Poll: Your definitive opinion about Legion

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd say it was good. I enjoyed the introduction of the world quests and Suramar was cool. I liked the idea of the class hall and weapons but not sure the execution was the best. Could have done without the legendaries. I like the challenge of the mage towers. Art including tier was good, def an improvement from WOD.

Personally for me I'd say this one sits at the same level of WOTLK but def below Mists and BC. Much better than Cata and WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Best expansion since wotlk.
    ^That, without question. Both had very notable flaws, but what was good was head and shoulders above the rest.

An excellent expansion with some annoying bumps along the way.

Overall a good expansion.

I think it was both my favorite and least favorite expansion at the same time. I loved almost everything about it. I think the raids were great, most of the dungeons were fun, I enjoyed M+ a lot, the armor design was top notch, world quests and emissaries were a good way of dealing with dailies to me, and I enjoyed the artifact a lot.

Legendaries and titanforging did take a lot away from the game, though. Not having the best legendary at the start of the expansion felt really crippling and demoralizing. Having relics on casual alts titanforge higher than anything on your main character was also really annoying. If you are not lucky, this expansion can really take a toll on you.

pros: wardrobe

cons: AP
    legiondaries
    TF
    raid tuning has been shit due the above
    m+ for having to farm for the above
    crucible
    enhancement rework is shit

score: 0/10
    HORRIBLE
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

It's like being sent to MMO prison and having every day scheduled out for you for two years.

I am not going to lie. I enjoyed every expansion for what they gave us BUT... definitely there were weak expansions and great ones.

Legion, in my opinion, is among the great ones but it is not without any negatives.

Pros:
    Mythic + is a great thing. Love it.
    Emissaries were handled in a good way. 4 quests a day is easy.
    Legion app is great. I was glad to keep up with my alts missions throughout the day.
    Raids were amazing.
    The idea of equipping multiple legendaries is a cool idea.

Cons:
    RNG upon RNG upon RNG upon RNG upon... you get it.
    Legendary system was borked from day 1 (should've been token system).
    Mythic raid difficulties were noticeably amped up in this expansion, although in older expansions guilds had a significant amount of trouble on some bosses (even longer than current content). I think the better word here is that it is MUCH less forgiving.
    Way too long without "content" until BfA
    Aman'thul legendary trinket droprate is what?... 0.1% At least make it 5% or 10%. We all wanna have some fun and see how we parse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good expansion, plenty of stuff to do unlike in WoD and sure it has its flaws and that's why its good, not excellent. The RNG titan-uber-forge system where LFR babies can get higher ilvl pieces than normal mythic raid drops needs fucking off, legendary system and PvP is a joke - but aside from that a solid expansion.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Good : mythic+ (needs to be improved in some aspects though)
    Average : raids
    Bad : daily quests, order halls, professions, pvp balance, legendaries, class design

So, bad overall.
    Agree with this guy. Only addition under Bad is too much RNG.

It was excellent addition to WoW expansion set.

TBC = Legion > MoP > WotLK > WoD >>>>>>>>>>>.......>>>>>> Cataclysm
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    There were definitely aspects of the expansion I didn't like or found frustrating, but at the end of the day I still feel it was a solid expansion. There is ample content at the cap and I have fun when I log in.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    With Legion drawing close to its end, I think it's a good moment to give a final verdict about it. It seems to be an xpac that it's been either loved or hated, with no middle point. So let's see what is the general attitude of MMOC in this poll
    I did some great things, did some bad things. And made some big mistakes.

It was better as WoD. but lets start lists:

The good:
    - World invasions: cool things to give you the idea that the war was really on.
    - Questing : nice story's. short but fun mini quest lines. Good bonus quests
    - zones: nice different zones. Looked good.
    - story : decent ending and decent story.
    - Argus: nice way to say Space goat home planet and how the legion had all the numbers and the titans.
    - Raids: just plain good.
    - Stuff like the insane mounts to get.
    - WQ : nice way of doing daily's. And the fact that you can get mounts etc even if you are exalted by getting bags.
    - gear tokens for catch up: Nice way to faster gear alts.

The bad:
    - professions : the tier system was good. But so little flavor to it. And some professions need quests that where insane.
    - all the time gated stuff ( after it is no longer relevant): to much time gated stuff. And after it is irrelevant its still time gated. Meaning it slows down your alts.
    - no longer relevant content: Like time gated stuff. Some things where no longer relevant but still needed completing even though you done it already.
    - order hall: Some where great looking and had nice story's. Some not!. And the rewards should have upgrade and gotten new ones with each major patch.
    - classes: Some classes still had flavor. But a lot of them lost it. And become very stale.
    - x realm: Have had a lot of badluck with it. Putting me on horde pvp realms.

The ugly (mistakes):
    - garrisons: still like them. And they could have used it somehow in legion.
    - some specs/talents: Some classes and or specs had nice talent tree's. But some had very VERY bad ones. ( aka cookie cutter builds).
    - artifacts ( some of them): Storywise we lost several great EPIC legendary's that have been with us since the start of WoW. and we are going to throw them away at the end of Legion. A shame. Doomhammer, Ashrbringer...bye bye big mistake!
    - npc hero's: A lot of them died ( horde, alliance and neutral). And very few where added or old ones getting expanded story's.

The best so far, with a few weak areas that I hope they work on. The profession overhaul and removal of the legion legendary system in BfA are good signs in that direction.

I have high hopes for the next expansion though I will strongly miss the "class fantasy" emphasis of Legion which gave me such a motivation to level alts for once with all our unique order halls and questlines.

Deleted
    I was thinking of making a thread about it, mas then I saw this one, so...

I love Legion. I love the content, the story, the setting, the characters, the systems, etc, but I find two major flaws that turn it down from being a 10/10 and those are too much content and non-rewarding experience.

Too much content shouldn't be a flaw, I know, but here it is in my opinion. Look at all the content besides the normal new expansion content: order hall campaign, class campaign, legionfall campaign, argus campaign, suramar campaign, oh my! You do it on your main character and it's wonderful, they're all VERY good (except for legionfall), but then you look at your alts and it's like, nah I'll pass, thank you. Problem is, they're all kinda necessary (if you wish to unlock everything on your characters) and they're all intertwined.

The other and maybe biggest problem with legion: nothing is rewarding enough and it creates frustration and apathy. Before legion the game was something like "do this stuff over and over and you will be rewarded" (thinking of legendary campaigns in mop and wod and simplest stuff like grinding dungeons/raids and that drop will eventually, you know, drop or grinding content for tokens on which to buy gear), in legion is like ""do this stuff over and over and you MIGHT be rewarded". Do M+ dungeons without getting any loot or the gear you get at the OH chest is useless because that slot is already taken by a tier set item or legendary or it's just plain worse than the one you already have. And of course, the RNG fest that was the legendary system.

All in all, it is maybe the best expansion yet because it is the pinnacle of 15+ years of experience and wisdom, but it's fails so much on some points that it's probably the expansion that most people got burnt out faster.

/opinion

GOOD

Pro :

Story. World quest. M+, dungeons. Class hall/class story, Class mount, Questing. revamp levelling, characters, Artifact weapon is cool

Cons :

Suramar
    Raid ( i enjoyed Tier 1 mostly) but the whole enviroment of argus and green fel wasnt me, the raid was mediore)
    Artifact system (the weapon itself is awesome but the system could have been better.

Deleted
    Bad, because of:

Legendaries - just another RNG epic that you have to have
    Artifact - because of the endless AP grind.
    Reputations - no thought what so ever behind it, low ilvl items locked behind rev/exalted. RNG lootboxes (not even implemented from start)
    Titanforging - another RNG, feels unreawrding with a normal item.
    Professions - even worse then in WoD. Also locked behind stupid quests, and ranks...
    Flying - should have been unlocked at lvl 110 or at least with loremaster from the start of expansion.
    Mission table - ...
    Raids - 4 difficulties
    Devs - still feels like WoD, developers who have no clue about the game. Throwing in changes without understanding the impact.
    Classes - the butchering of skills, and the removal of surv hunter.
    Leveling - the Broken isles scaling, and also the newly implemented slower leveling overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    To expand more (because I am FUCKING AMAZING at walls of text)...

Positives

I loved the attention to classes, class quests, order halls, class mounts. I like the emphasis on class identity again. It really felt like a throwback to classic, in a good way.

I liked world quests. I am a player who haaaaaaates dailies, and I liked this way of having dailies but not. You could pick which ones to do based on the rewards, they rotated and were different, and a variety of different content, and you could use them to get bonus rep and goodie bags for a chance at better items, resources, legendaries, etc.

I liked the zones (except Antoran Wastes which can DIAF), I liked that you could do them in any order and they'd scale. I thought the questing experience was mostly really stellar. I liked invasions has a later alternative to leveling, especially as a person who haaaates leveling on multiple alts. I liked the treasures out in the world, continuing from Mists.

I liked the raids and most of the dungeons. The mythic+ system was interesting. Mage towers instead of proving grounds were cool.

I liked the call hall upgrade advancement traits and picking special perks based on preferences. I liked how missions and followers were done compared to Warlords.

I liked the gear catch-up mechanism with shards for alts and returning players. It made it require some effort but not too much.

I liked Personal Loot not only being viable but preferable in most situations.

I liked shared Gathering nodes.

Overall, I log in and I have fun stuff to do, which is pretty much all I want out of an expansion.

Negatives

Like pretty much everyone, I didn't like the legendary system. I don't mind that the drops were random; I believe RNG has a place in RPGs. But I feel like it was a grave misstep having some of the legendaries being throughput and some survival and some applicable in really niche situations coupled with that RNG component.

It didn't feel fun or fair that some people just had really bad luck and months and months on still didn't have the better legendaries, especially when you're working in an environment where, say, your raidmates might. It's not really fun, nor does it inspire healthy competition, when you know you're never going to touch that other hunter on DPS because he has two BiS legendaries and you have two survival ones and you aren't even sure when you will get yours. Personally, I finally got my BiS legendary on my main two weeks ago -- my very last one for this spec -- and I have 48 days /played at 110 (most of that doing things that actually go towards getting an item). I finally got it via and Essence purchase.

Additionally, due to the RNG and the "bad luck protection" mechanic if you got a legendary that wasn't a good one, rather than just being less excited, you'd actually feel punished since not only was that legendary not the one you wanted but it also meant you had to wait that much longer for a chance at the ones you did want. I just feel like any system where getting a legendary item can make a person feel more unhappy than if they'd gotten nothing at all isn't a very good design.

IMO, they should have made all of the legendaries this expansion either survival or utility oriented, or else made the bonus text to be some kind of fun or cosmetic stuff (warriors get slow fall, mage's spells change colours, warlocks randomly morph into a demon, etc) so that way players didn't feel gimped if they didn't have the best one and when you did have several you could choose based on the ones with the secondary stats you liked or the utility most applicable to the situation or whatever bonus you enjoyed the most. I know survival and utility legendaries aren't as exciting but they would certainly be more appealing if they weren't competing with ones that actually improved your performance. Honestly, I would have been totally happy with legendaries that just provided more stats and came with purely cosmetic uses and procs that added to class flavour. I think that would have been really fun and also the least painful for a rare drop situation.

Cooking was awful.

Why did Blizz have to kill Vol'jin? Troll race best race.

Survival Hunters.

There's a few other minor issues (like WHY IS DARKBRUL ONLY EVER UP IN THE THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?!), but legendaries is really the biggest one for me, and the only one worth harping on.

Mixed Bag

Artifact weapons were hit and miss to me. On one hand, I liked the storylines, I liked the class development and focus that went along with them. I liked farming unique appearances and the idea of hidden appearances and mage tower challenges and unlocking more special stuff via achievements. I liked the unique traits and utility that came with them and how it gave some spells expanded functionality or twists. However, I also kinda find the one-weapon-for-the-whole-expansion kinda meh. Getting a new weapon was always something cool and exciting to look forward to and I kinda missed it, for the same reason why heirlooms while leveling sort of diminish the fun of dungeons and quest rewards. It's fun to get upgrades. I also didn't like the early AP grind, where there was a pretty significant difference between people who had time to grind a ton and people who didn't. I didn't like the research stuff. Nowadays, when the AP costs for another level are so high that the difference between crazy grinders and regular folks is only a level or two, it's not so bad. But early on, it was fairly punishing if you didn't have the time to invest.

I liked Professions having quests and some involvement to them besides "talk to trainer" but I didn't like that the dungeon quests were necessary for baseline recipe progression (rather than just for higher ranks or higher quality recipes) and I did not think the recipe:quest difficulty was well balanced. It was ridiculous stupid, for example, to need to a mythic level dungeon to get a recipe for an ilvl 810 item when by the time we're able to do that content, we're almost certainly already wearing better. For professions to be somewhat meaningful, they should allow you to make items you'll wear while leveling up or gearing at early end cap. The materials and recipe source need to be more in tune with the quality of the item you're making.

I am not bothered by delayed flying or it being tied to an achievement that requires a lot of content being completed. I do think those achievements should have been implemented earlier into the expansion though. I'm not saying immediately, just... not as long as it took.

Suramar was gorgeous, but I hated redoing sure a huge, arduous quest chain on alts. Also, as with Gilneas, it feels like a waste of a really cool place that we didn't ultimately turn it into a real, functional city.

Appearance tab awesome. Sets tab awesome. Can we not have bracers count into completed sets since you can't see them anyway becomes, c'mon Blizz. Or at least make some kind of set drop down so it will still show sets only missing 1-2 slots there for quickly building outfits.

The calendar mini events are great, but don't get enough advertisement outside the launcher. Blizzard needed to put in in-game breadcrumb quests or have NPCs walking around Dalaran talking about the events. There were a few interesting ones I missed just because I didn't realise they were happening until too late.

Timewalking. Dungeons: Yes. Ulduar: Yes. Black Temple: Ughghghghgh. I still have never completed that.

Why is Khadgar useless? Why doesn't he ever give bloodlust to me?
    Last edited by Tziva; 2018-02-23 at 04:44 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a returning player to Legion a lot of classes have felt a lot less fun then they used to be. Which is kinda sad, don't know what blizzard did but it sucks. I like the expansion though. AP is extremely tedious though.

Legendaries are awful. Just get rid of them completely or make them nigh impossible to get.

Gearing alts and off spec is ginormous pain in the ass with getting all the required relics (decent) and the correct legendarily, sucks.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2018-02-23 at 04:45 AM.

It was good towards the end when AP was easy to come by.