Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I dunno, does FL have the death sentence?

I would try his case no differently than anyone who committed the same crimes as he did.

i believe yes, capital punishment is legal in florida.
    Beyond that, the federal government can take over cases from states without capital punishment and request the death penalty for defendant in mass murder anyway.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2018-02-22 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Why? He does not deserve so.

Someone who does something like that should never be killed, that equals granting them freedom.
    They should stick to a dark room for the rest of their lives until insanity completely takes over.. if it hasn´t already.

By killing you remove any possible suffer, remorsedevelopment, you simply put that person to sleep and allow them to get away with it, because their crime will become the last thing they did, it will become what they did in their live, rather than it being suffering as a pay coin for their crime.
    +1

10charswow

Cut off one limb per year, starting with where the sun don’t shine. I’d like to see the guy who still commits a crime like that with this type of punishment, execution is lame, it’s an easy out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Should the Florida Shooter be Executed?

So listening to a very heated debate at work where people was arguing weither the Florida shooter be executed or not and it got me thinking where i stand on this.

Clearly the guy did it so there isnt a shred of doubt about being innocent but should the penalty for what he did be death?

Though he has mental issues clearly he knew what he was doing and he knew it was wrong so its hard to justify a plea of insanity.

I know alot of gun owners at work who wants to see that kid swing because he has in there eyes he has ruined gun ownership and made gun laws alot more likely with a possible assault weapon ban in the future.

Thing is iam against the death penalty because of the miscarriages of justice but when a case is this cut and dry its hard not to see the case for death in this instance.
    NO. but not cause i feel bad for him, but because i think dead is an easy way out, let him rot in jail. forced labor for the rest of his life. death penalty? man they even put him to sleep. painless death. at least torture him to dead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Hang him from a noose till he dies.
    this! /10char

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Normally I am against execution but honestly, we have absolute proof he did do the thing he is accused of. He is absolutely guilty so, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    No, because the death sentence is outlawed in the civilized world.
    Outlawing the death sentence is what is making the word uncivilized. We should extend the death sentence to many more crimes, such as repeat offenders for crimes like theft. If the police were free to go around giving beat downs, and home owners were free to shoot fleeing robbers in the back, crime would go way down both out of fear and simple killing of criminals. For example, every home owner should have a door camera, and with evidence be free to shoot people stealing packages off the front door. If several people were killed for stealing packages, and it was shown on TV, with the criminals body on display hanging in front of the town, how long do you expect packages would keep being stolen off doorsteps?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Outlawing the death sentence is what is making the word uncivilized. We should extend the death sentence to many more crimes, such as repeat offenders for crimes like theft. If the police were free to go around giving beat downs, and home owners were free to shoot fleeing robbers in the back, crime would go way down both out of fear and simple killing of criminals. For example, every home owner should have a door camera, and with evidence be free to shoot people stealing packages off the front door. If several people were killed for stealing packages, and it was shown on TV, with the criminals body on display hanging in front of the town, how long do you expect packages would keep being stolen off doorsteps?
    lol ok or you shoot/beat the wrong person and their husband/wife/kid/family member/gang member/partner would walk up to your families sunday dinner and shoot you in the face. video (warning actual murder video, but you're a tough guy right)
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

He should get life and his entire sentence should be served in solitary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Rope is cheaper than all his meals.
    Well, good luck circumventing due process. Regardless of how heinous the criminal is, you really don't want to set a precedent for ignoring it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    No. The death penalty has no space in a modern society. We have other tools and strategies to deal with these scenarios.
    Prison for life sounds about right. Death is an easy way out.

To those saying 'prison for life'. Are you also happy for taxpayers to cover the considerable expense to pay for it? Its not exactly cheap to house inmates for 50+ years! Dont just pretend that because hes in prison, for life, he has no effect on the taxpayer. People like him, collectively, cost a ton of money to exist and sustain in prison, even if you will never see or hear from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    To those saying 'prison for life'. Are you also happy for taxpayers to cover the considerable expense to pay for it? Its not exactly cheap to house inmates for 50+ years! Dont just pretend that because hes in prison, for life, he has no effect on the taxpayer. People like him, collectively, cost a ton of money to exist and sustain in prison, even if you will never see or hear from them again.
    I would be more worried about the millions of imprisoned "drug offenders" being a drain on society than the few mass murderers. Priorities!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Rotting in prison keeps the person away while freeing us from the being the decider on who is supposed to die. Killing him and others only serves for personal satisfaction, plain and simple.
    Putting someone in prison for life is removing them from society, but the cost to house, feed, cloth, and provide security for that person is not removed from society. I personally think if there is no chance they will ever be given their freedom back, it is better for everyone if they were put to death.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

No, we are not animalus distictus.

I mean TECHNICALLY he should be put in jail and rehabilitated to become a functioning member of society, whether he is capable of doing that or not.
    In reality prison is anything but used for that purpose, which is its purpose. In fact, prison only makes becoming that even more difficult because they're private and don't give a shit. I don't think anyone should ever be executed
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Yes. Families of the people killed should get 5 minutes with him and once that's done go out back and put a bullet in his head. I'll pay for the gun a bullet so the gubment doesn't have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    And another one for the list of expendables.
    By your own standards:

It's a pretty obvious sign of psychopathy to assume the position of being a valid judge over someone else's life. You become equal to the judged.
    at least you are there with. Judging me expendable and all.

People like that should be donated to the science for testing. So we don't torture mice and other animals.

I didn't kill you, nor do I want to. The fact that you don't see this difference is yet even more indication towards you psychopathy.
    Right. Just judging someone expendable somehow makes all the difference when the end result is the same. I think you hide your insanity well.

Tied to two bend trees then when released the recoil will tear a man apart, it's a glorious way to go.