Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    OK seriously question, do you really want this woman to burn or be, buried under the bus because of what she has done and the particulars of this case, or do you simply have a need to see that if she was a guy that's exactly what would happen, whether that would be right or wrong?

I just ask because whatever floats your boat, but I think that perspective is important when considering your position on this issue.
    I don't think people should be able to get away with sleeping with a 12-15 year old no matter they be man or woman its that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only they had gotten married, they could have saved Tennis the trouble of making this thread.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    You can disagree with him if you want. But I completely agree with him.
    I would’ve loved to have fucked my 7th grade English teacher...guess what? I still feel that way.

By your logic someone shouldn’t have sex with an older individual until 20+ which is also ridiculous.

And yes in the current atmosphere (at least as I’m aware of things) an older woman in a position of power vs. an older man in a position of power are two totally different things, men should get harsher sentences (in most cases). Tbh I’m in the logic that p going in v is much different than v going over p.
    its pretty sound logic that older people shouldn't take advantage of younger people who are not fully developed.

also an older man with a younger girl is different how? by your logic if the girl wants it for what ever reason it should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don't think people should be able to get away with sleeping with a 12-15 year old no matter they be man or woman its that simple.
    OK so what do you think should happen to either? If this was a He would YOU feel the same way?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I wish I was that lucky when I was in school!
    That seems really desperate.

7+ Year Old Account
    OK so what do you think should happen to either? If this was a He would YOU feel the same way?
    I think rather it be an older male with a girl or a gay boy or a older woman with a boy (or gay girl???) they should go to jail for as long as what ever the average pedophile sentence is and be forced to have no contact with the youth involved after words.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    I can asset pretty confidently that from 7th grade (Age 12) through High School graduation I'd have slept with any reasonably good looking female teacher that I could have.
    No offense but you are delusional. Most normal women are not attracted to middle school children. Most normal adult women aren't attracted to teenage boys, either, but they are most especially not attracted to little boys in middle school.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think rather it be an older male with a girl or a gay boy or a older woman with a boy (or gay girl???) they should go to jail for as long as what ever the average pedophile sentence is and be forced to have no contact with the youth involved after words.
    Ok then one final question why?

And I will share mine. I agree, but I think that mostly that is because despite my sarcasm, I don't find this a light hearted matter, just more pathetic that someone would think a simple apology would do it.

Some might argue from a bygone era or time long ago, where things happened at much earlier ages, but to this I say that is because much of what we now know not only about the physical body, but the mind as well comes into play. And while I am certain a 14 year old can seem as mature as an 18 year old, the truth of the matter is no matter how intelligent, time and experience hazing allowed for them to develop independent of any thoughts but their own long enough.

I also think those who prey on younger children know things, because it is a built in instinct, and thus they should be held accountable, because they are responsible, just as we need to be for them for the rest of their days to protect those who could be future victims.

But I am curious as to why you feel the way you do and art against this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok then one final question why?

And I will share mine. I agree, but I think that mostly that is because despite my sarcasm, I don't find this a light hearted matter, just more pathetic that someone would think a simple apology would do it.

Some might argue from a bygone era or time long ago, where things happened at much earlier ages, but to this I say that is because much of what we now know not only about the physical body, but the mind as well comes into play. And while I am certain a 14 year old can seem as mature as an 18 year old, the truth of the matter is no matter how intelligent, time and experience hazing allowed for them to develop independent of any thoughts but their own long enough.

I also think those who prey on younger children know things, because it is a built in instinct, and thus they should be held accountable, because they are responsible, just as we need to be for them for the rest of their days to protect those who could be future victims.

But I am curious as to why you feel the way you do and art against this.
    I see it as people taking advantage of youth who are not fully developed, if i had it myw way any one without a fully developed brain (25) wouldn't be able to drink smoke or do any thing that could stunt the development of the brain. I would also have it so no one over 25 could sleep with any one under unless they were to say start dating before either was 25.

I do not think people should take advantage of those under them, rather that be people dumber then you people poorer then you ect, this is no different tis some one being taken advantage of by some one who should be looking out for them as they are in a higher position, that being doubly so as not does the teacher have a full adult brain but she is also some one the youth should be able to relay upon as she has been put above by the education system.

7+ Year Old Account
    its pretty sound logic that older people shouldn't take advantage of younger people who are not fully developed.

also an older man with a younger girl is different how? by your logic if the girl wants it for what ever reason it should be fine.
    That's not really what I'm saying. I'm saying in "most" situations a male student could get out of the situation.
    While a female student may be more so in fear of receiving physical harm whether she consciously recognizes it or not.

In a situation with an older male not only do they have the positional power but in most cases they also how a physical power that can influence a girl to act a certain way consciously or not. Also I still do believe there's a large difference in the pitching vs catching positions, even if its in a primal/sexual sense.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it as people taking advantage of youth who are not fully developed, if i had it myw way any one without a fully developed brain (25) wouldn't be able to drink smoke or do any thing that could stunt the development of the brain. I would also have it so no one over 25 could sleep with any one under unless they were to say start dating before either was 25.

I do not think people should take advantage of those under them, rather that be people dumber then you people poorer then you ect, this is no different tis some one being taken advantage of by some one who should be looking out for them as they are in a higher position, that being doubly so as not does the teacher have a full adult brain but she is also some one the youth should be able to relay upon as she has been put above by the education system.
    WOW I like you, you should run for President. Daemos Daemonium 2020! I like it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    That's not really what I'm saying. I'm saying in "most" situations a male student could get out of the situation.
    While a female student may be more so in fear of receiving physical harm whether she consciously recognizes it or not.

In a situation with an older male not only do they have the positional power but in most cases they also how a physical power that can influence a girl to act a certain way consciously or not. Also I still do believe there's a large difference in the pitching vs catching positions, even if its in a primal/sexual sense.
    most 30 year old's are gonna to have just as much physical power over a 12 year old as most 12 year old's are not very big.

Using an elegant model in which eye movements, or saccades, reveal insight into executive brain function, Beatriz Luna, Ph.D., Staunton Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, Pitt School of Medicine, has studied hundreds of young volunteers to examine brain development during the transition between childhood and adulthood.

“Our studies are beginning to challenge the traditional concept that the teenage brain can’t plan because of an immature prefrontal cortex,” Dr. Luna said. “Our findings indicate that the teen prefrontal cortex is not much different than in the adult, but it can be easily overruled by heightened motivation centers in the brain. You have this mixture of newly gained executive control plus extra reward that is pulling the teenager toward immediate gratification.”

In the experiments, volunteers are instructed to immediately look away from a small light that randomly appears on a screen in front of them. This “anti-saccade” test shows if the brain is able to engage the planning centers of the prefrontal cortex to overcome the impulse to look toward the light rather than away from it. Dr. Luna’s team has found in previous studies that children succeed in about half their tries, teens in about 70 percent of tries and adults in about 90 percent of tries. People with mental illnesses typically struggle with the task.

The study team had volunteers do the same tasks while scanning their brains with functional MRI. They found that much of the architecture of mature brain is in place by adolescence, but the ability of the networks to talk to one another and integrate information is still a work in progress.
    “Further enhancement of this network integration is likely why adults can switch and very quickly adapt their behavior to changing circumstances, which is more difficult for adolescents,” Dr. Luna explained.

She added that while parents and teachers sometimes find bewildering the choices teens might make, their brains are perfectly adapted to explore and take some chances as they become independent adults.
    (Source)
    The idea that the development of the frontal lobe—which may not fully develop in some people until they reach their early thirties—directly effects decision making in a significant way is overstated. Although as mentioned there are other factors at play within the brain as well as externally: genetics, diet, culture, etc.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-02-22 at 04:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    (Source)
    The idea that the development of the frontal lobe—which may not fully develop in some people until they reach their early thirties—directly effects decision making in a significant way is overstated. Although as mentioned there are other factors at play within the brain as well as externally: genetics, diet, culture, etc.
    it says in your own quote.
    but the ability of the networks to talk to one another and integrate information is still a work in progress.
    a adult and teen/child brain is not the same and show not be treated as the same.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    We're not talking about teacher-student relationships. I'm certain those are still illegal in Italy. The inherent issue with anything like that is grooming is usually involved, and grooming a child leads them to have warped senses of reality.
    What? I don't know what you're talking about, I already explained that Italy's age of consent is 14, so no, it's not illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I think the age of consent should be firmly past the point at which a teenager stops experiencing puberty, which would be 15-16.
    What if the kid has a genetic or hormonal irregularity that causes them to finish puberty at the age of 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I love how you're now defining 12 year olds as teenagers and how you're doubling down on your argument that it's somehow not pedophilia. Please, tell me more.
    I didn't said that 12 was a "teenager". I said that 12-15 generally doesn't fall under the umbrella of prepubescent, that pubescent teenagers don't fall under the umbrella of pedophilia and that pointing those facts out is not "defending" anything. If you can't read, don't type.

you know other then when it is prepubescent.
    I've yet to see an article that lists the actual ages of any of the boys or their state of puberty so that point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What? I don't know what you're talking about, I already explained that Italy's age of consent is 14, so no, it's not illegal.
    I seriously don't get how you don't grasp how a teacher-student sexual relationship might be legally different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    "God here comes the parade of people who think it’s ok for boys to be statutory raped."

Them being 12 or 15 makes a big difference here to me in what I think of what the teacher did.
    Well, it shouldn't.

She is in a position of power, which she obviously exploited.
    It doesn't matter if the boy was 10, 12 or 15 - It was still very wrong.

Imagine if this had been an old guy and a girl at the age of 15. RIP.

I can't find the age of the boy she did this with, but if the roles were reversed and a man had done all she did with a 7-9th grade girl there's no way in hell he'd be suspended (WITH PAY!) and spared of jail.

Quite frankly it seems in our current climate women can diddle kids to their hearts content and never be charged as a man would, These people are sick and are in need of MAJOR help letting them off with a paid vacation from work and a light slap on the wrist is not the proper response to statutory rape.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I seriously don't get how you don't grasp how a teacher-student sexual relationship might be legally different.
    It's really baffling having this conversation. In some countries and states, there are laws restricting teacher-student consent, generally adding a year or two, yes. No idea if Italy does.

But I'm not talking about a teacher-student relationship. So it's irrelevant.

Let me rephrase the question: in Italy, a 14 year old has a consensual sexual relationship with, let's say, a 30 year old. Not her teacher or any other category you might think of. Is she being psychologically abused? Would the scenario be different if the same relationship happened in a country where that's under the age of consent?
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-02-22 at 07:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.