an avatar on that thing?
    Nope, I had no idea either.