Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This is the 4 post you have wasted in replying to me about anything, other than the OP. Can you please start?
    There sure is quite a push on the national stage to restrict gun ownership. We can see that from the OP. Not so much for other things that are completely preventable and cause the same amount of deaths, or more, no major news network townhall meetings with Senators over that, but they sure want those guns gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    There sure is quite a push on the national stage to restrict gun ownership. We can see that from the OP. Not so much for other things that are completely preventable and cause the same amount of deaths, or more, no major news network townhall meetings with Senators over that, but they sure want those guns gone.
    Yes. Guns are used in mass shootings. Pretending like they aren't a part of the equation is disingenuous and selfish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this is a thread about guns being used in a mass shooting last week. Why would we discuss anything else in this thread? If you cared about any other “thing”, feel free to start a thread on it. I don’t understand why you cannot let us discuss this gun debate.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" in the US, in 2013. 2/3 of them were suicides, that could be reduced by making guns harder to get (a 7 day waiting period could be de diff between life and death).

And this is a Thread based on a recent mass shooting, done with an AR-15.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" in the US, in 2013. 2/3 of them were suicides, that could be reduced by making guns harder to get (a 7 day waiting period could be de diff between life and death).

Yeah, no reason at all to own an ar-15, which should be treated like other things. From drugs to border control... we should ban the things that have no point but to cause harm.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Well I'm talking about gun homicides, where guns were used to kill other people. If someone is arguing for gun control to help suicidal people from killing themselves, that's the farthest reach of them all. The issue at hand is the use of firearms to kill other people, particularly mass killings.

Well I'm talking about gun homicides, where guns were used to kill other people. If someone is arguing for gun control to help suicidal people from killing themselves, that's the farthest reach of them all. The issue at hand is the use of firearms to kill other people, particularly mass killings.
    It's one of the problems that you must tackle though. Making guns harder to get, will reduce the suicides.
    And finally, you accepted that we're talking about gun control here. So stop deflecting to alcohol and car usage, as they're much more regulated than guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I've just added all of the people that obviously have no thoughts of their own on ignore. It really helps.
    Yeah - I've had him on ignore for a while now as well. Sadly it doesn't stop from seeing his posts via responses by others. >_<

Yeah, no reason at all to own an ar-15, which should be treated like other things. From drugs to border control... we should ban the things that have no point but to cause harm.
    i mean, you could have one (an AR-15 or a similar rifle). But you have to train, have a license to get one, have a psych test to get one, and be at least 21 year old to buy one.
    is that too much to ask?

It's one of the problems that you must tackle though. Making guns harder to get, will reduce the suicides.
    And finally, you accepted that we're talking about gun control here. So stop deflecting to alcohol and car usage, as they're much more regulated than guns.
    Hey they are heavily regulated man. They have to confirm to interstate commerce laws and everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Hey they are heavily regulated man. They have to confirm to interstate commerce laws and everything!
    The funny thing is that here, cars are less regulated than guns. to buy a car, you just have to have money, and register the purchase on a notary public. you don't even need to have a license. But you cant use a car if you dont have said license.
    To buy a gun here, you need a psych and knowledge test, a special license, and a waiting period. Oh, and you cant use a gun on private land (AFAIK) that you own, only on a shooting range, or on a hunting party

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    All this Rubio talk and no one mentions the OwnGoal?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/966500059499069442
    Saw that, hilarious stuff.

This is really hard to watch.

The part that's hard is where the argument of gun control is put into the hands of innocent children whose arguments cannot be attacked, by default, without looking like a monster, backed by a roaring crowd for every anti-gun sentiment they express.

This is not good dialogue, you guys.
    Awww, no fair using the children who die as a result of my ideology against it!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I really shouldn't encourage this absurd attempt at deflection but... I have to know... like what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Yes. Guns are used in mass shootings. Pretending like they aren't a part of the equation is disingenuous and selfish.
    Dacien? Disingenuous?

That sounds entirely out of character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the highlight reel on Twitter, and holy shit did that NRA bitch get roasted. That was, uh... that was not a good performance on her part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

People should be allowed to have guns.

If they're members of a well-regulated militia.

I see it this way. Let's say we have a group of 1 million people. These 1 million people die every day from preventable but unrelated reasons. A, B, C, D. like drunk driving and guns. One is A the other is B. no connection at all. Now one should think about and try to remove what kills the population. Why to be able to ban causes B or C, you need to ban other causes like A or D? Why we have to ban everything to ban cause B? they are unrelated? Why do we have to ban knives and cars first to be able to ban guns? let's ban the guns first? why not? their only purpose is to kill. nothing else? the others are made for cooking, working, transportation etc. Guns? guns are for killing?

I really don't get it. Is it because cars kill more people than guns? but that idea is wrong isn't it? I mean yes people die, but they die while transporting, going somewhere. not intentionally killing someone. (except the hardright guys driving into crowds?)

If you ban guns, can your society live and prosper? easily yes.
    If you ban cars, knives other unrelated things, can your society live and prosper? well enjoy your order coming from amazon by our fastest "mule service".

I know I am no expert. I am a simple guy with a simple brain but for fuck sake @Dacien and others your arguments are ridiculously idiotic.
    How can you say if we ban guns we have to ban many other stuff? dude the topic is guns. Fucking guns. Why is it somewhat connected to A, C or D? how iis it even possible that you can argue this without losing face?

I hope nobody dies that you love and care from guns thanks to some 300 years old 2nd amendment.
    and nobody replies here; Ups, second amendment happened -or- enjoy your 2nd.

I wish you find your brain wherever you dropped it.

don't give the shit that guns are regulated, the fuck are they regulated. Try to get a driving licence and a car and see the process.
    then this guy 19 years old goes and buys a fucking ar-15 a fucking ar-15 people, shit the only place I have seen that gun is ps1 game splinter cell ffs back i was in elementary school. fuck me he gets an ar-15. he is not allowed to buy alcohol. tbh maybe if alcohol was legal for his age, he would definitely take a few shots of alcohol before shoting people, making his aim worse , ending up less casualties.

this is so disgusting to watch. I am not American. But I love the world we live in. I love people. I will keep giving whatever I have to people around me and make it better. All the power to those kids. fuck those corrupt gun lobbies and their politicians.

I doubt there's going to be any gun control until every single one of your +60 year olds die out from old age in the congress. I'd think the more young are generally against the guns more than old

This is an emotional response, that is not based on facts. You can claim this is debatable, but we are in a gun control thread and you are demanding we debate everything else. Can a gun debate, be at least debatable on an Internet forum? Can you allow us that?
    Funny since he was the one spouting about gun control advocates using emotional arguments. This guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I doubt there's going to be any gun control until every single one of your +60 year olds die out from old age in the congress. I'd think the more young are generally against the guns more than old
    Register all guns, require safety and shooting proficiency training on a yearly basis, and while we are at it, require all gun owners to be part of the reserves, since that was the original intent of the second amendment.

- - - Updated - - -

The funny thing is that here, cars are less regulated than guns. to buy a car, you just have to have money, and register the purchase on a notary public. you don't even need to have a license. But you cant use a car if you dont have said license.
    To buy a gun here, you need a psych and knowledge test, a special license, and a waiting period. Oh, and you cant use a gun on private land (AFAIK) that you own, only on a shooting range, or on a hunting party
    Which is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Register all guns, require safety and shooting proficiency training on a yearly basis, and while we are at it, require all gun owners to be part of the reserves, since that was the original intent of the second amendment.
    You see, registeries lead to lists. Lists lead to databases. Databases lead to persecution. Persecution leads to FEMA death camps for those on the list. They'd be rounded up, given a symbol on their stylish, mandatory jumpers. Maybe a star. Then those poor firearms would be told one day to big a huge trench, or that it was "communal shower day".

How can you be for registeries when this has happened before. Seriously, there was a war about it. The whole world was involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You see, registeries lead to lists. Lists lead to databases. Databases lead to persecution. Persecution leads to FEMA death camps for those on the list. They'd be rounded up, given a symbol on their stylish, mandatory jumpers. Maybe a star. Then those poor firearms would be told one day to big a huge trench, or that it was "communal shower day".

How can you be for registeries when this has happened before. Seriously, there was a war about it. The whole world was involved.
    I really wonder how that type of gun owner can have a drivers license.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Screen checks actually check for all of those “things”, that lead to use of guns. That’s what screenings are for. For example, mental illness that Trump revoked the day before. Waiting times are not aimed at guns, but at stopping crimes of passion. None of these are things NRA and GOP are willing to accept as being independent of gun rights, but argue them as part of second amendment.

Screening is one of the things you seem to suggest and what these students have suggested. But, yours is reasonable, while they are being used by the media. Instead, Trump proposed and is now defending his suggestion to arm teachers. Completley ignoring who teachers are and simply moving to a new location, that I am guessing will need armed guards as well.

It’s no coincidence that every suggestion Trump has, seems to have one principle in mind... how not to impact gun sales negatively. I think he figured out how to make government boost gun sales. Wouldn’t be a hoot, if the response to untether government from NRA, is to set a precedent that guns are mandated for jobs like teachers?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    It seems that way because of age and time. I’m too close to 40 to call it by any other number. Unlike me, these kids were not born during columbine. They were 11 during Sandy Hook. In 10 years, these kids will be as jaded on the gun issue, as we are.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-02-22 at 02:54 PM.