Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not really Alleria has been dabbling in the void for centuries and has not yet fallen, the playable character would be one of these super special snowflakes, while elves fall all around them to madness after a while, now that they are getting outcasts they might be able to maintain their very small population. Lorewise 80% of all demon hunters fall during initiation alone and their story is riddled with traitors, yet they don't get as messed up as void elves in terms of insanity and they are the very same base race, so I see no reason why they would suddenly better able to maintain a far more difficult power source.

So if we don't see some insane void elves in the future it would be very sloppy writing to say the least.
    Well, demon hunters are an order, represented in-game by a class. They are not officially part of the Alliance nor Horde. No one trusts them, no one likes them.

Void elves are narratively constructed to be differente. They are treated as a race, in a faction, that is trying to earn trust. At least so far, I find them being way less edgy than "I sacrificed everything to kill demons" DKs. To the DKs, vengeance is what matters. To void elves, it seems to be that conviction and iron will to keep themselves anchored in sanity.

While I understand the comparison between them, I don't think Blizzard is aiming to make void elves anything like demon hunters. There'll probably be levels of void use, with most void elves only using the void in its most basic possibilities, while some (Priests and Warlocks) will be delving dangerously in the darkness.

Otherwise, a race that is known to constantly fall to madness wouldn't have the trust of a faction like the Alliance.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Otherwise, a race that is known to constantly fall to madness wouldn't have the trust of a faction like the Alliance.
    They have dark irons in the Alliance for years now, they have worgen, who even after the ritual still have quite a few issues for example. It is not really about trust it is more about necessity, the void elves already start out as mistrusted and mistreated and if the other Alliance members have a shred of awareness they will always continue to mistrust them, since they simply cannot be fully trusted.

They have dark irons in the Alliance for years now, they have worgen, who even after the ritual still have quite a few issues for example.
    None of those are any worse than most races. We're not talking about just having an occasional traitor or loose canon; every race has those. We're talking about going mad under a power that wants to devour the cosmos.

It is not really about trust it is more about necessity, the void elves already start out as mistrusted and mistreated and if the other Alliance members have a shred of awareness they will always continue to mistrust them, since they simply cannot be fully trusted.
    Sure, they'll never be fully trusted, but there's still need to be a certain average level of control among them so they can even be tolerated.
    A race that is so unstable that its members get regularly mad wouldn't last long in any kind of alliance.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-02-21 at 12:32 AM.
    Whatever...

None of those are any worse than most races. We're not talking about just having an occasional traitor or loose canon; every race has those. We're talking about going mad under a power that wants to devour the cosmos.
    Well most dark irons were tied to Ragnaros, who wanted to set the world ablaze and in turn was a servant of the old gods, who are servants of the void lords.

Well most dark irons were tied to Ragnaros, who wanted to set the world ablaze and in turn was a servant of the old gods, who are servants of the void lords.
    Well they were mostly slaves, and we did vanquish most of the corrupt/evil ones before they joined the Alliance. There were also some neutral Dark Iron groups that had nothing to do with Ragnaros.

There's a difference between a race having evil leadership and a race being innately evil (or having an innate tendency to become evil when you least expect).
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-02-21 at 12:58 AM.
    Whatever...

Well, demon hunters are an order, represented in-game by a class. They are not officially part of the Alliance nor Horde. No one trusts them, no one likes them.

Void elves are narratively constructed to be differente. They are treated as a race, in a faction, that is trying to earn trust. At least so far, I find them being way less edgy than "I sacrificed everything to kill demons" DKs. To the DKs, vengeance is what matters. To void elves, it seems to be that conviction and iron will to keep themselves anchored in sanity.

While I understand the comparison between them, I don't think Blizzard is aiming to make void elves anything like demon hunters. There'll probably be levels of void use, with most void elves only using the void in its most basic possibilities, while some (Priests and Warlocks) will be delving dangerously in the darkness.

Spot on. These are my feelings too, very well articulated.

- - - Updated - - -

They have dark irons in the Alliance for years now, they have worgen, who even after the ritual still have quite a few issues for example. It is not really about trust it is more about necessity, the void elves already start out as mistrusted and mistreated and if the other Alliance members have a shred of awareness they will always continue to mistrust them, since they simply cannot be fully trusted.
    It is almost like they are switching the horde and alliance around. Necessity of allies rather than lie minds? Howeve rthere is an element of shared moral compass and values in all thea alliance races, evnen the darker ones, like the night elves, worgen and now void elves. None are portrayed as ever losing a stringent moral compass despite their more shadowy natures. Night elves are described as shadowy despite their also lawful good dispostion. Worgen also, being uner a curse and all, and now void elves modified by the void - and yet thes eare all shown to have a desire to use their powers to defend their friends which is a very alliancey thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not just that. Their connection with the Ethereals means that the Void Elves were the result of the people who wanted both Ethereals AND High Elves as playable.
    At first I lol'd, at second I thought that could be true.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    At first I lol'd, at second I thought that could be true.
    Ah yes, the classic: "Hah!... O wait!"-scenario.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann