Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Trump Threatens To Pull ICE From California

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/22/polit...ump/index.html

Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump declared on Thursday he was considering withdrawing Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents from California as punishment for what he claimed was a "lousy management job" in patrolling illegal immigration.

"You know what, I'm thinking about doing it," Trump said at a roundtable with state and local officials to address ideas to stop gun violence in the wake of the Parkland school massacre. His comments came after he decried the state of law enforcement in the Golden State.

"We're getting no help from the state of California. Frankly, if I pulled our people from California, you would have a crime nest like you've never seen in California. All I'd have to do is say 'ICE, Border Patrol, leave California alone,'" he said during a listening session at the White House.

"You would see crime like nobody has ever seen crime in this country. And yet we get no help from the state of California. They are doing a lousy management job," he went on to say. "They have the highest taxes in the nation. And they don't know what's happening out there. Frankly it's a disgrace."

It was not clear how serious Trump was about the proposal. His administration has stepped up enforcement of immigration laws in California as an effort to pressure sanctuary cities, which is a term for local jurisdictions who have some policy of non-cooperation or coordination with federal immigration authorities.

California is also a key border for the United States, making it unlike Border Patrol or Customs and Border Protection could pull out of the state.

The San Ysidro border crossing is the busiest land port of entry in the entire Western Hemisphere, let alone the United States, and the California border is a major focus of preventing drug smuggling into the US.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Tom Homan said on Fox News earlier this year that California's policies would only increase ICE's presence.

"There's no sanctuary from federal law enforcement. As a matter of fact, we're in the process now, I'm going to significantly increase our enforcement presence in California. We're already doing it," he said.

The Department of Homeland Security did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Trump's statement.
    fuckin' do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Bannon: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Covfefe The Wise?
    Trump: No?
    Bannon: I thought not. It’s not a story the Democrats would tell you. It’s a GOP legend. Covfefe was a Dark Lord of the GOP, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the masses to vote against their interests… He had such a knowledge of demagoguery, he could even keep the ones he cared about from becoming liberals.

But it's the federal government's job to manage the borders, not the state's.

And is he threatening to remove them or increase them? Because it sounds like both. Once again Trump can't form a coherent thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the real shock here is that anyone would believe Trump would actually do anything but be negligent towards his responsibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I want to unite this troubled country! I have no idea why we're so divided, it must be the fake news media! - Donald Trump

Fuck those liberals in California, I'll pull out ICE to drive up violent crime and make them suffer and they'll beg us to return! - Also Donald Trump

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I want to unite this troubled country! I have no idea why we're so divided, it must be the fake news media! - Donald Trump

Fuck those liberals in California, I'll pull out ICE to drive up violent crime and make them suffer and they'll beg us to return! - Also Donald Trump
    “This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.” - Donald Trump, 2017

"Frankly, if I pulled our people from California, you would have a crime nest like you've never seen in California. All I'd have to do is say 'ICE, Border Patrol, leave California alone,'" ... "You know what, I'm thinking about doing it." - Donald Trump, 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Bannon: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Covfefe The Wise?
    Trump: No?
    Bannon: I thought not. It’s not a story the Democrats would tell you. It’s a GOP legend. Covfefe was a Dark Lord of the GOP, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the masses to vote against their interests… He had such a knowledge of demagoguery, he could even keep the ones he cared about from becoming liberals.

San Diego crime rate is the lowest in 40 years, and lowest of all the metropolitan areas in the US. Who needs ICE?

That's despite the SDPD staffing shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    “This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.” - Donald Trump, 2017

"Frankly, if I pulled our people from California, you would have a crime nest like you've never seen in California. All I'd have to do is say 'ICE, Border Patrol, leave California alone,'" ... "You know what, I'm thinking about doing it." - Donald Trump, 2018
    Thank you for pulling direct quotes, that makes it much better.

Seriously, fuck everything about this man.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    I love that Cheeto doesn't even know how basic government works - so deplorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn’t this something Obama was supposed to do, as part of his government take over? Brietbart did ran an article about secret machinations of George Soros to scare people with race issues, in order to justify federal intervention.

Yep, here it is:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rolled-police/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But it's the federal government's job to manage the borders, not the state's.

And is he threatening to remove them or increase them? Because it sounds like both. Once again Trump can't form a coherent thought.
    Yeah, he threatens to remove, but ends by saying he will double down.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-02-22 at 08:50 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Thank you for pulling direct quotes, that makes it much better.

Seriously, fuck everything about this man.
    http://www.kpbs.org/news/2018/feb/05...low-san-diego/

Seriously. Who would not want to live in San Diego? Thirty four murder total in 2017. Hell, the traffic fatality is probably double that at least.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2018-02-22 at 08:56 PM.

LOL, I swear this man does not think before he speaks.

"You would see crime like nobody has ever seen crime in this country. And yet we get no help from the state of California. They are doing a lousy management job," he went on to say. "They have the highest taxes in the nation. And they don't know what's happening out there. Frankly it's a disgrace."
    LOLWUT He gets no help from cali?? Like what does that mean ? We pay our taxes what else does he want ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect, can't be a sanctuary state if he removes the thing we're offering sanctuary from. A win for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I love that Cheeto doesn't even know how basic government works - so deplorable.
    Mmm...
    Cheetos.

At any rate, just empty threats as he didn’t actually wasn’t talking to the California government. He was just posturing.

Peace

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Perfect, can't be a sanctuary state if he removes the thing we're offering sanctuary from. A win for everybody.
    I wonder if other states can opt-in for ICE removal? Is there a spray they can use?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Mmm...
    Cheetos.

At any rate, just empty threats as he didn’t actually direct them towards the California government.

Peace
    That’s the funny part for me. He threatens both, that he will send more agents and that he will remove them. Which one should California be scared of?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s the funny part for me. He threatens both, that he will send more agents and that he will remove them. Which one should California be scared of?
    I think it's been clear from the get-go that Drumpf has almost no idea how the United States government works, in almost any area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I wonder if other states can opt-in for ICE removal? Is there a spray they can use?
    The same thing is happening in WA. Sessions is demanding records revealed that the state claims they have revealed. Sessions is saying the documents are incomplete, while the state claims it is abiding by the request, not the nature of the request that Sessions is demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Just replenishing the ones that are tired. People already know that CA, NM, AZ and TX are chock full of Sanctuary Cities. Why he has decided to pick on California all of a sudden is crazy.

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Just replenishing the ones that are tired. People already know that CA, NM, AZ and TX are chock full of Sanctuary Cities. Why he has decided to pick on California all of a sudden is crazy.

Peace
    California is just the loudest. Like I said above, they are doing it to WA state as well. Trump has a sweet spot for California specifically... he still cannot seem to get over losing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    How is this a threat? Its not like getting rid of ICE is a bad thing.