Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The absolute dumbest stuff you did

What is some of the absolute dumbest stuff you did back in the day before you really knew what was going on?

I remember a few things
    - not realizing I could vendor things for money and just deleting everything out of my bags. Got to Westfall and didnt have the money to fly back to stormwind
    - using a white quality staff on my warrior because it did more dps than the weapon I had on
    - buying white quality weapons from a vendor because thats where I thought they all came from. The farther the zones progressed, the better weapons that would be available

5+ Year Old Account
    - I took Fury Visor instead of Diamond Flask from my lvl50 warrior quest reward.
    - I lvled in an utterly garbage frankenstein-hybrid build with dualwield specced while using a 2h.

I dont recall much else, it was such a long time ago. Probably blew up raid on Geddon fight a couple of times.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

I used to get lost pretty constantly on my first character. Wandered around Wetlands and Arathi despite being a lot lower level and wound up getting ganked and camped until my hearthstone was off cooldown.

But yes. I would actually get lost trying to find my way around Stormwind for the first few weeks I started.

Swim from Ironforge to Stormwind as I didn't know about the tram.

Deleted
    started playing the game..... but the time was well enjoyed

running to Lakeshire as lvl4, setting hearthstone there and then heroically fighting a dragon whelp... untill it hit me once

finding out you can leven up doing quests.... on lvl 30 D:

this thread is decreasing my already rock bottom iq

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Swim from Ironforge to Stormwind as I didn't know about the tram.
    I walked from Teldrassil to Northshire. That was fun lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    I used to get lost pretty constantly on my first character. Wandered around Wetlands and Arathi despite being a lot lower level and wound up getting ganked and camped until my hearthstone was off cooldown.

But yes. I would actually get lost trying to find my way around Stormwind for the first few weeks I started.
    Its been 12 years since I started playing and i STILL get lost in Undercity

10+ Year Old Account
    Found out about dungeon finder (I'm a cata baby, sue me!) around level 30, same with talent points.. Luckily I had a older brother whom had played since TBC and told me what an idiot I was and to add talent points. :P
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    What is some of the absolute dumbest stuff you did back in the day before you really knew what was going on?

I remember a few things
    - not realizing I could vendor things for money and just deleting everything out of my bags. Got to Westfall and didnt have the money to fly back to stormwind
    - using a white quality staff on my warrior because it did more dps than the weapon I had on
    - buying white quality weapons from a vendor because thats where I thought they all came from. The farther the zones progressed, the better weapons that would be available
    Once I got feared by a warlock for the first time I checked to see if my keyboard was plugged in. It made literally no sense in my mind that a player had the right to prevent another player from being able to play and enjoy the game for such a gigantic period of time.

13 years later I still can't believe this is a thing, but at least it explains why PvP is such a fucking joke in this PvE game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The very first time I got into a dungeon run was in Deadmines and I didn't really understand how WoW dungeons worked in terms of aggro, threat and tanking. We had a fairly poor tank who pulled a couple extra mobs and failed to pick them up, but when I got 2-3 mobs whacking on me (I was the healer) I instinctively tried to outrun or leash them, and ended up accidentally pulling like 10+ more mobs in the process.

Thankfully, I soon realised mobs do not leash in dungeons and didn't try that again
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    On my warrior I didn't pick blackhands breathe from the Ony quest, but a total fail.

First toon was a hunter, I played melee up to level 30 before rolling said warrior.

When i started i just poped 1 sunder armor on mobs while tanking until someone told me that it stacks up to 5 while running gnomeregan i think or SM GY cant remember >.>

Deleted
    Until level 20, as a rogue, I kept all mail grey/white items in the bank because I thought I would eventually be able to use them.

First time I went into the Barrens, and was met with "LF1M Tank for WC", I legit asked for a couple of minutes "Guys, how do I get a tank? How do I build one" etc etc, thinking that they meant a tank, as in, a siege engine.

Needing on a whole of lot blue items (The first one I saw, I was like "Holy crap this is big!!" - Think my first blue item was a cloth int item on my hunter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post

I remember a few things
    Selling the corrupted Ashbringer i had cause i needed gold (during BC)
    but lets go back to vanilla

-didnt know about ammo so once i stopped shooting i thought my bow broke so i sold it, bought another thoughti t was faulty, so i sold it and just melee huntered till about.... level 30. i also never fed my pet, just had to tame a new one every so often

-warlock, leveled to 25 befroe learning about soulshards, i only used imp.

-didnt know about the debuff slot count till i nearly got kicked out from my first raid for putting on my dots and curse on the first like 6 mobs in molten core

-I met a girl well leveling and we became a couple well leveling and broke up when she decided she wanted to level in a differant zone then me in the very next day.

-i took healing gear once in awhile because i thought "more healing from my demon armor means more life taps, means more dps!"

-once i got the firestone i thoguht it was so good i used it for awhile just stabbing people with my firestone equipped, thinking that it was super leet dps since i didnt need to worry of mana
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    I saved up and bought the white quality items from the repair vendors in Darkshore

- I figured that white-looking armor with Intellect must be the bees knees. They made you look clean, and Intellect is always good to have. I played a Hunter.

- I ran into the Barrens, aggroing everything in the zone (was level 10) and died horribly. As I had died however, I spotted a giraffe. A GIRAFFE!!!
    So naturally, I ran back and repeated the process just to get closer to the giraffe.

- I was a keyboard-turning clicker from my start up until the very beginning of MoP.

- I started farming for the Halaa mounts at level 70, rather than reaching 80 and farm them at max level. I also started the Mag'har Talbuk grind, which was beyond a pain in my ass and could've been so much faster had I only gotten to 80 first. But, those memories are very precious so... The joy of being a nub!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Once I got feared by a warlock for the first time I checked to see if my keyboard was plugged in. It made literally no sense in my mind that a player had the right to prevent another player from being able to play and enjoy the game for such a gigantic period of time.

13 years later I still can't believe this is a thing, but at least it explains why PvP is such a fucking joke in this PvE game.
    Eh? Are you saying you do not understand the concept of crowd control in player vs player?

10+ Year Old Account
    I also remember having no freaking clue what some of the abbreviations meant. Like wtb or lfm. They meant nothing to me at the time because I hadn't played a game anything like this before

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Eh? Are you saying you do not understand the concept of crowd control in player vs player?
    Are you saying you are not able to imagine a game where players don't have to stop the fun of their opponent to reach victory?