View Poll Results: Would you like and overlay system or something similar?

Voters
155. This poll is closed
  • Yes, please

142 91.61%
  • No, thank you

13 8.39%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    That looks like a pretty fun idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    Awesome idea OP, like really, really good. It would be !@#$ing cool to play, e.g. a Paladin and have a "Sun" theme for Tauren pallies and an "Arcane" theme for Blood Elf pallies. Bring it on!

7+ Year Old Account
    I like that idea can i be a paladin-monk combo
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I think this is awesome. This is the way to add more unique class options from the rpg without having to worry about changing them. The only issue I see with this is them taking a well established class like spellbreaker and reducing it to just a cosmetic appearance.

Sounds pretty awesome, honestly. I'd like to use silver/moon effects on my night elf priest, instead of light effects. Same for night elf paladins, if we ever get them.

The idea is ok

but blizzard making 3x the amount of class art?

I mean.. can we have old textures updated first?
    Last edited by Axaion; 2018-02-21 at 06:51 AM. Reason: i should read op

Deleted
    After we get 2 new ranged classes sure, why not. I would take gameplay improvement over cosmetic fluff any day. But cosmetic sells and this does look cool, so I would not be surprised if something cosmetic like this would be a major selling point of some upcoming expansion in the future. Allied races are already a major feature of next expac, probably the only major selling point (so far I dont see anything else).

When I see suggestions like these Im sad WoW cant be modded like many single-player games. If it was a single-player game some modders would make all this stuff, create all those spell effects and game devs would just copy-paste it few months later.

Would love to see something like this.

Only issue I can see would be trying to maintain parity between specs/classes/races.

Trolls for example, have a plethora of possible overlays for most specs in the game whereas humans, draenei etc wouldn't really have many paths that could be applicable in a wider sense.

Deleted
    That would be so amazing, yet another thing to spend time obtaining!

The idea in itself is fantastic! You need to put this idea to blizzard so they can see it.!

Deleted
    Zandalari Paladin -> Prelate
    Tauren Paladin -> Sunwalker (with totem)
    Dwarf Paladin -> Thane
    Human Paladin -> Crusader
    Belf Paladin -> Blood Knight
    Draenei Paladin -> Vindicator/Speeker of the Dead

So many fix for a butchered class/lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overlays, not sure I'm getting it right, we're talking about thematic system change of a class to take on a different setup of appearances, right?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

After Allied Races... "Ensemble Glyph" Spell Graphics?

So over the past few expansions, Blizzard has always added a new race or a new class or some big feature to serve as a major selling point.

With Allied races added and the existence of heritage armor, I've begun thinking about what the next big addition to the game would be, and began thinking about the spells and abilities a lot of our characters use.

Troll Shadowhunters/Priests/Etc and Night elf Moon Priestesses/Wardens both suffer a bit since a lot of their aesthetic is tied to lore and presentation that isn't easily reflected in classes, or has been split up over classes.

Juxtapose Nelf druids with nelf priests.

Or Troll Shaman, with their raptor glyphs, with troll priests or mages.

Glyphs alleviate some of the friction, but what if in the future Blizz offers Glyph "Ensembles" that can be earned and stored similar to armor appearances allowing players to better match their class with their faction/race.

Examples:

A troll warlock with a voodoo-mask spirit instead of an imp and with spells that look more like voodoo hexes.

Or a Night elf priestess able to make their spells look "Elunite"
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of the idea someone had on the forum about overlays. I would gladly support this idea and it would give a little more market to the scribes, though they should be expected to do content to obtain these plans.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    sounds like stuff that will be sold on the blizzardshop.

Deleted
    Blizzard could make Overlays Skin just like Mage Tower Challenge stuff for cosmetic purpose only to add a more customization for a RPG, sounds crazy right?, and even decide to sell "Overlays" in the Shop for 5-10-15 bucks like MOBA Skins, and those would be selling like fresh bread.

There's already a thread about this:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ation-Overlays

Deleted
    This sounds absolutely fantastic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    There's already a thread about this:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ation-Overlays
    You have linked this same thread :v

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    You have linked this same thread :v
    They merged the threads

I guess its just a reskin type of customization. Really doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't really take a ton of time, if it makes people happy I don't see a problem with it. They would likely charge people for it though.