Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Saw the title and genuinely got sorta excited, then I read the thread.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Some nice news for anyone waiting for news of Rift Prime, just announced today was the launch date of March the 7th.

Full Release: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...-march-7-2018/
    I could be reading this wrong. So the servers are just running for a certain time then it just ends? Where they send your toons to a live server. I wonder why they just dont keep it going "box-free" into the following xpacks. That would make me want to come back more. I loved raiding in the early game and into HK but the store did kinda kill it for me. Its mostly my problem/fault because I tend to spend more than I should in it...

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I could be reading this wrong. So the servers are just running for a certain time then it just ends? Where they send your toons to a live server. I wonder why they just dont keep it going "box-free" into the following xpacks. That would make me want to come back more. I loved raiding in the early game and into HK but the store did kinda kill it for me. Its mostly my problem/fault because I tend to spend more than I should in it...
    Supposedly.

Not to mention it's just the current client downgraded and isn't even actually classic Rift. Doesn't use the older soul trees as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So it's not really Vanilla RIFT? Pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    They seem to be jealous about WoW: Classic.
    So many triggered people, it's hilarious, you forgot this is coming out in 2 weeks time, tell me again when is WoW: Classic coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    So it's not really Vanilla RIFT? Pass.
    Yup. It's essentially a messed up version with modern features because the devs got lazy. And again the ironic part is they are using a client that already has it's fair share of issues. One of the big ones being multicore support still being garbage.

I'm still curious who asked for this. And no a few hardcore fans who throw their wallets at the screen whenever a new lockbox comes out doesn't cut it. I want to know what majority asked for a classic version of the game that isn't actually classic. As per usual Trion have shown consistent incompetence with handling the game so I'm not surprised they couldn't even manage an older version of said game properly.

They are lucky they have Trove personally. Because that game literally carries their company.

Because to me Trion are absolutely bsing their "statistics" or they just gathered the hardcore fans at a convention and asked them rather than the general population/former playerbase.

You can easily tell they are just milking it by the $30 pack they introduced to "get you into prime".

As I said in my opinion you would be better off throwing that Patron money onto WoW or FF14. You get a lot more for your money in return. Plus actual development of said games. Not a class and a 3 boss raid being called a "major" patch.

As for classic games I'd just say wait for WoW classic since we know it's going to be as close to the experience as possible excluding modern features that are bound to happen such as Battle.net integration. Or Old School RS.

This is what's going to happen. Prime will have a small surge at the start then people will realize that it's just the current game downgraded rather than actual Classic and leave. Hell if it goes upto Nightmare Tide people will leave that anyway.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-22 at 06:01 PM.

https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/wp-...prime_blog.jpg

Some nice news for anyone waiting for news of Rift Prime, just announced today was the launch date of March the 7th.

Full Release: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...-march-7-2018/
    ... It seems someone has read WoW's forums two years ago, found out about "pristine servers"... and decided it was a good idea. Apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... It seems someone has read WoW's forums two years ago, found out about "pristine servers"... and decided it was a good idea. Apparently.
    Yeah more than likely. I somehow doubt they polled anyone other than their "hardcore" playerbase.

Even Blizzard realised the pristine idea was stupid and not a remedy to the issue people were bringing up hence why it was quickly and quietly taken out back and put down.

So many triggered people, it's hilarious, you forgot this is coming out in 2 weeks time, tell me again when is WoW: Classic coming out?
    To be honest, I'd rather have Trion spend more time to deliver a proper chocolate Rift experience complete with old talent trees than this nonsense they're delivering now. I have literally zero interest in this server since we're playing with live abilities/talents, and not the ones that were an integral part of the chocolate Rift experience, at least for me.

And I was legit hype as hell when they first announced this server because it sounded like that's what they were going to deliver - a proper chocolate Rift experience.

I honestly don't see the point otherwise. All these legacy servers like they have in EQ1/2 and with private servers for other games are popular because they largely deliver the original experience. They're not just slapping the current version of the game onto a server and then pushing out existing content updates.

Don't deflect to WoW or other MMO's you just come off childish when you do. If you want to talk about WoW Classic it has a whole sub-forum for it.

This isn't "Rift Classic" Its a limited version of the current game that costs people money monthly. It isn't even using the original talents or anything.

Also hate yo break it to you but this P2p part of Rift lacks massive amounts of content compared to any other MMO out there with a sub price tag. Why should someone sub here when they can sub to many other MMO's and get more content that isn't broken as fuck.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Claim other posters are, in some way, triggered, followed by a jab at WoW. Oh Slipmat, never change!

The elephant in the room is that no one asked for Rift Prime. No one wanted Rift Prime. People have wanted a return to the Rift of 2011, but Rift Prime isn't it. At best, it'll wall off the more toxic segment of the community in their own little play pen leaving the existing community divided. I don't believe Rift has the numbers to really consider doing that to be a good idea. At worst, it'll take up development time and funding from more pressing issues.

What Trion are putting out required, essentially, putting a cap on XP you could earn and locking most of the content. It's a very bare-bones effort to put it generously. In other subscription based MMO's, Rift Prime would be what they offer as a Free Trial. A level capped, limited play experience with content that has long since ceaced to be relevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    To be honest, I'd rather have Trion spend more time to deliver a proper chocolate Rift experience complete with old talent trees than this nonsense they're delivering now. I have literally zero interest in this server since we're playing with live abilities/talents, and not the ones that were an integral part of the chocolate Rift experience, at least for me.

And I was legit hype as hell when they first announced this server because it sounded like that's what they were going to deliver - a proper chocolate Rift experience.

I honestly don't see the point otherwise. All these legacy servers like they have in EQ1/2 and with private servers for other games are popular because they largely deliver the original experience. They're not just slapping the current version of the game onto a server and then pushing out existing content updates.
    Agreed, the current game experience is terrible. Why would I pay more money for the same experience just capped at level 50?

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah more than likely. I somehow doubt they polled anyone other than their "hardcore" playerbase.

Even Blizzard realised the pristine idea was stupid and not a remedy to the issue people were bringing up hence why it was quickly and quietly taken out back and put down.
    Pristine isn't a horrible idea, but its not a replacement for classic servers. And the dev time would be stupid low to do pristine servers. I'm guessing it never happened because they predicted not enough people would be interested.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Tell me again who is going to give an actual Vanilla experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Tell me again who is going to give an actual Vanilla experience?
    I'd rather wait and pay for an actual experience that was actually worked on rather than a rushed and lazily designed classic experience that isn't even classic.

So no contest. WoW classic hands down.

I'll pass. I'll just level up a new toon on the free servers. Not much difference.

Bucknaste Time!

They are leaving out the one crucial information that it's not true classic rift. It's just today's rift without content. Same trees and everything

How fucking shady can you get
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    I played rift a lot on launch. was the first raid on my server to clear gsb, etc. id be interested in a vanilla experience, but that doesnt seem to be what they are offering.
    You and me both. Played on Perspice before it became a newbie shard.
    Server firsted GSB, RoS, the desert raid whose name escapes me. I most miss pvping on my bard. That was rediculously fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They are leaving out the one crucial information that it's not true classic rift. It's just today's rift without content. Same trees and everything

How fucking shady can you get
    To be fair in a dev interview they did mention it but yeah. They aren't exactly forthcoming on the fact that it isn't actually classic.

As I said not worth the sub. There are games out there worth the sub that put effort into designing their games and older versions of said games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair in a dev interview they did mention it but yeah. They aren't exactly forthcoming on the fact that it isn't actually classic.

As I said not worth the sub. There are games out there worth the sub that put effort into designing their games and older versions of said games.
    in a dev interview

as in not the official announcement post with launch date. They are making it sound like classic rift when it's not just to scam people to make a quick milking on a dying MMO with a playerbase of 500 people

seriously they are so fucking lucky trove was a success or they be done
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.