Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    The last time I played this game was when it launched and I played it for about a month, wasn't all that great. Interesting that less than 10 years later I have the opportunity to go back to the time I quit and quit again.

To be fair makes sense why they are releasing it so soon after announcing.

It's not like they had to do much work to get the same client up and running. The same client that still doesn't have proper multicore support I might add. Ironic how they claim they can't go back because of bugfixing yet the current client is riddled with a few....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    It's all the same mechanics/souls of current Rift in a more limited version of the game rather than what WoW Classic is (suppose to be).
    That's seriously unfortunate. Never mind then.

Deleted
    Oh no soul trees? Good to know, I didn't really do much research at all. Seems I got hyped for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    Oh no soul trees? Good to know, I didn't really do much research at all. Seems I got hyped for nothing.
    I wonder how many others are going to make the same mistake. Trion, while not actively trying to hide it, aren't very forthright about it either. I wouldn't go as far as to accuse them of being intentionally decietful, but I will say that they're lying by omission.

It's sad tbh.

When this game eventually does shut down it's going to be remembered as a game that spent it's last moments trying to nickle and dime it's players rather than provide a quality experience.

"Hey, pay a sub fee to play our p2w game without p2w elements - oh, but it will end at some point (we're not telling teehee!) and then you can only continue playing your character on our p2w servers."

Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me, dawg.

10+ Year Old Account

Seems none of the usual 'concerned' posters want to give it a try then, pity, was going to give away a few free codes, oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    It's Rift, who cares.
    I was hoping it was like an updated graphics patch of some-sort. The graphics looks more dated then wow even though its much newer.

Just rift version of classic servers is meh. They game is clunky and needs to be updated. Make gameplay more smooth, make graphics better. People like shiny things. I have a hard time playing it because of clunky gameplay. That's literally why I quit. It had/has such potential. At this point a rift 2 might be a better idea. Or Rift: A realm reborn . Some kind of reboot is what I was hoping for.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    I was hoping it was like an updated graphics patch of some-sort. The graphics looks more dated then wow even though its much newer.

Just rift version of classic servers is meh. They game is clunky and needs to be updated. Make gameplay more smooth, make graphics better. People like shiny things. I have a hard time playing it because of clunky gameplay. That's literally why I quit. It had/has such potential. At this point a rift 2 might be a better idea. Or Rift: A realm reborn . Some kind of reboot is what I was hoping for.
    Not happening.

Rift 2 would just be a better looking game with the same questionable stuff. Trion don't have the money for another MMO on that scale. Look at the state of their current games other than Trove.

Also classic Rift would actually be great. But it's not Classic. It's a warped version with modern features such as the modern soul trees because Trion have zero clue how to actually build a classic client.

As I said their excuse is bugfixing which is an absolute lie since other companies do just fine with classic versions of their games. But apparently this is what the players want according to their "statistics" which consist of asking a few of their rabid hardcore fans at random conventions.

So apparently if the few hardcore fans and whales want it then that's what Trion will do. So if anything the people who asked for this abomination are in the minority.

If it was actual classic with the original soul trees and setup then fine. But it just isn't.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-22 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not happening.

Rift 2 would just be a better looking game with the same questionable stuff. Trion don't have the money for another MMO on that scale. Look at the state of their current games other than Trove.

Also classic Rift would actually be great. But it's not Classic. It's a warped version with modern features such as the modern soul trees because Trion have zero clue how to actually build a classic client.

As I said their excuse is bugfixing which is an absolute lie since other companies do just fine with classic versions of their games. But apparently this is what the players want according to their "statistics" which consist of asking a few of their rabid hardcore fans at random conventions.

So apparently if the few hardcore fans and whales want it then that's what Trion will do. So if anything the people who asked for this abomination are in the minority.

If it was actual classic with the original soul trees and setup then fine. But it just isn't.
    Sometimes I wish I was a billionaire and I could just buy up these games who have such potential but the devs are failing. Rift, Wildstar, STWOR, etc.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Seems none of the usual 'concerned' posters want to give it a try then, pity, was going to give away a few free codes, oh well.
    Would have to be pretty desperate to want one.

Dear God, I was reading through the official discussion forum and saw this. I couldn't help but laugh, what an absolute joke.

Even highlighted in orange in the original post for your enjoyment.
    "GOOD news: As long as you have RIFT Live patched, you will not need to install anything else. On launch day, you will see both game services listed on the left, in the games list. That's it, that's all you need. I was surprised at this too, and REALLY happy about it, as my hard drive is a tad on the full side (hoarder in game, hoarder on my PC).
    So all you need is to patch that day's update and you're done. BAM!" - TrionBrasse

Rift Prime is, in the most literal sense, a scaled back version of the current live game. They are asking people to pay a sub fee to something they already have access to for free and most likely have already paid for in one form or another. We all knew this was a talking point for people against this launch but to have a dev openly admitting it was far too good to ignore.

This is legitimately upsetting. I was never super into RIFT but it was a pretty fun game that had some neat ideas back when it launched.

But reading the FAQ and the advertisement and this whole thing feels incredibly skeezy.

-The big feature they seem to be pushing here is that the Prime server's cash shop is cosmetic only. Something that very arguably should just be how the game is normally given how unhealthy power oriented cash shop purchases are

-They dance really hard around the fact that this is actually just modern RIFT with less content. Yeah, they technically don't lie here but it definitely feels like they're leading people on into believing that this is RIFT classic rather than just RIFT with less p2w and less content. Their FAQ page only specifically calls out stuff like looking for group and wardrobes, which makes it sound like it's primarily QoL improvements over the original game.

And then... after a year (give or take) it ends and you get shunted to the regular server anyways.

Gross stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    7 Year old MMO that has launched 3 expansion's (One expansion barely counting as a content patch) is now doing P2p Classic Servers.......

First they say this

and then right under it post this

Cash Grab much..
    They seem to be jealous about WoW: Classic.
    EZ money and no additional costs due dead servers.

This is the mount you get from the optional Pack
    Dear God... This graphics...
    I remember the days when Rift was out and it looked so amazing in compare to WoW. Now my eyes are bleeding...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Since the OP just copy pasted from the site let me tell you what this is.

This is NOT full classic. It's the current game downgraded in a patch. Even the soul trees are the current ones so build diversity will be just as awful.

Their excuse for using the current client is bugfixing which anyone with an ounce of common sense knows is BS since other games have been able to use older clients or modified versions of older ones just fine.

This is using a subscription. It's essentially them trying to milk whatever they can out of this game.

They claim players wanted this when I remember reading that players wanted proper classic Rift. Not some abomination like this.

In short and it's rare I tell people what to do with their money so forgive me here but don't do it. There are a few better games with a sub model worth that monthly fee imo. A lazy version of Rift classic which isn't even properly classic is not one of them.

Nor does it deserve peoples money when they can't even be bothered to actually provide what the community wanted and instead claim that they wanted a messed up version of the classic game with their "statistics". I would advise throwing that money into a sub game worth the quality such as FF14 or WoW.

Funny how they call it "before F2P" and then roll out a $30 pack literally made to set you up for Prime. Something tells me if this cash grab fails then that's it for Rift.
    Well that sounds like 2-3 years old shitty 'WoW pristine servers' (or something like that) idea.
    'Lets take current patch and disable heirlooms, LFR and a few other things. People will think it is Vanilla!'

I would not take it even if you pay me, lol.

Sometimes I wish I was a billionaire and I could just buy up these games who have such potential but the devs are failing. Rift, Wildstar, STWOR, etc.
    So do I mate.

So many good games ruined by the devs and their lust for money.

Although Wildstar wasn't due to greed more the poor decision making to be fair. Rift's is both.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-22 at 08:11 AM.

I'm sure everyone in this thread will be able to rest easy even tho they didn't get a code from you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I played rift a lot on launch. was the first raid on my server to clear gsb, etc. id be interested in a vanilla experience, but that doesnt seem to be what they are offering.

Rift and SWTOR are two I would totally do that to if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Dear God... This graphics...
    I remember the days when Rift was out and it looked so amazing in compare to WoW. Now my eyes are bleeding...
    Which is the cool thing about WoW's graphical style. It just ages a lot better than the more realistic kinda stuff a lot of other games seemed to have gone with.

Considering how the ball was dropped so hard it shattered (which is weird 'cus it was a rubber ball) on this, I am not surprised.

Trion has been a shit tier publisher for a while now. It's a shame, because they started off strong.

Not surprising they would try to cash in on nostalgia without actually doing the things people are nostalgic for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.