Poll: Who is your favorite Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    I like Thrall and Sylvanas the best. I wasn't a fan of Garrosh's Brutal nature, and Vol'jin got shafted hard.

Cata Garrosh Hellscream were the most badass Warchief that Horde ever had.. Blizzard just went shitbat crazy with Garrosh in MOP, lame excuse to get into draenor. If only Cata Garrosh were kept, Azeroth would've feared the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Is War Crimes a good read, on the subject of Garrosh and that timeframe?
    I wouldn't say it's a spectacular read as a whole but it has a few interesting bits nonetheless, most notably the conversations between Anduin and Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I actually have been looking to buy Tides of Darkness. I think I'm headed to the bookstore after work, honestly. I need something to read now that I'm almost done with Chronicles 2.

Is War Crimes a good read, on the subject of Garrosh and that timeframe?
    "War Crimes" is a good book until you get to the ending, after the climactic battle between the main characters with the antagonist(s). Beyond that point, though; it sours somewhat in my estimation.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Thrall gets my vote.

Garrosh was always a bell end, he started out as all emo in Nagrand when we find him. Suddenly during pre Wrath events he gets all shitty with Thrall out of no where.

Wrath he is still an asshole who has a rage boner against the alliance for no real reason. Cata he continued this (not to mention killed Cairne the git).

Mop he finally went full bad guy which I could see coming a mile off. Did not like him as my warchief.

5+ Year Old Account
    Thrall never really did anything as Warchief in World of Warcraft, beyond recruiting Garrosh.

Garrosh was a flawed, tragic and sometimes even interesting character and I liked his story, except some nonsensical shit in Cata, when they were still unsure what would become of him. I wish they would have released more story stuff with 5.3 and showed Garrosh's point of view there.

Vol'jin is a joke character.

Sylvanas is missing any consistent characterization. Maybe they will write her better in BfA, but I doubt it.

Based on this I would say that Garrosh is my favorite Warchief, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a spectacular read as a whole but it has a few interesting bits nonetheless, most notably the conversations between Anduin and Garrosh.
    Okay, I'll make Tides of War a priority, then. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    "War Crimes" is a good book until you get to the ending, after the climactic battle between the main characters with the antagonist(s). Beyond that point, though; it sours somewhat in my estimation.
    Okay, thanks for the insight.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Thrall never really did anything as Warchief in World of Warcraft, beyond recruiting Garrosh.
    Here you go random ignorant of the day... https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thrall. Read so you can become "UNSTUPID". Then come back. Then look at your comment.

:THINKING.meme:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    "It's new and wacky, so it's better!"
    I dunno, I wouldn't say Sylvanas is a great Warchief but it's a nice change of pace from

Honor but honor
    Honor but warmonger
    Honor but sneaky

Vol'Jin definitely should've had a longer run though.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2018-02-22 at 03:46 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Here you go random ignorant of the day... https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thrall. Read so you can become "UNSTUPID". Then come back. Then look at your comment.

:THINKING.meme:
    And what should I read their?

In World of Warcraft Thrall was Warchief until Cataclysm and all he did in the game - not including novels, because of the title of this thread - was going to Nagrand and recruiting Garrosh, except you count standing in Orgrimmar and giving quests is doing something. But I like how you insult me, real smart!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    In World of Warcraft Thrall was Warchief until Cataclysm and all he did in the game - not including novels, because of the title of this thread - was going to Nagrand and recruiting Garrosh, except you count standing in Orgrimmar and giving quests is doing something. But I like how you insult me, real smart!
    To be fair,: Thrall sent adventurers to rescue Moira to improve relationships with the Dwarves, He met the Mag'har and brought them into the Horde, during Wrath, Fought against Garrosh, Thrall assisted to the Argent Tournament, helped take back Undercity.

And there's more in the novels, but you are only interested in in-game things
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how anyone can vote for Vol'Jin with a straight face he did nothing.

Also: Garrosh
    Me not that kind of Orc!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    To be fair,: Thrall sent adventurers to rescue Moira to improve relationships with the Dwarves, He met the Mag'har and brought them into the Horde, during Wrath, Fought against Garrosh, Thrall assisted to the Argent Tournament, helped take back Undercity.

And there's more in the novels, but you are only interested in in-game things
    I judged the Warchief just by what he does in the game because I thought that the op limited it just to World of Warcraft. The fight against Garrosh changed nothing in my judgement and had no impact on anything. The battle of Undercity would have happened without him, but I would definitely count that as doing something, just nothing that makes him the best Warchief. Thrall watched the Argent Tournament, that does not make him an good or interesting Warchief, the same for giving quests in Vanilla. The recruitment of Garrosh and the Mag'har is the only thing that Thrall accomplished on his own, while being Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I dunno, its kinda fun how it paints celestials as trolls and self-righterous assholes, while at the same time painting whole "wisdom of pandaria" as load of "wise-sounding" bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velgrub View Post
    I don't see how anyone can vote for Vol'Jin with a straight face he did nothing.

Also: Garrosh
    it because is their "favorite",regardless what they did

sylvanas didn't shit, but people vote for her too

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I dunno, I wouldn't say Sylvanas is a great Warchief but it's a nice change of pace from

Honor but honor
    Honor but warmonger
    Honor but sneaky

Vol'Jin definitely should've had a longer run though.
    and what w have now?

no honor and sneaky?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and what w have now?

no honor and sneaky?
    Edgy Angst
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it because is their "favorite",regardless what they did

sylvanas didn't shit, but people vote for her too

and what w have now?

no honor and sneaky?
    Sure if you want to simplify it as much as I did.

I don't see what's wrong with it though, times change.