Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember playing Final Fantasy on the NES. I remember most of my friends hating it, but I loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good ol' Pokemon Red in Sept. '98.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    It was either the original Legend of Zelda, or Final Fantasy 1 on the NES.
    LoZ isn't an RPG so I'd go with FF1.

Deleted
    frontier: elite 2 on the A1200

Probably Diablo 1 or Pokemon Red

Probably Link's Awakening. If that doesn't count, then it's a toss up between these:

Furcadia

Tibia

Pokemon Blue

Honorable mention to Runescape Classic and Priston Tale.

Suikoden on the ps1.
    Damn I loved that series.
    Still hoping for another addition on modern systems.

Final Fantasy II on SNES - borrowed it from a friend and absolutely fell in love with it. Everything spiraled from there. The Final Fantasy series, Lunar on Playstation, Baldur's Gate on PC, eventually moving to EverQuest, and on and on from there.

Does Pokemon Red count as an RPG? If not then it was FFIX.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hm that would be Secret of Evermore or a rpg at the gameboy (could be one of the secret of mana versions).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAte View Post
    Suikoden on the ps1.
    Damn I loved that series.
    Still hoping for another addition on modern systems.
    First one wast the best. Pretty much the first game to do personal housing and you could get over 100 people to work in your castle or join your party. Best RPG ever.

My first RPG experience would have to be the RED box Starter edition of D&D that my brother bought back in like 84 or 85. I would read the rule books and pour over all the material because i loved fantasy and sci-fi (plus there was a saturday morning cartoon about D&D). At the ripe age of 9 so 1988 i received an nes for xmas and played all the games i could get my hands on which included final fantasy and pools of radiance. At the age of 11 i was introduced to AD&D by a friend and I fell into that trap for many many many many years. Baldurs Gate and Planescape Torment along with other TSR titles always hooked me in. Then the Playstation came out and a friend got one along with Final Fantasy 7 and that was the coolest 3D game i had ever seen and would go over to my friends house at any chance to play it and other games as much as possible til i bought my own ( i shoveled more horse sh$t than i care to remember to earn enough to buy the console and game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Castle of the Winds, it was a DOS game from like 1993. After that, probably Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (lol)
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

My best friend in 2nd grade used to let me borrow some of his NES games. I can't be for sure as it was 20+ years ago, but I think Dragon Warrior and Crystalis were the first RPG games I played. I also remember renting the original Final Fantasy, but I believe I played that some time later.

I think I actually played Bloodwych first, but got Bards Tale and Dungeon Master pretty much at same time.

Diablo 1 or final fantasy 8. Played both around the same time and was sold.

medievil is also worthy of a shout as one of my first/most memorable games.

First game I played was racer games on microsoft 97

10+ Year Old Account
    Severe lack of "RuneScape" in this thread, lol.

Final Fantasy IV. I had a friend who showed me a bit of Dragon Quest, but FFIV was the first game I played.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Bard's Tale on our Apple IIGS.

The Legend of Zelda for the NES. My love of RPGs began with the words "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this" and I was handed my first sword.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Zelda counts, then that in 1988. If not, Phantasy Star in 1989 followed by Dragon Warrior (go go free Nintendo Power copy!) in 1990.

First 16-bit RPG was Phantasy Star II.

First 32-bit RPG was Dragon Force (followed by Shining Wisdom/Holy Ark a few months later)

First 64-bit (lol) RPG was Evolution (I loved this stupid game)

I'll stop!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Dragon Warrior

It was also (For anyone who played it) the first time people were introduced to level and gold grinding. >.<
    Naw, level and gold grinding was something I first learned about and did for hours in Crystalis. I didn't find DW as bad (fuck dark rooms though) tbh.