Thread: prohibition

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Yet it does. And it effects kill others.
    Besides, guns aren’t made to kill. They are made to direct a projectile.

Peace
    No it does not, do you not understand what "made to do" means?? Alcohol isn't made to kill people, that doens't mean that it can not kill people.

And no, guns are made to kill. That projectile that comes flying out does that in order to kill people

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That one really seemed ridiculous to me. Like Mexican drug traffickers are having any trouble getting US guns. It's like complaining about the police selling drugs as part of a sting operation.
    Except police apprehend the criminal after the transaction. They don't allow them to walk free to see where the drugs may end up and who they may harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekthul View Post
    Except police apprehend the criminal after the transaction. They don't allow them to walk free to see where the drugs may end up and who they may harm.
    If they led to any arrests, they probably prevented a lot more deaths than they caused.

Like those Mexican drug lords would've had the slightest trouble getting guns otherwise. The guns they use are all made in the US anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Why do people think that prohibition on guns will work in the US when prohibition against alcohol and drugs has never worked?
    guns are a manufactured product, drugs are a commodity. The two cant be compared, and its stupid to even try.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    No it does not, do you not understand what "made to do" means?? Alcohol isn't made to kill people, that doens't mean that it can not kill people.

And no, guns are made to kill. That projectile that comes flying out does that in order to kill people
    Guns are designed to project a force at a distance.
    With the technology we have right now most are designed to fire a projectile in a precise direction my friend. In the case of most firearms we are familiar with gunpowder is used. Sometimes compressed air can be used.
    A typical water gun isn’t “made to kill”. Yet it is still a classified as a gun.

Peace

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Already happened; ATF Gunwalking Scandal
    It wasn't manufacturers that worried Mexico. It was the Obama Admin that that deliberately had guns sold to drug traffickers...
    Didn’t some of those guns end up in the hands of terrorists that were involved in the attacks in Paris?

Peace
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2018-02-21 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Nobody is asking for that, that's a myth that the right wing is trying to push so that people get hysterical.
    They are either asking for that or asking for something they don't know.

Right now a bunch of people replied to my shit saying "no one is asking for that" yet none of you guys said what was asked. Probably because you know that I've seen the same or more information than you so you have nothing more to bring to the table which means people just don't know what to ask for. Just crying without good solutions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hella clutch View Post
    no, it is in fact both. both access to mental health care and guns are on opposite sides of each other it should be incredibly easy to access and treatment, and not so for guns. and again spare us all the platitudes about not caring about the mental health angle when clearly all that is, is a cop out so we can all go back to doing fuck all.
    I don't really think there's that much "not caring about mental health" and tho I agree I may have sounded like I was going that route in what I said that was not my intention. I think the problem is deeper, I mean even if we did "take better care of people with mental issues" it still wouldn't solve the problem of why there are so many more of these people in the US than anywhere else. The problem really is deeper and what I would like to see is serious studies as to why this is the case and once the source of the problem is figured out, make a plan to reduce that as much as possible.

I'm pretty much convinced that there is something in the American culture that pushes people to hate life more than in other developped countries. Maybe from always hearing about the American dream and freedom and in the end not getting what they expect, feel scammed by false advertising of how much better life is supposed to be but expecting things to be better. I don't know I'm not an expert on that, but there has to be something, it can't just be a coincidence.

But yeah, having more guns than people surely doesn't help lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    They are either asking for that or asking for something they don't know.

Right now a bunch of people replied to my shit saying "no one is asking for that" yet none of you guys said what was asked. Probably because you know that I've seen the same or more information than you so you have nothing more to bring to the table which means people just don't know what to ask for. Just crying without good solutions.
    Maybe you should try reading? We want gun CONTROL, not necessarily an all out ban and grab. Gun control means making it more difficult to obtain them for certain people. It means requiring gun owners to actually know what they're doing and be safe about it. It doesn't mean no guns ever, but I can understand why you would want to believe that. It's much easier to argue against a point like that than what is actually being said.

Maybe you should try reading? We want gun CONTROL, not necessarily an all out ban and grab. Gun control means making it more difficult to obtain them for certain people. It means requiring gun owners to actually know what they're doing and be safe about it. It doesn't mean no guns ever, but I can understand why you would want to believe that. It's much easier to argue against a point like that than what is actually being said.
    There's already gun control. You don't really think people go out and buy guns like they buy candies, do you?
    I understand the concept of wanting better, tighter gun control. But what does that imply? Going to a class on how to use them properly? Installing a camera looking at the place where you hide your gun so the government or a company can see it at all time and make sure it's always in the right place? Or install a GPS chip in the guns that magically disables them when they are near public areas, make them only usable in places made for shooting? (which effectively entirely disregard the second amendment)

What is it exactly that would be a logical, practical and reasonable solution to the problem? In details. Don't just say "gun control" America already has that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    There's already gun control. You don't really think people go out and buy guns like they buy candies, do you?
    I understand the concept of wanting better, tighter gun control. But what does that imply? Going to a class on how to use them properly? Installing a camera looking at the place where you hide your gun so the government or a company can see it at all time and make sure it's always in the right place? Or install a GPS chip in the guns that magically disables them when they are near public areas, make them only usable in places made for shooting? (which effectively entirely disregard the second amendment)

What is it exactly that would be a logical, practical and reasonable solution to the problem? In details. Don't just say "gun control" America already has that.
    You're being intentionally ignorant. You're making up nonsense that nobody is saying because you can't come up with a reasonable response to what people are saying. Have a great day.

You're being intentionally ignorant. You're making up nonsense that nobody is saying because you can't come up with a reasonable response to what people are saying. Have a great day.
    Just fucking tell me exactly what good solution people are asking for. How complicated can it be if you're like the other guys telling me that there are tons of solutions offered.
    Fucking list it right here and stop dismissing or denying what I say, you only sound like someone who doesn't know what has been asked or know that the current solutions offered are impossible to make happen and you have too much ego to admit it.
    Stop trying to insult me and list the fucking solutions already.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Yeah this is what happens when people's egos get way out of control, you get those who think because you can buy and sell things like land, that applies to people. I am not owned by anyone. I am also not programmable to be user friendly.

People have an indifference, I get that, it's what happens when we live in a free society, sometimes people choose to make the wrong decisions. What happened is Tragic no doubt, but I am not going to hear about any gun control, as a knee jerk reaction, while ignoring all the other realities that surrounded what happened.
    Can you provide me with an argument as to why you do not need to be trained how to properly use a gun, before being allowed to own one? Or why there shouldn't be stricter punishment for people who are reckless with their firearms, by misuse, through negligence or even intentionally allowing them to be used by individuals who should not have access to guns (criminals, children, etc).

I do not think it is strictly a problem with the number of guns in america (especially given the history) more so a problem of education, and law.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    There can be reasonable hurdles when exercising rights, but those hurdles can also go too far. It is reasonable that someone has to pay for a product(a gun) because it has a material and labor cost. A homeless person still has the right to own one even though it is obviously going to be more difficult for them to pay for one, but extra hoops such as paying for a license and paying for additional training only make it that much more difficult. Courts have ruled on similar things on what is or isn't a reasonable burden(travel time to vote would be considered reasonable). Not a weak argument at all.

As for the criminally insane, and mentally handicapped it already is illegal for them to posses a firearm in most if not all states.
    How is it different from owning a vehicle? I'd assume you wouldn't want unlicensed drivers all over the road. As for the second point, I was (somewhat distastefully) bringing it up to illustrate how not everyone is covered by the constitution, and for good reason.
    Last edited by Jerot; 2018-02-22 at 12:09 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    Can you provide me with an argument as to why you do not need to be trained how to properly use a gun, before being allowed to own one? Or why there shouldn't be stricter punishment for people who are reckless with their firearms, by misuse, through negligence or even intentionally allowing them to be used by individuals who should not have access to guns (criminals, children, etc).

I do not think it is strictly a problem with the number of guns in america (especially given the history) more so a problem of education, and law.
    No because frankly I think those are good ideas. But not because of this school shooting.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If they led to any arrests, they probably prevented a lot more deaths than they caused. Like those Mexican drug lords would've had the slightest trouble getting guns otherwise. The guns they use are all made in the US anyway...
    Are you playing apologist here...like it's ok to help drug lords get easier access to guns?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's a sorry state when people have somehow managed to convince themselves that 1. the two are even remotely comparable and 2. that people on the other side of the argument are even calling for that. Kudos on being about as wrong as it's possible to be. That takes some real effort.

Whatever happened to that gun control megathread anyway?
    What???? No clue what you are saying?

Deleted
    With the technology we have right now most are designed to fire a projectile in a precise direction my friend. In the case of most firearms we are familiar with gunpowder is used. Sometimes compressed air can be used.
    A typical water gun isn’t “made to kill”. Yet it is still a classified as a gun.

Peace

- - - Updated - - -

Didn’t some of those guns end up in the hands of terrorists that were involved in the attacks in Paris?

Peace
    So they are made to kill... And "water pistols"... really??

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Are you playing apologist here...like it's ok to help drug lords get easier access to guns?
    It's utterly spurious. They're up to their eyeballs in American guns, what difference does it make?

Again, it was a sting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Guns are designed to project a force in a specific direction my friend. Nothing more nothing less. Some are more efficient than others. Just think of all the different types of “guns” in existence. Hell, laser pointer is a “gun”. Don’t get hung up on the shape. And even laser pointers are dangerous and can when used in the wrong manner can get you put in jail.
    You are being intentionally obtuse, no more no less. It has nothing to do with the shape, that is all on you, im not talking about "laser guns" and what not. Again, guns are made to kill, period.

What you are saying comes down to, "cars are designed to burn oil", its downright dishonest, and you know it.
    Last edited by mmoc4a3002ee3c; 2018-02-22 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    And, alcohol isn't made to kill you.
    really? Are you sure about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    really? Are you sure about that.
    Yes, that is not its purpose, that it can kill you doesn't mean that it was designed to do it. Unlike guns, that are specifically designed to kill.

Peace
    What's your point? We are not looking to regulate water guns, bb guns, or paint ball guns...