Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Anduin's First Lie - Some BfA SPOILERS

"Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watchin us. Why you not see?
    Three lies. Da first one been told.
    Bound by day throne? No. Free. Free!
    Da next gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one."
    -Ogmot the Mad

"King Varian Wrynn gave his life to save his people. He knew that no one, not even a king, is more important than the Alliance."
    -Anduin Wrynn

Anduin has always been a man of peace. He knows what it is more important to protect. My speculation is, if he has to betray the Alliance to save the world, he will. And he may not be the only one, remember that Saurfang wants to speak with him while Sylvanas and Genn are thirsting for war. Maybe this two characters are the ones who will show us in-game who real threat is.

Anduin Wrynn is now the High King of the Alliance and King of Stormwind. When the prophecy talks about a throne, it may be talking that Anduin is not bound to the throne of the Alliance (yeah, I know its not like a king title, it is a figurative way of speaking), but to himself and the rest of world, not only his people. He might choose the major good, to try and save everyone, even if he betrays his friends and loved ones. He is free of the yoke of the Alliance. Maybe this is the reason why the Old Gods are telling us about the lies. They want us to acknowledge them so we can end the treacherous ones.

You know who also has an eye, a big one eye, C'thun. What if he, somehow, has taken control of the Silithus' sword, like it happened to Voldrassil in Northrend, and is now using it to see through it? Sargeras is imprisoned, so he may not be in control of the sword anymore. And yes, I know it is stated that C'thun is dead, but the Old Gods are neither dead or alive. They have, a different status. And their corruption is always there.

Remember this is just a speculation. You don't need to flame me. Thanks!

Edit:
    1. The spoiler is about Saurfang talking to Anduin since it is datamining. Some may know about it, some not.
    2. This is the first lie, we do not know the other two for now.
    3. This must had happened while the Goblins were mining in Silithus since the third page talks about it and the lie part is the fifth. But remember that time can be difficult to calculate in the Warcraft lore.
    4. IMPORTANT - Please don't talk too much about Jaina and other things non-related to the post. There are many posts about it so go there. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ryon21; 2018-02-23 at 10:38 PM.

King Varian Wrynn gave his life to save his people. He knew that no one, not even a king, is more important than the Alliance.
    Hm.. Going to think on this then edit my reply with my thoughts.

I think Varian thought that his son is more important than the entire Alliance. Him saying for the Alliance meant "For my son." or possibly that isn't the first lie at all. The first lie was most likely Stormheim which was the thing that restarted the Horde-Alliance war.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2018-02-21 at 12:57 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Light sees one path and views everything else as lies.
    The Void sees all paths and views them all as truth. So how do you lie when you think everything is possible?

I am extremely speculating the expansion following BfA will be an all-out faction civil war, with the focus on RACE identity being the driving force of the expansion as the player is given a perspective on their faction from their favorite race's perspective.

I think the Horde civil war is all too obvious, it's been in the works since Wrath of the Lich King, Vanilla even?

The Alliance civil war, I think they're both going to go into full out civil war at the same time by the way, will be from Anduin not reacting to, or downright FORGIVING the Horde at the end of BfA (given his sympathies for Saurfang) which is going to piss off the night elves and worgen.

The factions are going to split into conflict, Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes will remain allies, attempting to mend the wound they left by the Kalimdorian Alliance of Night Elves, Draenei and Worgen.

The Horde will be Orcs, Tauren and Trolls versus Forsaken, Blood Elves and Goblins (who's sole loyalty lies with the fact Quel'thalas as a nation is far richer than the ramshackled Orgrimmar - they are bought).

Not that we'll be left with 4 playable factions, it'll be more of a story narrative that can be fixed by the expansions end.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2018-02-21 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    "Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watchin us. Why you not see?
    Three lies. Da first one been told.
    Bound by day throne? No. Free. Free!
    Da next gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one."

"King Varian Wrynn gave his life to save his people. He knew that no one, not even a king, is more important than the Alliance."

Anduin has always been a man of peace. He knows what is more important to protect. My speculation is, if he has to betray the Alliance to save the world, he will. And he may not be the only one, remember that Saurfang wants to speak with him while Sylvanas and Genn are thirsting for war. Maybe this two characters are the ones who will show us who real threat is.

Anduin Wrynn is now the High King of the Alliance and King of Stormwind, when the prophecy talks about a throne, it may be talking that Anduin is not bound to the throne of the Alliance, but to himself and the rest of world, not only his people. He chooses the major good to try and save everyone, even if he betrays his friends and loved ones. He is free of the yoke of the Alliance. Maybe this is the reason why the Old Gods are telling us about the lies, they want us to acknowledge them so we can end the treacherous ones.

You know who has also an eye, C'thun. What if he, somehow, has taken control of the sword and is using it to see through it. Sargeras is imprisoned, so he may not be in control of the sword anymore. And yes, I know it is stated that C'thun is dead, but the Old Gods are neither dead or alive. They have, a different status.

Remember this is just a speculation. You don't need to flame me. Thanks!

I have a feeling that the first line is actually referencing the shadow priest artifact weapon, Xal'atath.

Anduin's seat as the Leader of the Alliance is not entirely secure, due to his age. I don't see him putting it in jeopardy. I like the Lich King better for the prophecy.

Scene: Anduin and Graymane on a horde airship. Graymane was captured and is tied up. Below them a field of tentacles and horrors. Graymane yells for anduin to let him go. Instead, anduin looks down.

Hail N’Zoth

And throws the wolf overboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    The Void sees all paths and views them all as truth. So how do you lie when you think everything is possible?
    Anduin is a human and humans can lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I am extremely speculating the expansion following BfA will be an all-out faction civil war, with the focus on RACE identity being the driving force of the expansion as the player is given a perspective on their faction from their favorite race's perspective.

I think the Horde civil war is all too obvious, it's been in the works since Wrath of the Lich King, Vanilla even?

The Alliance civil war, I think they're both going to go into full out civil war at the same time by the way, will be from Anduin not reacting to, or downright FORGIVING the Horde at the end of BfA (given his sympathies for Saurfang) which is going to piss off the night elves and worgen.

The factions are going to split into conflict, Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes will remain allies, attempting to mend the wound they left by the Kalimdorian Alliance of Night Elves, Draenei and Worgen.

The Horde will be Orcs, Tauren and Trolls versus Forsaken, Blood Elves and Goblins (who's sole loyalty lies with the fact Quel'thalas as a nation is far richer than the ramshackled Orgrimmar - they are bought).

Not that we'll be left with 4 playable factions, it'll be more of a story narrative that can be fixed by the expansions end.
    While a racial civil war within the factions is certainly possible, I really, really cannot imagine the Draenei taking up arms against humans/dwarves/gnomes and killing them.

Saurfang and the Draenor Orcs joining the Alliance seems way more plausible as improbable as is it is.

There's probably a little poetry involved in what Locuswalker is saying. I doubt it's that the Void is incapable of recognizing what is clearly out of line with reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    There's probably a little poetry involved in what Locuswalker is saying. I doubt it's that the Void is incapable of recognizing what is clearly out of line with reality.
    I'm of a mind that there's a lot more than just "poetry" involved in Locus-Walker's various proclamations - that Ethereal emanates "shifty as all get out" with pretty much everything he says or does. I've not squared away yet if he's an anti-hero or anti-villain, but one thing he certainly isn't is trustworthy.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm of a mind that there's a lot more than just "poetry" involved in Locus-Walker's various proclamations - that Ethereal emanates "shifty as all get out" with pretty much everything he says or does. I've not squared away yet if he's an anti-hero or anti-villain, but one thing he certainly isn't is trustworthy.
    He's a shifty guy, but he's being used to drop lore on us all. The many "truths" of the Void are likely about subjectivity, flexibility, and amorality. They see a ton of different possibilities as true, which perhaps makes them slippery bastards.

N'zoth's characterization by Xal'atath, for instance, is that of a being who wins through losing. N'zoth doesn't just see one path to victory, he sees many. Even if they are seemingly contradictory. Even if Deathwing failed his obvious plan, he succeeded in depowering the Dragon Aspects and setting them on the path to extinction. That's still a win for N'zoth.
    Xal'atath whispers: It was here in ages past that the God of the Deep lost a great battle to the God of Seven Heads. But as was so often the case even defeat ultimately worked in N'zoth's favor.
    On that note, I expect we'll continue to defeat N'zoth's plans, and he'll continue to make gains anyhow.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-02-22 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

Don't forget the Allied races. I can see all 3 alliance ones sticking with the Humans and even most Worgen aswell(most of the important ones).

The divide in the Horde would probably see the nightborne going east, while Zandalari and Highmountain going west. Goblins though, i see going 50/50 with the decent ones staying in Org and the sellouts(which mind you are fewer and fewer now) going to UC.

I think it would be cool to see a divide in the factions, obviously gameplay would keep us in our factions, but quests and lore can have the divide growing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Don't forget the Allied races. I can see all 3 alliance ones sticking with the Humans and even most Worgen aswell(most of the important ones).

The divide in the Horde would probably see the nightborne going east, while Zandalari and Highmountain going west. Goblins though, i see going 50/50 with the decent ones staying in Org and the sellouts(which mind you are fewer and fewer now) going to UC.

I think it would be cool to see a divide in the factions, obviously gameplay would keep us in our factions, but quests and lore can have the divide growing more.
    Uh oooh, next expansion World of Warcraft: Civil War confirmed, with guest star the winter soldier or whatever that movie was.

Except the winter soldier is bolvar.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Uh oooh, next expansion World of Warcraft: Civil War confirmed, with guest star the winter soldier or whatever that movie was.

Except the winter soldier is bolvar.
    I could actually see something similar to that movie if Varian was still alive and somehow Arthas reappeared. Varian taking in his long time friend who's now no longer under control and majority of the Horde and some of the Alliance go crazy wanting to kill him. Varian=Captain Azeroth, Sylvanas=Tony Stark

Deleted
    I don't see an expansion about civil wars within both factions happening because it's goofy as fuck.

Oh both factions' internal struggles have reached a boiling point of no return, and civil war has broken out at the same time? That definitely doesn't seem like Blizzard is trying to give each faction equal treatment.

7+ Year Old Account
    We also had Horde centric civil war expansion. Its time for Alliance. I really like idea of Humans/Dwarves/Gnomes vs Worgen/Night Elves/Draenei.

Actually, during the Aleria's questline on Argus, the Voidvalker actually said that both entities - the Light and the Void ones only see half of the truth. Therefore, I don't think it's legitimate to say that light sees everything else as a lie except for its own vision, and Void sees every path as a truth. Only both visions from Light and Void combined can lay a true path of the future (or smth like that).

On a different note, so what was the first lie by Anduid? That Wrynn died for the Alliance while actually he died to only save his son?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Except the Horde civil war was Horde vs Mean Orcs and Garrosh, the Alliance has no figure like Garrosh in power
    They do have options for characters to write into that direction, though hopefully they'd do it slower and better than Garrosh if they even want to. Genn and Tyrande come to mind. Genn losing something and going full War/Hatemonger on the Horde instead of just Sylvanas. Tyrande, if reverted to how she was written in WC3 could definitely be an option. WC3 Tyrande was a hateful xenophobe, if it wasn't for Malfurion she'd never have worked with the horde and alliance against the legion. Could definitely start a night elf separatist plot if she'd revert to that writing.

Both options are stretching it with how the characters are written at the moment though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Except the Horde civil war was Horde vs Mean Orcs and Garrosh, the Alliance has no figure like Garrosh in power
    Ah hum

#boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    the lie is not what you think and not from who you think