Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Shit thats hot.

Might be the best one yet.
    its so nice to see, how easy it is for blizz to make money with shit. put some flames on beard and ppl go woohoo. make some retexturing of already existing shit and call it allied races, ppl go wooohooo.

they could have added 4 completely new races, with new models, new run animations, new style, new dances, new emotions... and you could call it „content“ of a new xpac you pay for. but hey! why invest money, when you can copy and paste shit, repaint it and sell it to idiots that going crazy for shit selled as gold ?

its so damn easy for blizz...

Quote Originally Posted by Maldarious View Post
    Um we helped the Nightborne as Alliance and see how that turned out. Nothing is ever not up for debate. Claiming the Horde get Vulpera if playable when half the Horde would rather eat them is not likely and is as much a myth at this point as Alliance getting AU Brown Orcs. It is a war anyone can do something wrong. Anyone on the Horde could pull a Tyrande with the Vulpera.

Nothing is set in stone my friend. Well not until officially part of the game anyway but even then things are often subject to change. Maybe Brown Orcs will be going Alliance because the players put the idea into Blizzards head. Maybe Vulpera will be neutral. So many maybes but as far as Allied races are concerned the Vulpera while a goblin skeleton reskin are a genuine new race. Not really an Allied race. Then what does the other faction get that is a genuine new race to balance the scale? We know nothing? If it is Sethrak well those would be Horde making Vulpera Alliance.

We can keep going since it is all open to debate.
    Yeah, but if we are going to have a constructive discussion/speculation, we should base our opinions and predictions on something...

Deleted
    Horde will get : Mag'tar and Vulpera

Ally will get : Fat Human and Snake People

Seems pretty legit to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post

Seems pretty legit to me
    I do hope the Alliance get Snake people, just because of how cool they look

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    its so nice to see, how easy it is for blizz to make money with shit. put some flames on beard and ppl go woohoo. make some retexturing of already existing shit and call it allied races, ppl go wooohooo.

they could have added 4 completely new races, with new models, new run animations, new style, new dances, new emotions... and you could call it „content“ of a new xpac you pay for. but hey! why invest money, when you can copy and paste shit, repaint it and sell it to idiots that going crazy for shit selled as gold ?

its so damn easy for blizz...
    Why so salty m8?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    4 new races never saw with no background like velf?
    4 new capital?
    4 new starting zone that people wouldn't do because " I don't like exping "

Sure seems pretty legit to me.

Also people continue to mix remodel with retexture like some 3rd grade kid that mix apples with bananas.

Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    It seems Blizzard really dont want people to roll the Alliance with the set of the allied races.

The Horde got the best looking Zandalari race and badass Draenor Orcs with Nightborn and Highmountain races having the solid background and pretty cool new skins.

The Alliance got Draenei and dark skinned blood elves with zero backstory, Vulpera race that looks like a lame joke and hopefully the good looking Dark Iron dwarves.

And until some smart ass guy will come and say that Nightborn and Highmountain are just retextured NE and Tauren, i say no - Nightborn looks nothing like NE (unlike VE/BE), and new set of wide branched horns makes the whole big difference between King-Like elegant Highmountain taurens and usual clumsy fat-ass taurens, unlike Draenei/LF Draenei that only different in the eye color and couple new beards.

Blizzard wtf?
    I'VE GOT AN OPINION AND MY OPINION IS OBVIOUSLY RIGHT! YOU MIGHT AS WELL TAKE IT AS A FACT!

Sounds bad for you mate.
    I for one am enjoying my Void Elf very much and I am looking forward to racechange 50% of my Characters to Dark Iron Dwarves.
    As for your silly "retexture" argument: ALL allied races use recycled animations. Even your beloved Zandalari Trolls, are using NE animations. Some of them use models from existing NPC races and others use models from existing player races. I don't see how one of them must be better simply because it was an NPC race.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post

Zandalari
    Given Blizzard's past record with re-using stuff, I cannot see them gaining anything majorly special over anyone, the females will likely use the darkspear female animations and the male is a modified night elf male skeleton. They'll likely be given a custom dance though because using the night elf male dance on a third race wouldn't go down very well.
    Zandalari troll male has plenty of new unique animations:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...bat-animations

And Zandalari female has new idle animation other than stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What the fuck am I looking at.
    Tumblr cancer. I was quite ostracized in one discord channel for criticising this kind of stuff, as I saw one awful creation of troll "femboy" and I was also "WTF is this?".
    Just avoid it the best you can.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    lol no thats nightborne
    I'm waiting to get some numbers about which is the most and which is the less played allied race, but like in a year or so. I think it would be interesting. Maybe also surprising.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azshanna View Post
    im a belf/undead player and i prefer belf model too ! but among allied races i believe void elves are more desired for ppl bcz i see a lot of them on low lvl zones. my personal taste among 4 allied races is nightborne.
    I mostly play BEs and trolls, and I also prefer Nightborne. But I made me a couple of VEs too. And a couple of LF Draenei, and one HM Tauren. And I will make 2 Zandalari characters when I unlock them, and also one Darkiron Dwarf. She will be a warrior with short hair and will be called Vasquez.

Why are people responding to this drivel? All of the allied races are nothing more than reskinned previous races. I mean this is (at least for now, although certainly they have the option of adding whatever races they want) WOW's take on subraces.

Also just to be perfectly clear, Horde got slightly skinnier Night Elves with fucked up looking faces and limited customization options, and Tauren with Moose Antlers, and the Zandalari we're getting are a bit short.

What does this all mean? It means there are Void Elves everywhere and virtually everyone is jealous of Dark Iron Dwarf flaming beards, even though they will almost certainly never roll one cuz dwarf.

Per usual, everyone talks shit about Draenei but in reality they are a fairly popular race, as far as races with hooves or that are really short or really stupid looking half dog people are concerned anyways.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-02-22 at 05:27 PM.

Seems pretty legit to me
    As long as we also get to give the Horde Void Elves and Lightforged... Then it would be pretty legit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just want the racials for Lightforged and Nightborne to be less ass.
    The rest is fine for me.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    As long as we also get to give the Horde Void Elves and Lightforged... Then it would be pretty legit.
    and why? the horde don't want and don't need void elf or the light draenei

Quote Originally Posted by Maldarious View Post
    Um we helped the Nightborne as Alliance and see how that turned out.
    Not true, we all helped them as emissaries from Dalaran representing our Order Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and why? the horde don't want and don't need void elf or the light draenei
    Neither do we.

Seems pretty legit to me
    Snake people that are serving a old god? I don't think so. And they don't share the same skeleton with worgen either. Only race that do and make sense is Saberons. Either that or Pigmy or thin humans.

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Snake people that are serving a old god? I don't think so. And they don't share the same skeleton with worgen either. Only race that do and make sense is Saberons. Either that or Pigmy or thin humans.
    There's a friendly splinter group that worships the snake loa and is a rep faction, if Blizz could justify Void Elves on ground as shaky as they did, they could justify a small splinter group becoming a player race.

Also they do share the worgen skeleton, just the female one instead of the male, with a weird mix of animations from other races.

I legitimately wonder if half the people in this thread even actually unlocked the allied races or just looked at them in the model viewer and started bitching.

The Nightborn are pretty clearly on the Night Elf skeleton. Additionally, of the 4 allied races currently released, they have the absolute fewest customization options. It is actually absurdly difficult to ever actually SEE the Nightborn tattoos, so I'm iffy on even counting them as an option -- even if you do, you have a whopping three choices there.

Demon Hunters have more customization in either race (not even combined, just the 1 race) than Nightborn in either sex. A CLASS has more customization than a race. Think about that for a second.

Compare that to void elves who got unique hairstyles, unique textures, even some unique animations.

I'll give you that I think Highmountain Tauren, though they took almost no work, are better done than the Draenei (but I also just like Tauren more than Draenei).

But if you've ever actually PLAYED a Nightborn, they are by far the worst looking allied race so far. They look nothing like the Suramar NPCs -- they're something in between a withered and a Suramarian. Imho their value is that they look good in Mage and Hunter xmogs, something the Horde has been missing outside of Blood Elves (who still have weird eyebrow clipping and are overpopulated which makes playing them extremely boring).

The second thing -- where in the WORLD is this "Vulpera are alliance" coming from? Because they're on the goblin skeleton? The horde exclusively helps them, spends significant time with them, fill a missing niche on the horde, and they would for some reason go alliance??? And I get that they haven't been confirmed as an allied race, but in addition to the customization options (which is what that tweet that's been quoted was actually about), they have the database flags for both being horde and being an allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    and the Zandalari we're getting are a bit short.
    Except they're not even that "short", they're still going to be one of the tallest races in the game.

They're also the only allied race with new combat animations, and have more customization options than any other allied race IIRC.