Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I don't really get why mog is even used as argument. You can select plenty of plate gear, if you don't like paladin set you can pick pieces from dk or warrior.

They keep using that particular gear but I don't think it's that good looking at all. My personal favorite was the one from SoO raid. And it wouldn't look that bad on Zandalari trolls.

And I never liked the Ashbringer that much, I always thought this "iconic" weapon looks dull, why would troll want to weild it, when he can use this weapon instead? :
    They're using mog as a platform because they are literally that desperate to find anything to dispute this as a possibility. They're reaching for any frail thing they can. Miserably, I might add. They've already been debased to insults, which is quite amusing in itself.

I'm with you on the classic Ashbringer skin, but it is iconic. I think it would look odd on a Troll, if I'm being honest. Thankfully you can switch it to anything. Jin'rokh would look good with the new Unsullied gear. Might play with that later to see what it looks like.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Wow, are people still crying about this? Get over yourselves, Zandalari Paladin ain't happening, you got your hopes up due to a random no-name NPC trash mob from a 5 year old raid.

The alliance received no new combos with the allied races while the horde got the night elf rig with a warlock class, and you still whine like little children? Yikes
    Just please, go away.. no one cares about your bad arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why Strom'kar is meant to be any bad for them, and why is it meant to be feared by them. It's not like it's infuesd with special anti troll power now, is it?

Besides one Darkspear already picked it and was about to handle it to Vol'Jin. So I believe it's over the top characterisation.
    That was Trol'kalar, a different blade.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why Strom'kar is meant to be any bad for them, and why is it meant to be feared by them. It's not like it's infuesd with special anti troll power now, is it?

Besides one Darkspear already picked it and was about to handle it to Vol'Jin. So I believe it's over the top characterisation.
    it is infused with some special anti troll power, it was wielded by the ancient human king, who kill a lot of trolls with her

when you go, for exemple, in the isle of thunder, it show the power, it cause fear for 1m to any trolls who get close, included the bosses

yet the trolls player can use without problem

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Oh lol my bad. But yeah, that specific blade was made to slay trolls. I don't get why they spurted Strom'kar out of nowhere where they could've updated Zin'rokh the troll weapon that is literally called "World destroyer".

Not that this weapon would literally destroy world, but that it's really powerful.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

The Trolls still fear Strom'kar. He wasn't incorrect.

EDIT: He was incorrect, my bad. Lol. Trol'kalar is the one you return to the Darkspear Trolls. MY BAD, TOO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it is infused with some special anti troll power, it was wielded by the ancient human king, who kill a lot of trolls with her

when you go, for exemple, in the isle of thunder, it show the power, it cause fear for 1m to any trolls who get close, included the bosses

Which would be fine... if it was Trol'kalar. A blade that is supposed to be infused with magic that negated the natural regeneration of trolls and killed many of them.

Strom'kar, unless i'm mistaken, was first mentioned in Legion and it simply was imbued with magic from various sources. It did participate in the Troll Wars but it's more of a symbol of Strom's unity than anything.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

That's why I'm quite annoyed. There are two weapons as artifacts that were made to slay trolls. And one literally came out of nowhere. I'd rather have one troll artifact for once, and I'm quite disappointed Jin'rokh wasn't Arms weapon. It could've bring some justice for Amani.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Man, your ability to analogy is so bad.

First off, the base class for all of those Soccer Players, Tennis Players, or Basketball players would be ATHLETE (Paladin). They aren't engineers, they aren't construction workers, they aren't academics, they aren't artists.

Their specialization would then be soccer player (ret), tennis player (prot), basketball player (holy).

The base class is PALADIN.

And now you are just being petty, because Blizzard ALREADY DID WHAT YOU ASKED FOR BY NAMING BELFS AS BLOOD KNIGHTS AND TAUREN AS SUNWALKERS.
    They aren't going to rewrite hours upon hours and pages of code, extending their game code, just so the same game mechanics can appear with a different name. Troll Bear form and Tauren Bear form look different, but its still called Bear Form for sake of ease on the code and mechanics. Travel form is called Travel Form, despite having glyphs to make it look like a cheetah or a stag, and soon a raptor. Flight Form is flight form despite being a crow, a bat, and soon a pteradactly.

Art is not as resource intensive on the game's infrastructure as extra and meaningless code.

Take the lore nod that they are ALREADY CALLED DIFFERENT THINGS as Blizzard acknowledging exactly what you want. JFC.
    Then my game copy must be bugged, I have to choose a Paladin when I create a new char, be it BElfs or Taurens.

Also in-game basically everything labels me as Paladin.

I already stated I’m fine with having the actual class mechanics, all I ask is a simple name change for the class (and hopefully some skills but I can live without that). There’s nothing to rewrite, all you need is a “find and replace” text function even the basic windows notepad has.

Why is this so difficult to understand is beyond me.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2018-02-22 at 06:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which would be fine... if it was Trol'kalar. A blade that is supposed to be infused with magic that negated the natural regeneration of trolls and killed many of them.

Strom'kar, unless i'm mistaken, was first mentioned in Legion and it simply was imbued with magic from various sources. It did participate in the Troll Wars but it's more of a symbol of Strom's unity than anything.
    stromkr is a weapon made of devs asses, so they can add any shit they find cool

this is legion in a nutshell btw, "don't rly make that much sense, but its cool!1!1"

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I'm quite annoyed. There are two weapons as artifacts that were made to slay trolls. And one literally came out of nowhere. I'd rather have one troll artifact for once, and I'm quite disappointed Jin'rokh wasn't Arms weapon. It could've bring some justice for Amani.
    for me, they tried so hard to scream "hey guys we don't have horde bias" after wod, so they pretty much fucked up in a lot of things

Th arms artifact was supposed to be the Broxxigar axe, but the devs didn't find cool enough, hey need something "edgy" with shadow/void power

7+ Year Old Account
    stromkr is a weapon made of devs asses, so they can add any shit they find cool

this is legion in a nutshell btw, "don't rly make that much sense, but its cool!1!1"

- - - Updated - - -

for me, they tried so hard to scream "hey guys we don't have horde bias" after wod, so they pretty much fucked up in a lot of things

Th arms artifact was supposed to be the Broxxigar axe, but the devs didn't find cool enough, hey need something "edgy" with shadow/void power
    Ah trust me. I didn't like Legion's lore since its announcement. And yes, the Axe of Cenarius was planned but they scrapped it because "a wooden weapons does not fit a Warrior"

Sure. Meanwhile my troll is wielding Felo'melorn like nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    I don't see why people are up in arms against Zandalari Paladins.

They're NPCs in Throne of Thunder.

Plus, having them be Paladins means space for Dark Iron Shamans.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post

There'd be even more space if we get rid of Zandalari Warlocks and Rogues

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post

People said it's only an npc which doesn't count..

You have no idea.. how we have been over and I mean OVER explaining this whole thing.
    Zandalari paladins are easy to explain.. nothing can beat the high elf dead horse they said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not against the idea but if they manage to make them cool, the idea of tauren paladin was silly to me until I read about them and saw that their take in armor is tribal looking, now if blizzard went the extra mile and renamed the spells that would be an awesome change albeit not without it anoyances.

The Trolls still fear the blade, however, and they will flee from you. Perhaps we'll get a blade that fears humans in Stormwind so I can just go straight to Anduin. Wearing his head on my shoulders would epic.

[Head of the High King]
    Binds when Picked Up
    +400 Stamina
    +400 Agility/Strength/Intellect

+400 Mastery
    +400 Haste
    +400 Versatility
    +400 Critical Strike

On Use: Silences, fears, and incapacitates all players of the enemy faction. Instantly kills Void Elves.
    "The head of High King Anduin is still seen with its mouth gaping and eyes full of tears."
    Usable by: Zandalari Paladins

Aren't there already a lot of Zandalari paladins in game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    So were basically any gnomes with guns before Legion, we still got Gnome Hunters.

So were Zen'tabra and all the loa priests, we still got Troll Druids.

So is Leotheras, we still got Blood Elf Demon Hunters.

So is Alleria, we still got Void Elves.

So were literally all the allied races at one point or other.

So were Night Elf Paladins, and we still got half a class campaign devoted to them.

"Only an NPC" is more precedent for Zandalari Paladins than we had for half the caster classes available to Goblins and Worgen before they dropped. Hell, it's more than we got for Tauren Paladins.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2018-02-22 at 07:36 PM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

You have no idea.. how we have been over and I mean OVER explaining this whole thing.
    Zandalari paladins are easy to explain.. nothing can beat the high elf dead horse they said.
    Welp, a lot of people who wanted High Elves were Paladin mains who probably would have backed you all on this. GZ on alienating support for your own RP wishlist, I guess.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    I'm not against the idea but if they manage to make them cool, the idea of tauren paladin was silly to me until I read about them and saw that their take in armor is tribal looking, now if blizzard went the extra mile and renamed the spells that would be an awesome change albeit not without it anoyances.
    Well I'm pretty sure everyone is up for more customisation and making certain combos special. They started off with glyphs and cosmetic armor. So since wod there is lots of great orcish armor, especially frostwolf one.

There is still a chance Blizz will add things up. People are already requesting heritage armor for original races. As Tauren have extremely limited choice for them. I mean yeah there are some rugged clothes and leathers, but nothing really screams Tauren to me, the hardest to get is plate armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Welp, a lot of people who wanted High Elves were Paladin mains who probably would have backed you all on this. GZ on alienating support for your own RP wishlist, I guess.
    He is not speaking on behalf of everyone here.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria