High elves (blood elves now) use the power of the sunwell for their magic. And still, they are no match for trolls and his "mumbo jumbo". Just saying trolls are badass and have been killing entire partys of "mighty" elves for centuries. Trolls deserve respect, and are no joke race.

My english is no better than the troll language, but I hope I made myself understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sospe View Post
    High elves (blood elves now) use the power of the sunwell for their magic. And still, they are no match for trolls and his "mumbo jumbo". Just saying trolls are badass and have been killing entire partys of "mighty" elves for centuries. Trolls deserve respect, and are no joke race.

My english is no better than the troll language, but I hope I made myself understandable.
    Some people just don't like them and write their on fanfics on how the race is functioning. You could link them some stuff like in-game books or recommend book like Chronicles but I doubt it would change their opinion on it. The kind of people like George Lucas got their minds already set. I don't even bother to talk with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia-Blizz View Post
    As someone who nearly completed Nazmir (thanks to a little bug at the end..., but hey Alpha is Alpha ), Vol'jin is mentioned nowhere during the quests, even Bwonsamdi is not talking about him.
    That is sad. But it could be that not entire story is complete in Alpha yet, or it's meant to be event once you do all of the stories, or it's patch stuff thing?

But truth to be told I keep my expectations low. Anyway thanks for update : )
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    How exactly does it blow up in their own faces? Right now it just seems you want them to look silly for the sake of your argument.
    Gurubashi summoning Hakkar twice and trying to enslave him once. Drakkari killing their gods to preserve their race. Zandalari failing all over the world, because some dude said they have to, because voodoo dreams and shiet. Zul'farrak getting wrecked because their chieftain is obsessed with Sul'thraze and destiny and shiet. The ancient Zandalari getting attacked by the Aqir, because good o'l Zan'do and his followers thought the corpse of Kith'ix was a Loa. Zalazane being driven mad by the voodoo powers, that Gadrin taught him and then using that power to slaughter his own people.
    Their is probably more...

Quote Originally Posted by Sospe View Post

Okay, you convinced me, I'm sorry.

And since Ramz got his mind already set, I don't even bother to talk with him. Some people just blindly love them and write their own fanfics on how the race is functioning. You could link them some stuff like in-game books or recommend book like Chronicles but I doubt it would change their opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I suspect George (new surname?) also sees Pandaren as "the kiddie race".
    Good arguments you not have. Still much to learn you have.

Trolls are one of the most successful races on Azeroth, their losses mostly come from being pitted against the protagonists.
    The Darkspear, to put it in a simplified way, went from underdogs no one knew to sharing control over much of Kalimdor merely by foregoing xenophobia and joining the Horde. Aside from the Garrosh chapter, they are basically the second most influential race of the Horde.
    I assume the Zandalari will have a similar resurgence, growing strong in the Horde after their attempt to ally with the Mogu (the villains of the first two acts of MoP) failed.
    They are really smart and cool and you are stupid if you think otherwise!
    Last edited by George Lucas; 2018-02-22 at 01:04 PM.

I suspect George (new surname?) also sees Pandaren as "the kiddie race".

Trolls are one of the most successful races on Azeroth, their losses mostly come from being pitted against the protagonists.
    The Darkspear, to put it in a simplified way, went from underdogs no one knew to sharing control over much of Kalimdor merely by foregoing xenophobia and joining the Horde. Aside from the Garrosh chapter, they are basically the second most influential race of the Horde.
    I assume the Zandalari will have a similar resurgence, growing strong in the Horde after their attempt to ally with the Mogu (the villains of the first two acts of MoP) failed.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Gurubashi summoning Hakkar twice and trying to enslave him once. Drakkari killing their gods to preserve their race. Zandalari failing all over the world, because some dude said they have to, because voodoo dreams and shiet. Zul'farrak getting wrecked because their chieftain is obsessed with Sul'thraze and destiny and shiet. The ancient Zandalari getting attacked by the Aqir, because good o'l Zan'do and his followers thought the corpse of Kith'ix was a Loa. Zalazane being driven mad by the voodoo powers, that Gadrin taught him and then using that power to slaughter his own people.
    Their is probably more...
    So I imagine it's elves that the biggest joke race in entire wow. They constantly screw things up. Man, what a failure.

And since Ramz got his mind already set, I don't even bother to talk with him. Some people just blindly love them and write their own fanfics on how the race is functioning. You could link them some stuff like in-game books or recommend book like Chronicles but I doubt it would change their opinion on it.
    LOL, looks like I hit right where it hurts. Poorly reverting my words doesn't do a thing.

And it's she not he.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    So I imagine it's elves that the biggest joke race in entire wow. They constantly screw things up. Man, what a failure.
    Yes, thank you for agreeing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We all know that humans are WoW's master race. The rest are peasants
    Shut your mouth you filthy humane! Gnolls reign supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We all know that humans are WoW's master race. The rest are peasants
    Unless scourge happens. Then they go down like flies xD
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Unless scourge happens. Then they go down like flies xD
    Because Scourge master race.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Trolls are a joke race and their role was always that of an incompetent enemy. I don't see why they would not be able to continually serve in this role, just because this troll guy nobody ever cared about died in a cinematic. And his role as an urn/Thrall's sidekick is a pretty funny and appropriate one, for a joke character.
    Well, horde characters have a pretty strong tie to him considering he is as relevant to the creation of the horde as Thrall/Cairn were. Plus he led a revolution against Garrosh and was appointed as our Warchief to succeed Garrosh. Blizzard definitely did him dirty with the whole "stabbed by a nobody, twice" and then dies, leaving us with the "Bitch Queen" so obviously we expect more from him.

Because Scourge master race.
    But scouge had plenty of races within itself. So Scourge is more of a faction.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

5+ Year Old Account
    Within the Lore: Trolls are fantastic.

Yeah, sometimes they fail when they try to eat their gods, but sometimes they succeed. And while they've done some stupid shit in their 10,000 year history let's not forget they've also built empires that stretch across the face of Azeroth, subjugate the pandaren for thousands of years, crushed rebellions and uprisings against their might, and destroyed countless Elf Settlements across the world (sometimes while using their gods as living weapons against their enemies).

Hell, the biggest part of Troll "Failure" in recent history was slaughtering Quel'dorei -so hard- that the High Elves were panicking and terrified in their little forest-homes to the point that they begged Stromgarde and the humans of the Arathian nations to come rescue them. Their ruthless conquest of Quel'thalas was so effective that the haughty high elves hit their knees before lowly humans.

Piss off with that "Trolls are a joke race!" bullshit. Trolls are cool. It's Forum Trolls that suck.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Within the Lore: Trolls are fantastic.

Yeah, sometimes they fail when they try to eat their gods, but sometimes they succeed. And while they've done some stupid shit in their 10,000 year history let's not forget they've also built empires that stretch across the face of Azeroth, subjugate the pandaren for thousands of years, crushed rebellions and uprisings against their might, and destroyed countless Elf Settlements across the world (sometimes while using their gods as living weapons against their enemies).

Hell, the biggest part of Troll "Failure" in recent history was slaughtering Quel'dorei -so hard- that the High Elves were panicking and terrified in their little forest-homes to the point that they begged Stromgarde and the humans of the Arathian nations to come rescue them. Their ruthless conquest of Quel'thalas was so effective that the haughty high elves hit their knees before lowly humans.

Piss off with that "Trolls are a joke race!" bullshit. Trolls are cool. It's Forum Trolls that suck.
    No. Within the lore Trolls are a joke race, that is a fact. Slaughtering Elves was probably the only good thing they ever did, but then they lost and were again reduced to a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Within lore Trolls had one of the largest empires in the world and have held a pretty important place in the Horde, albeit one that Blizzard really hasn't expanded on as much as they should have.
    Yes, a joke empire that won one war, that was caused by their own stupidity.
    Last edited by George Lucas; 2018-02-22 at 02:09 PM.

No. Within the lore Trolls are a joke race, that is a fact. Slaughtering Elves was probably the only good thing they ever did, but then they lost and were again reduced to a joke.
    Within lore Trolls had one of the largest empires in the world and have held a pretty important place in the Horde, albeit one that Blizzard really hasn't expanded on as much as they should have.

Well Vol'Jin has to be featured in some way together with Thrall anyway, they were shown at Blizzcon.

*Praises that Vol'Jin will be back, and not some dull cameo*
    Was this answered yet?

Blizzard told us that some of the leaders will get a story-campaign like the one we had about Illidan in Legion. I doubt that this will be in the Alpha/Beta. I'm going to look for the source of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Was this answered yet?

Blizzard told us that some of the leaders will get a story-campaign like the one we had about Illidan in Legion. I doubt that this will be in the Alpha/Beta. I'm going to look for the source of this.
    Yeah me to and so far no mention of Vol'Jin and Thrall in BfA.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Was this answered yet?

I don't think they had stated much further beyond the slide showing thrall holding up an Urn labeled "Vol'jin"

found it:

Before I hand off to Ion, I want to take a minute to talk about character stories. In Legion, we did the character story for Illidan, and we really liked how that turned out across the patches — which by the way, it’s not quite done yet. You will get there pretty soon. For Battle of Azeroth, we wanted to do a lot more of that. We wanted to evolve more characters. So we wanted to follow the lives of Anduin (the Lion of Stormwind), and Sylvanas — as they lead their people through this war; and of course, we are going to adventure with Jaina — as she goes to her homeland: Kul’Tiras.
    then this picture follows (we know that in the next sequence Thrall holds the Urn of Vol'jin's remains)

and then the most important part in this context:

We will find out where she has been, because I know you are all asking. Where she is at today, and most importantly where she is going? What about Thrall? Where is the orc that founded this new Horde? What is his place in all of this? … and lastly, we are not going to go to the cradle of troll civilization without exploring the story of our favorite troll: Vol’jin.
    Source: http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...l-transcript/3

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls lore are interesting but they aren't exactly the rulers you look for. I don't play a troll anyways(Not a fan of them I just like their lore). I do think they belong in Warcraft though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It bothers me a bit that tortollans don't have an accent, you would think they would have an accent similar to trolls due to close relations.
    Last edited by Gurmech; 2018-02-22 at 03:31 PM.