Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    That's irrelevant when you can observe 1 plus 1 being 2.
    What you're saying is all philosophical and subjective. There are math classes that talk about that subject. But this woman wants to introduce that to all math classes. When math classes at their roots are supposed to teach what math is and more importantly why it works.

If you pick a point in time, at that time football has an absolute ruleset, how one perceives those rules doesn't change the objectivity of them.
    I agree, but I am explaining why I disagree with her, as opposed to you or anyone else. Her perspective is plausible in some applications when it comes to math. In Fact I think math oftentimes is given more prominence in science than I think it always merits. There is also perception, memory, and the ability hold many different concepts or pieces of information.

So again I do NOT agree with her, her premise is racist, but I am explaining why it is racist, which flies in the face of others saying she is racist who actually hold similar beliefs.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I agree, but I am explaining why I disagree with her, as opposed to you or anyone else. Her perspective is plausible in some applications when it comes to math. In Fact I think math oftentimes is given more prominence in science than I think it always merits. There is also perception, memory, and the ability hold many different concepts or pieces of information.

So again I do NOT agree with her, her premise is racist, but I am explaining why it is racist, which flies in the face of others saying she is racist who actually hold similar beliefs.
    Fair enough, I can respect that point of view.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    The value is arbitrary
    Maybe, maybe not, can you honestly say perception has absolutely no place in math? I often think of that movie The Arrival, where you had the two squid like creatures trying to communicate with humans.

Or Carl Sagan when he describes dimensional perceptions. Obviously we are all humans regardless to skin, but however much people want to spread those differences and say we are far apart says as much as it does those that say we are the same and for what reasons.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

That's irrelevant when you can observe 1 plus 1 being 2.
    If you're going to claim that mathematics is universal, you don't get to throw away the axiomatic foundations of modern mathematics. 1 + 1 = 2 will be true whether you take AC to be true or take it to be false. All of applied math will be true either way, so you can't determine whether AC is "true" or "false" on any physical grounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    If you're going to claim that mathematics is universal, you don't get to throw away the axiomatic foundations of modern mathematics. 1 + 1 = 2 will be true whether you take AC to be true or take it to be false. All of applied math will be true either way, so you can't determine whether AC is "true" or "false" on any physical grounds.
    Of course you can, you can physically observe 1 + 1 = 2. You can prove that AC is true. Perceptions don't matter, as math transposes any perception into one universal perception, that's why it's applicable the same way across the universe physically.

You can't disprove that 1 + 1 = 2, you can't disprove multiplicative identities because you can physically observe them and that observation can be translated in such a way to cross multiple perceptions.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

There are billions of people in the world and a fair few of them are morons and others totally fing bonkers. If you are going to go look for them when they say something that validates your world view you are in for an extremely easy fight that will lead you to nowhere.

You can prove that AC is true.
    At least glance for a few minutes at the wiki article for AC or something before you make this claim. AC is wholly independent from anything to do with the physical world: if you say that AC is false, you can still recover all of the math that has something to do with the physical world.

How then are you supposed to prove it? You cannot 'observe' it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Tonight at 9! Studies show that if you go looking for shit, you'll find shit!
    Summed up at 10: Let's ban studying things and deal with shit by acting like it doesn't exist because that's got to make it go away!

Facts don't discriminate but you might do just that by bringing up race/gender for no other reason than to point out arbitrary and unnecessary division.- From what I can tell this woman just wants attention.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-02-22 at 04:29 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I wonder if she understands that a lot of major advances in mathematics occurred in Greece, India, and the Middle East... probably not.

Someone, please explain this to me. For the love of anything you want, please explain it:

It's NOT ok that people who developed math and use math (according to her) are white.

It's NOT ok that most IT people, Business leaders, and political leaders are white.

it IS ok that the vast majority of NBA/NFL players (even the ones who aren't very good are rich) are black. Why can't we address the "problem" that basketball, football, track, and boxing are dominated by black people when they are only 13% of the USA's population?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    You sound like a god awful racist teacher. If my kids came home and told me you spouted this racist rhetoric , you wouldn’t have a job anymore.

But they go to a private school that wouldn’t have hired someone like you in the first place, so I’m ok.

OT - decades long acceptance that shouting “that’s racist” will win any argument is to blame here. You have no one to blame but the “tolerant” left that not only allowed but actually encouraged this strategy. Now no one listens to someone shouting “that’s racist” except to laugh at and mock them.
    Hope you're aware of your own hypocrisy. Why be rude though?
    I feel sorry for those kids getting railroaded by helicopter parents buying into private school schemes, that often only serve to further divide people and rip them off as "think of the kids" means parents throw money at the concept as long as the curriculum fits their narrow-minded worldview. Kids do their own thing if you let them but parents will usually push their own prejudices and worldviews onto them. Perceived values dictate right from wrong. Shielding people from each other just perpetuates the issues further when you could be teaching them how to interact with someone you disagree with and even better how to argue and debate to win them over on your side with solid arguments, instead of letting bullying and propaganda tactics hijack conversations and escalate them into confrontations showing the world that apparently might makes right.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-02-22 at 04:26 AM.

Apparently being good at anything is evil. Only when we are all garbage crabs at the bottom of the bucket will we be good people!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Someone, please explain this to me. For the love of anything you want, please explain it:

It's NOT ok that people who developed math and use math (according to her) are white.

It's NOT ok that most IT people, Business leaders, and political leaders are white.

it IS ok that the vast majority of NBA/NFL players (even the ones who aren't very good are rich) are black. Why can't we address the "problem" that basketball, football, track, and boxing are dominated by black people when they are only 13% of the USA's population?
    Kids generally do their own thing if you let them but parents will usually push their own prejudices and worldviews onto them. Perceived values dictate right from wrong. It's only a problem if you make one out of it and teach your kid that the only right sport to play is golf, tennis or the ones you mention because of their skin color instead of whatever else they might be talented at or enjoy doing instead. How many wants to do music but all the family can afford is a ball usually has something to do with it too. Some hobbies are harsher on the economy than others.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Ahh good old identity politics. Making actual instances of racism into a real life boy who cried wolf.
    LUL. Math is obviously racist since Asians are way better at math than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Not only is maths not seen as a white stereotype, but a japanese / chinese sterotype, but the majority of mathematics that actually matters was invented by arabs in 9th - 12th century Islamic Iraq.
    Pythagoras wants a word with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    She obviously lacks any real education, if all she can think of is "white".
    She obtained her M.A. and Ph.D from the University of Chicago, one of the best schools in the world.

On topic, this is absolutely stupid. Unfortunately this kind of attitude (the "decolonizing" of every other subject) is rampant through universities today and anyone who objects to the stupidity is labeled a racist.

It's the independent, they're the brietbart of the left.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I assumed the contemporary mathematics stereotype is asian?
    Same. I don't see maths as white.

I see maths as hard.

Mabie she puts down everything that dosent just bend over and solve its self as white racism. Lululululululul

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    She obtained her M.A. and Ph.D from the University of Chicago
    In curriculum planning.

Ahem.

Arabic Numerals.

That is all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well Greeks and Arabs are pretty much white.
    .....lol....

Someone had a very interesting world history lesson. Do you think Jesus was white too?
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.