Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    As far as i'm concerned it was the horde that 1st waltzed in armed to the teeth, burned down our settlements and so on... (yes, in WC1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    As far as i'm concerned it was the horde that 1st waltzed in armed to the teeth, burned down our settlements and so on... (yes, in WC1)
    Maybe one of your own shouldnt have invited them.

Quote Originally Posted by VomitPrincess View Post
    Well sure if you ignore the fact that Blizzard has been blatantly painting the horde as bad guys since Cata, mostly orcs and forsaken. The alliance has done terrible things mostly during the pre-vanilla era or by random insignificant shmucks who were abusing their ranks in a few 1-60 zones.
    So many apologists on these forums trying to justify every single horde atrocity because "valid military target" so that makes it alright to plague, slaughter, bomb and burn down everything in sight. Come on people

I don't really care about my faction, I play trolls and belves because they look cool and their lore is neat (to me). I thought that whole "faction pride" FUR THE HUUURD borderline-cringy neckbeard shenanigans was done in like...2009.
    Thank you for reinforcing my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    For a friendly visit.

lol

unreal
    They were brought there to conquer, but the point is on their own they would have never reached Azeroth.

This all comes down to Aegwynn messing up her guardianship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They were brought there to conquer, but the point is on their own they would have never reached Azeroth.

Well, it's not really Aegwynn's fault, when you get down to it - she couldn't have known an alien/demonic demigod had invisibly entered her body and then her womb after its defeat.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    This coming from someone named VomitPrincess.
    Yes, that is my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, it's not really Aegwynn's fault, when you get down to it - she couldn't have known an alien/demonic demigod had invisibly entered her body and then her womb after its defeat.
    She wasn't paying attention, she herself admitted it had been her arrogance to have assumed to have vanquished the avatar by herself. She even had two shadows for a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    She wasn't paying attention, she herself admitted it had been her arrogance to have assumed to have vanquished the avatar by herself. She even had two shadows for a time.
    Once the mistake was made the game was pretty much over, though; Sargeras' consciousness stopped her from registering the more obvious manifestations of his presence and she only became cognizant of what had happened once it left her to exist within Medivh.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Once the mistake was made the game was pretty much over, though; Sargeras' consciousness stopped her from registering the more obvious manifestations of his presence and she only became cognizant of what had happened once it left her to exist within Medivh.
    Yep and the reason this was possible, is because Aegwynn had become so very arrogant and conceited. If she had been ever vigilant there is a good chance she might have caught on in time and then there is of course the fact she was unwilling to hand over her power to another guardian appointed by the council, though this was influenced by Sargeras.

Ultimately Aegwynn made one mistake and it was enough to almost doom the world.

*sigh*

All these threads that are asking "Who started it" when orcs are the ones who INVADED ANOTHER PLANET. Orcs are technically just illegal immigrants and the horde is an insurgency tied together by plot armour for the sake of gameplay and race variation.

Can we move on? It's a game and I for one am excited to see how much depth BfA has in store in regards to each faction's inevitable war crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    One of your own. Yeah Sargeras is definitely on the Alliance side.

- - - Updated - - -

Messing up? It's Sargeras we talk about here.

But then again, it was the Burning Legion who brought the Orcs to Azeroth. So it was kinda no ones fault. None deliberately went full rampage mode. Maybe the Horde though. They deliberately drank the blood for power.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Maybe the Horde though. They deliberately drank the blood for power.
    Considering they pretty much lived like tauren prior to the meddling of the burning legion I doubt it.

Considering they pretty much lived like tauren prior to the meddling of the burning legion I doubt it.
    You know just as good as I that they knew they would get immensly powerful when they drank the blood. Grom did the same in Ashenvale.

But again, they were all pawns for the Burning Legion. So they have that. Most orcs lived in peace as you imply, with the Draeneis. But they knew of their bloodlust. They knew they were going to Azeroth to conquer. Blackhand for example was not a nice guy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    TIL Sargeras is an Alliance character.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of your own. Yeah Sargeras is definitely on the Alliance side.

- - - Updated - - -

Messing up? It's Sargeras we talk about here.

But then again, it was the Burning Legion who brought the Orcs to Azeroth. So it was kinda no ones fault. None deliberately went full rampage mode. Maybe the Horde though. They deliberately drank the blood for power.
    also alot of the orcs that stormed azeroth wernt hyped up on demon juice ,they were in it just for the killing.

- - - Updated - - -

almost like they were a race just BEGGING to have hatred introduced to them, and once it was they loved it and stuck with it?
    almost like how even to this day we still have orcs not hopped on on demon juice who love to fight and kill?
    Almost like people like Garrosh who never drank the demon juice, have proven tyrannical.

for that logic it would have to say the orcs once they reached azeroth and came off their orc blood high would become peaceful and caring. lets see what turned out of them after they came off their demon blood hi-

oh god... this, this is your "peaceful" race?

well maybe its just their cit-

Yeah... t...totally the armor of a peacefull, loving, nature caring race....
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-02-22 at 06:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    According to the Chronicle they didn't originate in current Zandalar, they merely settled there due to the location's perceived closeness to the Loa, making it holy ground to them. Trolls originated near the Well of Eternity, which gave sentient thought to several species, the most prolific of which was the Trolls. In essence proximity to the well accelerated evolution.

EDIT: The origin of trolls as a whole seems to be a bit vauge according to wow.gamepedia. Originally they predated the coming of the Titans. The Chronicle retconned it and says the Well of Eternity, indirectly created by the Titans, accelerated the evolution of creatures into Trolls. Apparently with BfA it's been retconned AGAIN into Trolls pre-dating the Titans.
    BfA and the Chronicles origins of the Ogre and Orcs make me question if the Troll actually aren't just more Titanforged creation like seemingly every sentient (playable) species outside of the Tauran (who might also be a Titanforged race) and the goblins, who where directly messed with by the Keepers after the Titans left (thus could have also been a Titanforged race from the battles with the Old Gods). Tying the Trolls and Elves with the Titanforged races and the Breaker based races would basically bring all the "playable" races into alignment with the Titans, but all messed with by the Old Gods or Sporemounds, thus "corrupted Titanforged" with flesh bits.

BfA is bringing in more Titan and Old God lore and seemingly more Troll lore, thus it is entirely possible they will use the two things together to give us a new insight to where the Troll, and thus the Elves, came from. They have been doing this over time since Wrath. Tying races to the Titans in one way or another, so I wouldn't put it past them to casually drop a bomb on the Troll origins that is no in Chronicles simply because no one writing it would have know about it until this year (and it could always be in Volume 3 as a "on by the way, we forgot to mention the Trolls").

The OP's bias is hilariously obvious in attempting to bait the other faction's fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    If those people actually knew the lore and read 'Tides of War' would know, that Dalaran (the neutral city) came to Theramore's defense. Rhonin sacrificed himself to save his wife, Jaina, and Kalimdor. He believed that the bomb was so strong it could rift the planet. Anyone who says what happened to Theramore was OK because it was "a legitimate military target" is just flat out dumb. Not just in regards to WoW, but IRL too. They are the kind of people who justify dropping nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki as legitimate as well or think that "guns don't kill people, people kill people" ... it couldn't possibly be the military-grade lethal weapons in the hands of unstable civilians. You just can't rationalize with these types of people and I find most of the time these are Horde players.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-02-22 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You know just as good as I that they knew they would get immensly powerful when they drank the blood. Grom did the same in Ashenvale.
    Grom already drank it once though and developed an addiction of sort. The blood's curse filled him with bloodlust and became harder to keep it in check the closer to Mannoroth he got.

Getting immensely powerful was not a bad thing and that was the only thing Orcs knew. They had no idea it would have also enslaved them to the Legion. You can see how AU Grom differently reacted to Gul'dan's proposal, gifted with that knowledge (unfortunately also deprived of other important info from Garrosh, reason why he went in full warmongering mode anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah... t...totally the armor of a peacefull, loving, nature caring race....
    Tauren are not peaceful, loving or nature caring either. But they're tribal, shamanistic and value strength and fighting prowess above all. Sounds like the exact shit that characterized the Orcish clans of old.

People should stop to conflate Tauren Druids with the whole fucking race. Tauren having Druids wasn't even a thing back in WC3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Grom already drank it once though and developed an addiction of sort. The blood's curse filled him with bloodlust and became harder to keep it in check the closer to Mannoroth he got.

Getting immensely powerful was not a bad thing and that was the only thing Orcs knew. They had no idea it would have also enslaved them to the Legion. You can see how AU Grom differently reacted to Gul'dan's proposal, gifted with that knowledge (unfortunately also deprived of other important info from Garrosh, reason why he went in full warmongering mode anyway).

Tauren are not peaceful, loving or nature caring either. But they're tribal, shamanistic and value strength and fighting prowess above all. Sounds like the exact shit that characterized the Orcish clans of old.

People should stop to conflate Tauren Druids with the whole fucking race. Tauren having Druids wasn't even a thing back in WC3.
    yes, and that is what the orcs of old were, but once they were intorduced to murder and war they have become addicted to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content